Best song of 2010 - Nominations Thread

1. Underworld - Always Loved A Film
5. Underworld - Scribble

Good to see some more Underworld tracks being nominated! I do like 'Always Loved A Film' and 'Scribble'. But for me the best track off their new album is Bird 1 - it's actually just been released as their latest single, and is getting quite a lot of airplay at the moment. Really hope it gets seconded so it goes into the final poll!!!

This is an excellent song, and I really hope it gets seconded!!! I agree with the comment under the clip that you can definitely hear hints of Burial in it, which is always a good thing :) I'll have a think about seconding it myself, although that would require me removing one of my existing nominations :(

Oh and I had a look at Mixmag and DJMag yesterday, and in their track of the year lists they both had Tensnake - Coma Cat really high up (one of them had it as their number 1 track of the year, and the other had it as their number 2 or 3 track of the year). It's a great tune, but I never realised just how big it had become until now!!!

This is an excellent song, and I really hope it gets seconded!!! I agree with the comment under the clip that you can definitely hear hints of Burial in it, which is always a good thing :) I'll have a think about seconding it myself, although that would require me removing one of my existing nominations :(

Yeah, it's a great track. My favorite off the album for sure. And I agree, definitely hints or Burial in there, although I'd say they are both equally influenced by each other.

Well, I HAVE to nominate the mau5 obv ;)

deadmau5 - Cthulhu Sleeps

deadmau5 - A City In Florida

Skrillex - Kill Everybody

Skrillex - Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites

Keep it coming, don't be shy. This year could be very intteresting. i thought it was a HUGE year for music especially as far as electronic music.

I think whether you like or hate the mainstream or commercialization of electronic dance music, this year had more solid releases than in many many years. We have lots to pick from, and a million sub genres. COMMON!

Ill 2nd some Dan Snaith love - Caribou - Kaili
Swim is fucking dope. Odessa is some next level gangster shit.
After this we should do a mix of our best of, BL best of 2010 or something.

Traversable Wormhole - Subliminal Warp Drive
Peter Van Hoesen - Dystopian Romance
Ark - House Of The Dead
Marcel Dettmann - Argon
DJ Sprinkles - Masturjakor
Four Tet - Plastic People
+1
Silent Servant - Untitled
+1

marsmellow said:
Four Tet - Plastic People

Yay! I didn't nominate this track (I only heard it after 33Hz nominated it), but it really deserves to be in the final poll!!!!!

marsmellow said:
Silent Servant - Untitled

Wow, I wasn't expecting this to get seconded!!!! - I thought it was far too obscure!!!! That groove is so driving, so hypnotic, and so disorienting :) And those synth chords are so fragile and beautiful - they'd sound AMAZING on MDMA :)