Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Fruit Bats

webbykevin

Bluelighter
Just had the maddest experience, had to share it.

I live in the tropics, australia, so my friends lives in the rainforest in a little house, and in the trees all aound his house is a massive colony of giant fruit bats, thousands of em all hanging in the trees like giant black and brown furry teardrops the size of a large cat.

So tonight I dropped 4 tabs of acid and went and stood in the middle of the colony as the sun was going down and they were all waking up, the noise was intense, 1000 decibels of frantic screaching and calling as they all woke up.

Then as the full first wave was kicking in, they all took off all around me, thousands of giant bats, like a swirling cloud, words will never capture the experience, talk about full on.

Dark urine soaked underground techo raves are all well and good, all those flashing lights and electronic beats, this was far more intense, nature at its most awesome and spectecular.

Now 8 hours later, im lying on a hammock with my laptop watching all the bats start to return as the first rays of dawn start to break through,the forest is coming alive all around me at ear splitting volume, what a great finish to a night in the rainforest with lucy.

Sounds pretty magical. I've had flocks of birds swoop over my head while coming down from psilocybin, bats would be way cooler though.

Sounds really cool. Bats are under-appreciated.