Hello and an MDPV Question

stuffmonger

Bluelighter
Hello Everyone. I've been lurking here for years and just recently decided to join up. I'm hoping to get some help here.

I'm a huge fan of MDPV. Not the white hydrochloride - it's inconceivable that anyone on the planet would willingly put that into their bodies -- I'm talking the freebase form. I think many of you that don't bother to freebase it yourself have at least tasted the freebase version when it was widely available as "tan mdpv". I think it's the finest drug evere conceived, not just for the indescribable hypersexuality, but also for the smooth euphoria and mild comedown.

My question is this: How can I more easilly separate the oil from the precipitate using some mechanical means?

Here's the nightmarish process I've been going through so far:

First I precipitate and then place the container on a foot vibrator for 30 minutes to raise the first oil (the oil is heavier than water, by the way):

majh90.jpg

Then I painstakingly touch each droplet with the point of a hyperdermic, which causes the oil to climb up the needle. Then I slowly extract the needle until the surface tension at the top allows the oil to float.

2e58g42.jpg

I can only do a small amount at a time or else the oil collects into a ball large enough to sink again. I draw off the oil with a filed down needle point and then spend another 30 mitues of vibrating until the next batch rises. As I proceed, the droplets become smaller and smaller until they are barely visible. The complete extraction takes 5 to 6 hours.

For anyone who freebases mdpv, by the way -- the oil is dangerous beyond belief. When I first started doing this I accidently got a few drops on my fingers while handling a used flask and didn't sleep for 4 days. I had visual and auditory hallucinations and the worst paranoia of my life. It's all the bad aspects of white mdpv times a hundred. If you think the comedown from the white mdpv is bad, rub this oil into your skin. You'll be begging for a hundred milligram dose of the white in exchange. Use rubber gloves.

Anyway --- can someone tell me how I can mechanically separate the oil from the precipitate in less than 5 hours? I definitaely don't want to use a reagent. I'm not a chemist or any kind of scientist by the way, just someone who refused to accept the "new mdpv".

Thank you.

Last edited:
Welcome :)

Sorry that I can't really help you but can I ask: you need the freebase and snort it to avoid the stomach acid to get an advantage over the HCl salt? Don't think I ever really knew a compound that has such a difference between HCl and salt besides absorption rates and physical properties. Must be me though, I always learn a lot at ADD.
I would have thought the salt would be absorbed better but there is a whole other thread going here right now about water-solubility of a snorted drug and effectivity.

For the record: I only ever had the tan MDPV (and tan alpha-PPP at that time) and did not care for both - but I am not your average stimulant enthousiast by a long shot.

There's a huge qualitative difference. I can't explain it. Perhaps the freebase version actually degrades into something entirely different.

Welcome :)
For the record: I only ever had the tan MDPV (and tan alpha-PPP at that time) and did not care for both - but I am not your average stimulant enthousiast by a long shot.

When did you try the tan mdpv? It disappeared from general availability in 2006 or 2007. The current "tan" is not the same substance.

Interesting thread.

There has been a long on going debate in ADD about the difference between the original tan MDPV and the now commercialy available MDPV.

Are you sure the only difference between the two is the tan being freebase and white the HCL?

Doesn't sound correct to me? Can't you just use baking soda as done with cocaine? Am I confused?

Interesting thread.

There has been a long on going debate in ADD about the difference between the original tan MDPV and the now commercialy available MDPV.

Are you sure the only difference between the two is the tan being freebase and white the HCL?

All I know is what I can taste. The difference is like night and. I have read in many places that the freebase version is highly unstable, and in fact, to get the effects I'm looking for I have to oxygenate the precipitate with an aquarium pump for 48 hours prior to drying, so maybe there is some chemical reaction which cleaves off one or more of the carbon atoms or some other structure. Don't have a clue. I only know that the white and all other currently available versions of mdpv is utter shit, and the freebase/processed version is divine.

Don't have a clue. I only know that the white and all other currently available versions of mdpv is utter shit, and the freebase/processed version is divine.

100% agree.

This has bothered me for a long time and many people come up with different reasoning behind what thw situation is with this.

The original in 2006 was indeed a worldly different substance.

Interesting thread.

Doesn't sound correct to me? Can't you just use baking soda as done with cocaine? Am I confused?

P.S. I do use baking soda to precipitate. It's tricky though. There's a critical temperature that causes the whole mess to violently bubble over. I put the flask in a pot of water, and that pot inside another pot of water and then heat on the stove. When the solution begins to bubble I remove it, turn off the stove, wait 30 seconds and then put the flask back in the hot water. After a minute I turn on the stove again and repeat.

Last edited:
PPS. If you do this at home, and it does bubble over, oil and solution goes everywhere. If you get a substantial amount of oil on you, you are fucked beyond description.

Well these types of threads are not allowed at Bluelight. That was the easiest source of info I found.

PV itself is utter garbage and as a freebase, its highly unstable as well.

Well these types of threads are not allowed at Bluelight. That was the easiest source of info I found.

PV itself is utter garbage and as a freebase, its highly unstable as well.

I agree with the instability. It changes color from grayish-white to a beautiful tan, and texture from a talcum like powder to a larger grain with 4 or 5 days of precipitating, provided it's kept wet.

Why are threads like this not allowed? I've seen tons of freebasing discussions on Bluelight.

When did you try the tan mdpv? It disappeared from general availability in 2006 or 2007. The current "tan" is not the same substance.

Definitely from around that time. When I tried it there was very little forum discussion about such compounds and it was acquired as part of a sample package of 7 novel stimulants, among them 4-MMC and 4-FMC.

I just read somewhere that freebase methaqualone is also a different beast altogether (or, just plain better) and the same for freebase amphetamine.
About amphetamine it's harder to believe though because I thought it was a caustic oil. TBH I thought that about most or many phenethylamines and imposed that generalization on MDPV.

Good luck with the oil, is there no way to extract it with an appropriate solvent?

Add ether or THF
The freebase will migrate to the ether/THF layer after addition of base
Separate organic layer with a separatory funnel
Dry organic layer with calcium sulphate
Use simple distillation to separate the freebase from the ether/THF, ether/THF should come off first

I doubt this is qualitatively different from the HCl

Addendum 11/13/12 THF should not be used because it's miscible in water -- not sure why I said this, but I don't work with it much

Last edited:
Add ether or THF
Use simple distillation to separate the freebase from the ether/THF, ether/THF should come off first

Thank you.

Add ether or THF

I agree that the freebase should be qualitatively the same. Yet it unquestionably isn't, plus a transformation in color over time in water and air indicates that perhaps some chemical transformation is occurring beyond the removal of HCL. I would love to know what that might possibly be.