Hello and an MDPV Question

I've heard from a few people now the tan wasn't that much better than the white, just slightly more potent.

The original tan batch was much better. Ive had the best white ever around and the original batch.. the comdown of the best white was much much worse and erotic value was around 1/4 of the original tan.

the positive effects were almost on par.. with the tan being a substantial chunk better.

But as you can take more with less comedown (I used around 80-100mg in a few hours, slept within 4 hours of going home... impressive for pv)

I've heard from a few people now the tan wasn't that much better than the white, just slightly more potent.

There's tan and then there's Tan. The tan stuff available from time to time today is not the same thing that disappeared in 2006. It's advertised everywhere. I've purchased it from a variety of suppliers and it's little different from the white HCL. In other words - utter shit. It's mdpv with impurities, or maybe food coloring, but it's not that thing which appeared like magic, felt like magic, and magically disappeared in the middle of the last decade.

Believe me, or if not me, believe the dozens of folks here who tried the 2006 Tan mdpv. There is NO comparison.

I've been lurking for a long time now. But this thread has made me make my first post.
I've been following stuffmonger from the beginning of the thread. I always wanted to try the tan-mdpv so thank you for finding a way to access it stuffmonger!

I have no chemist knowledge but wanted to contribute an idea if possible.

stuffmonger said:

I don't understand 100% what you are doing there but as for mechanical means to aid the seperation of the oil, I'd like to suggest you try a Centrifuge. What do you guys think? Wouldn't it work and speed things up ??

I found a few used "cheap" Centrifuge devices online.
EDIT: hand centrifuge devices are even cheaper and probably can be modified for the needs of this application.

p.s: english is not my native language so please excuse my use of simple words and/or mistakes.

Thank you Kenzone.

I think I saw this somewhere else and it apparently did work.

Is anyone on here who's done the old skool tan doing this and agreeing it is as good as the original?

I wouldn't mind trying the tan stuff. But I'd smoke it instead of sniffing, sounds a better ROA unless your just doing a single line as a study aid or something.

It's not complicated really. Just time consuming. To freebase mdpv, dissolve whatever you have of the white stuff in about a pint of water. It dissolves completely and nearly instantly. If it doesn't, you were ripped of by your supplier. Then add an approximately equal amount of baking soda. The reaction is immediate. Slowly heat on the stove with your flask inside a pot of water. When the solution starts to bubble vigorously, remove the flask. Turn off the stove, wait one minute and repeat the process (after re-lighting the stovetop). Do this til it is no longer creating any bubbles. Then remove the flask and let it cool. As it cools you will notice tiny oil bubbles forming on the surface of the precipitate. Remove all the oil and save it.

Now here comes the magic part. I discovered this by accident. A number of sources indicated that leaving it in water for a few days turned it into "perv powder". I tried it over and over again with no success. Then one day I poured the solution into a shallow dish and left it. An uneven pile of the precipitate happened to be sticking just out of the water. After 72 hours I decided to collect that specific pile (I don't know why). Then I dried it and bumped it. -- Magic.

After that I started aerating the mix in water for 48 hours. That was the key - water AND air.

Oh-- I missed a step -- After removing the oil (Right after precipitating) , dry the precipitate, then slowly add back the oil while stirring. You'll be left with a pasty substance. Chop this into tiny chunks and drop in the water that you will be aerating. If you don't have an aerator, mash the paste flat on a dish and spray liberally with a spray bottle of water, but not so much that the paste is completely under water. Continue spraying every few hours until the mixture turns an orange-brown (about three days). Now dry and enjoy freebase mdpv.

DO NOT at any time TOUCH the oil. DANGEROUS.

P.S. Depending on the temperature, it can sometimes take 4 or even 5 days for the color transformation. Be patient.

Thanks for this, very interesting read man. I have a question.. Can the final drying process be carried out any quicker than 4-5 days in any way?

I'm debating getting some PV just to try this process. want to try the proper tan chased!

Thanks for this, very interesting read man. I have a question.. Can the final drying process be carried out any quicker than 4-5 days in any way?

I'm debating getting some PV just to try this process. want to try the proper tan chased!

i am not stuffmonger but will try to answer until he gets back.
this is exactly the reason stuffmonger has made this thread. Currently he has to spend a lot of time in order to produce the tan mdpv and is seeking help/ideas to speed things up. I believe the stage where the substances stay underwater and the pump is providing air can't be shortened since the bacterial, or whatever reaction is taking a long time.

I also want to try this method but hesitate since the end product will have to be tested by me and I've never had any tan before to know if my end product resembles it and can't risk 4 days with headache/no sleep/ paranoia if the transformation doesn't succeed.

The process is simple but a 100 things could go wrong, so personally I'll wait till stuffmonger or someone else automate things a little bit more. I'm sure it won't take long since a lot of people loved the tan.

Not that I've figured out. After about 24 hours the product has lost a bit of the mdpv qualities and picked up a bit of the whatever-the-hell-it-is, but it still has too much of the negative mdpv qualities (rough comedown, limited euphoria) for me to recommend. Three days is about perfect for most batches. Just watch the color change. As it continues to darken, take it out and dry it before it turns pure brown. Even at a pure brown it's not bad and a million times better than pv. If it gets a really dark chocolate brown it's not so good.

If you keep it dry after drying then it's stable for a very long time (at least six months).

If you want to simplify things, you can get a pretty good batch by not bothering to separate the oil and doing the following:

Dissolve the white pv in distilled water (about a cup per gram). A flask is good but if you don't have one then use a tall, clear glass. Add an amount of baking soda equivalent to three quarters of the amount of pv. Heat on the stove in a container inside a pot of water (I use a container inside a pot inside a pot but not really necessary). When it bubbles take it out. After the first bubbling you will see a light greenish-yellow oil on the surface. This means all is OK so far. Let the water in the pot on the stove cool for a moment. After a minute put your flask back in. When it bubbles again take it out. Continue this process until a globule of dark egg-yoke colored oil appears on the surface of the precipitate at the bottom, or is floating beneath the surface of the water. (This may take quite a while - be patient). Take the flask out, swirl the mixture for a minute (until the dark yellow globule is mixed in) and pour into a shallow, wide dish. Let cool. Place in front of a fan at it's highest setting and let evaporate. If the mixture does not darken slightly during evaporation, then the room temperature is too low. Move to a warmer spot or place in front of a space heater turned to its lowest setting (don't forget the fan - highest setting). After evaporation add another quarter cup of distilled water and swirl the dish gently. Keep the fan going at full blast the whole time. Continue this process until you get the color you're looking for. Let dry COMPLETELY. Scrape the residue on the dish with a razor blade into a fine powder. Enjoy.

This technique is not ideal but will give you an end product that's still awesome and has few pv effects. The dosage requirements will be higher than normal because you will have some baking soda and other odds and ends mixed in with the end product (none of it, apparently, harmful or unpleasant). Try 5mg at first, and if insufficient, bump a little more.

This is the quickest and least tedious technique for getting 90% of the Tan pv effects. trust me -- it's still way beyond anything you've imagined.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=8434172&postcount=23

Yeah, MDPPP has a different feel to it and that ain't what the tan stuff is. When I plugged that soln it wasn't noticably different from the best white batches I've encountered. I think the tan stuff got a reputation as that was the colour of the first lot widely available and people were blown away by it's potency. Once it became more commonplace (& white) people were much more familiar with it and as the adage goes 'familiarity breeds contempt' so the tan stuff became a mythical product (druggies are prone to waxing mythical about products - it goes with the territory!)

This plus alot of shit batches is apparently the explanation. The tan appears to have become just another drug rumor?

Last edited:
stuffmonger, have you tried filtering the whole batch after the oil appears through a coffee filter? Does the oil pass through?

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=8434172&postcount=23

This plus alot of shit batches is apparently the explanation. The tan appears to have become just another drug rumor?

While I have the greatest respect and admiration for fastandbulbous, who is undoubtedly very knowledgeable about biochemistry and who is both a scholar and a gentleman, I am afraid that as regards "tan MDPV" he is COMPLETELY WRONG. I don't know what kind of "tan MDPV" he might have had, perhaps some inferior batch or other. All I know is this: in about august of 2009, I can into possession of a fine, tan-coloured powder, which I was told was MDPV. Upon vapourising and inhaling a tiny amount of this powder from a glass meth pipe, I almost instantly experienced the most intense and wonderful euphoria I have ever felt! Along with this came other feelings that I understand are typical of dopamine enhancing drugs; eg confidence, motivation, excitement, and incredible hypersexuality. Bear in mind that for a year or so I was a daily smoker of high-quality crystal methamphetamine, and no high I had ever had from methamphetamine was even close to that which I got from "tan MDPV" (yes for real!). Furthermore, there was no noticeable nervousness, anxiety, increased heart rate or shortness of breath.

In september 2009 I moved to the far east, so I left my stash of tan MDPV behind for safe keeping. After a month or two, I obtained some MDPV direct from a chemical manufacturer. At first I was surprised that it was a different colour (white) than the MDPV that I had before, but the smell was very similar so I assumed that it was the same substance. However, upon vapourising it the effects were TOTALLY different! This "white MDPV" produced no euphoria, no feelings of confidence or motivation, and no hypersexuality. It did however produce nervousness, anxiety, shortness of breath and a pounding heart, effects which I understand are typical of an oversupply of adrenaline. In short then, tan MDPV is a great deal of fun, whereas white MDPV is of absolutely no entertainment value whatsoever!

Given that my experience of these two substances was only a few months apart, and how clearly I can remember (to this very day even, about 18 months later) the effects of the "tan MDPV", I am ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that their effects are very different, that "tan MDPV" is FAR SUPERIOR to white, and that it is NOT "just another drug rumor". So confident am I of this, I'd be willing to wager any sum of money (in a James Randi style challenge perhaps?) that the wonderful "tan MDPV" is not a myth! Hell, I even have still have some of it, unfortunately just not on the same continent as myself lol...

I know that fnb is talking about the very first batch of "tan" MDPV, the very colour implies impurity so a cleaned version of tan MDPV would be white...I have had the very original batch plus tan from the era you talk about and find there is no noticeable difference when compared to the better white stuff I have had. There can be excellent white and shitty tan, colour does not dictate quality. After the hype of the original tan (brought about by vastly inferior/possibly not even white MDPV batches after the initial tan one) "tan" was used as a selling point, why bother cleaning your product properly when it sells better dirty?

there has clearly been a very high quality tan batch and some inferior white PV but you can't judge tan and white as two absolute products as there has been hundreds (maybe less but yagetme) of batches of each of varying quality.

Last edited:
I know that fnb is talking about the very first batch of "tan" MDPV, the very colour implies impurity so a cleaned version of tan MDPV would be white...I have had the very original batch plus tan from the era you talk about and find there is no noticeable difference when compared to the better white stuff I have had. There can be excellent white and shitty tan, colour does not dictate quality. After the hype of the original tan (brought about by vastly inferior/possibly not even white MDPV batches after the initial tan one) "tan" was used as a selling point.

Well.... I buy the "white" from a variety of manufacturers, in reasonably large quantities, monthly, and it is indeed pure mdpv. I turn it daily into the Tan stuff. I have tried them both hundreds of times, sometimes only a day or two apart. They are not the same substance - not remotely. There is no question, no doubt, no possibility that they could be confused for the same drug. I've described the vast differences a number of times in this thread so I won't repeat them. But I can tell you absolutely, positively, that no-one could possibly take one and then take the other and claim they were related drugs. They are not. The 2006 Tan is exactly what you get when you follow the steps outlined throughout this thread. Someone attempted to freebase it, fucked it up, and ended up with something new. This is the truth of it.

But Christ -- just do it and see. There's more cheap white mdpv around than there is talcum powder. What have you got to lose?

While I have the greatest respect and admiration for fastandbulbous, who is undoubtedly very knowledgeable about biochemistry and who is both a scholar and a gentleman, I am afraid that as regards "tan MDPV" he is COMPLETELY WRONG. I don't know what kind of "tan MDPV" he might have had, perhaps some inferior batch or other. All I know is this: in about august of 2009, I can into possession of a fine, tan-coloured powder, which I was told was MDPV. Upon vapourising and inhaling a tiny amount of this powder from a glass meth pipe, I almost instantly experienced the most intense and wonderful euphoria I have ever felt! Along with this came other feelings that I understand are typical of dopamine enhancing drugs; eg confidence, motivation, excitement, and incredible hypersexuality. Bear in mind that for a year or so I was a daily smoker of high-quality crystal methamphetamine, and no high I had ever had from methamphetamine was even close to that which I got from "tan MDPV" (yes for real!). Furthermore, there was no noticeable nervousness, anxiety, increased heart rate or shortness of breath.

In september 2009 I moved to the far east, so I left my stash of tan MDPV behind for safe keeping. After a month or two, I obtained some MDPV direct from a chemical manufacturer. At first I was surprised that it was a different colour (white) than the MDPV that I had before, but the smell was very similar so I assumed that it was the same substance. However, upon vapourising it the effects were TOTALLY different! This "white MDPV" produced no euphoria, no feelings of confidence or motivation, and no hypersexuality. It did however produce nervousness, anxiety, shortness of breath and a pounding heart, effects which I understand are typical of an oversupply of adrenaline. In short then, tan MDPV is a great deal of fun, whereas white MDPV is of absolutely no entertainment value whatsoever!

Given that my experience of these two substances was only a few months apart, and how clearly I can remember (to this very day even, about 18 months later) the effects of the "tan MDPV", I am ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that their effects are very different, that "tan MDPV" is FAR SUPERIOR to white, and that it is NOT "just another drug rumor". So confident am I of this, I'd be willing to wager any sum of money (in a James Randi style challenge perhaps?) that the wonderful "tan MDPV" is not a myth! Hell, I even have still have some of it, unfortunately just not on the same continent as myself lol...

You are absolutely correct. I believe that the folks who took them both and didn't see a difference did not have the true Tan stuff. There may have been "colored" batches going around in 2006, much like today, where people try to market off the myth and color their pv with god knows what. I've purchased batches of alleged "tan" that were simply pure mdpv - no relationship whatsoever to the true "TAN" - merely colored tan with some inert substance.

But you, clearly, got the real thing, and you know, as I do, that it is something totally different.

the batch I had of tan looked the same texture as yours once left out for a little while.

The white did not degrade even out over extended periods of time.

There was noteable differences effects taste and smell of the product (although my batch of white smelt fucking sexy, not sure exactly what off but ooft)

F&B is the dude. I think he just wants to pretend it was a figment of his imagination as im sure ive seen comments of his about how much he missed it ;)

If anyone could get it I'd imagine F&B would be the one who could man.

If you read that comment when he plugged the original tan - which he still had, he said it was no better than the best white has had.

When I get hold of some proper PV from a trusted source I will try this with 250-500mg and compare it to the white :)

You are absolutely correct. I believe that the folks who took them both and didn't see a difference did not have the true Tan stuff. There may have been "colored" batches going around in 2006, much like today, where people try to market off the myth and color their pv with god knows what. I've purchased batches of alleged "tan" that were simply pure mdpv - no relationship whatsoever to the true "TAN" - merely colored tan with some inert substance.

But you, clearly, got the real thing, and you know, as I do, that it is something totally different.

And stuffmonger - I do not doubt you know your stuff when it comes to MDPV. However, understand the people you are talking about here definately do too, they aint no newbs. Evad tried the original tan stuff from 2 different sources, it was the same. And F&B definately had the real thing. The original batch of tan was all coming from one place when it first surfaced in 2006 as far as I know. That was before other labs copied it and then there would be differences.

And stuffmonger - I do not doubt you know your stuff when it comes to MDPV. However, understand the people you are talking about here definately do too, they aint no newbs. Evad tried the original tan stuff from 2 different sources, it was the same. And F&B definately had the real thing. The original batch of tan was all coming from one place when it first surfaced in 2006 as far as I know. That was before other labs copied it and then there would be differences.

Well.... I have no interest in arguing stuff. I just came in to pass information, for whatever it's worth, to whoever is interested. I've processed 23 kilos of this stuff in the past year or so, and bump it myself every day - in fair quantities - so if F&B and I differ on this, then we are merely talking about different substances, so there's no argument anyway.:)

No offense F&B if you are watching.