Hello and an MDPV Question

Just a quick one is freebase mdpv as addictive as crack?

According to an article which issued by Tokyo Health Centre it's 20 times potent than Cocaine in the property of DA/NE Reuptake inhibitor, so it may be far more addictive than Cocaine freebase, only hypothesis.

I have a lot of knowledge on how drugs and the human body interact, definately not enough to mess around with the chemicals, changing their nature like you're doing.

You're only kidding!? Or this comment is not for me? I cannot imagine why you read my posting with so insulting prejudice, no one who says such a thing.

how about heating the sodium bicarb in water to produce sodium carbonate (a stronger base) if one is needed.

Excellent idea. Is the sodium carbonate in solution? Will I need to centrifuge the suspension?

I have a lot of knowledge on how drugs and the human body interact, definately not enough to mess around with the chemicals, changing their nature like you're doing.

I agree with you, and I'm not recommending that others experiment with their own bodies as I have been doing. But it is ny body, and, well, you have to do something with your life. So ..... whether it was the right thing to do or jot, I can't say, but it's what I did. I'm just sharing the small amount of information that I have.

According to an article which issued by Tokyo Health Centre it's 20 times potent than Cocaine in the property of DA/NE Reuptake inhibitor, so it may be far more addictive than Cocaine freebase, only hypothesis.
well.. too much dopamine is under the suspicioun of causing shizoprenia psychosis... this sound like an awful come down. =D

Excellent idea. Is the sodium carbonate in solution? Will I need to centrifuge the suspension?

No need to centrifuge but sodium bicarbonate has lower solubility than that of sodium carbonate so need to dissolve much amount of sodium bicarbonate, not adequate to saturated solution.

stuffmonger -
What amounts of MDPV would your recommend using in a batch?
Also when your suggested method is followed, in what range would you estimate your yields?

keep up the discussion, your pioneering the way down a sacred & holy path :D:D

Theoretically, the mass based MDPV-HCl 1.13 is equivalent to MDPV 1.00, so suppose that the "MDPV" you have is HCl salt and 95% purity, you will gain 840 mg of MDPV freebase from 1 gramme, and ratio between the amount actually you gained and 840 mg shows the yield. Decomposition, lake of organic layer, low pH of aqueous layer are main to cause lower yield.

^He did say at best a 50% yeild.

Damn! :p Looks like I wont be attempting this experiment any time soon then.

Theoretically, the mass based MDPV-HCl 1.13 is equivalent to MDPV 1.00, so suppose that the "MDPV" you have is HCl salt and 95% purity, you will gain 840 mg of MDPV freebase from 1 gramme, and ratio between the amount actually you gained and 840 mg shows the yield. Decomposition, lake of organic layer, low pH of aqueous layer are main to cause lower yield.

Thank you, valuable information.

And this is the same thing which I wrote another thread, according to an article here logP of MDPV is -0.07, it means that when dissolve MDPV freebase in the solvent composed from organic / aqueous layer, only 46.5 % exists in organic layer and the rest is in aqueous layer. And this is theoretically not influenced from pH aqueous layer when it is adequately basic, so you have to do extracting step at least three times, or prepare much more amount of organic layer than that of aqueous layer, not to waste it.

stuffmonger -
What amounts of MDPV would your recommend using in a batch?
Also when your suggested method is followed, in what range would you estimate your yields?

keep up the discussion, your pioneering the way down a sacred & holy path :D:D

The amount doesn't matter, really. Depends on how much of your stash you want to risk in the process. The important thing is to use lots of water. For each gram of mdpv I use 300 ml of water. You can put as much bicarb in as you want as well, assuming your going to turn the goo back into its salt using Acetic acid. If you leave it in the transformed freebase form, then use 750 mg of soda for each gram of mdpv. You'll end up snorting some residual from the soda, and losing a bit of the product, but the only real impact is a slightly increased burn in the nose and a slightly increased dosage (but 3mg is STILL SUFFICIENT). You'll also have some small mdpv-like effects from the small amount of un-transformed mdpv. Regrettable, but life isn't perfect. I'm happy to lose some mdpv to get the end result.

Thanks for the comment.

Has anyone tried this yet? There have to be a few tan mdpv devotees here who loved it enough to be willing to risk this:)

Wow, this is an excellent thread, thanks very much stuffmonger! I too am a huge fan of the "tan MDPV", in fact I'd go so far as to call it my favourite drug ever. I don't even like uppers much (I'm more of a pot head), but I got a much stronger and more euphoric high off tan MDPV than I ever did off crystal meth, for example. Other pot head friends I introduced to it agreed. As for the white MDPV though, I agree - it's worthless for any recreational purpose, all it does it make me feel anxious and short of breath. Not worth bothering with at all.

Anyway, as it happens I have 20g's or so of shitty white MDPV that I acquired whilst trying to get more of the wonderful tan stuff, so I think I'll give this a go. To my mind, there's nothing to lose as the white MDPV is worthless to me, and I'd otherwise just flush it.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about chemistry, but one thing did occur to me reading about the process described above - is it possible that the colour change from white to increasingly darker shades of brown is caused not by some bacterial action, but by the freebase MDPV oxidizing (essentially "rusting")? This would explain the need for water (acting as an electrolyte) and air for the reaction to occur. Once again, I really know nothing about chemistry so I'm probably off track here, but I'd really like to hear any feedback on this conjecture, especially from someone with knowledge of chemistry (Yeppuni, you still around?) .

Also, if this is indeed the case, how would we correctly describe this form of MDPV (eg to an industrial chemist)? I understand that the useless white MDPV is "MDPV HCl", so what would this "oxidised freebase (if that is in fact what it is) tan MDPV" correctly be described as?

Wow, this is an excellent thread, thanks very much stuffmonger! I too am a huge fan of the "tan MDPV", in fact I'd go so far as to call it my favourite drug ever. I don't even like uppers much (I'm more of a pot head), but I got a much stronger and more euphoric high off tan MDPV than I ever did off crystal meth, for example. Other pot head friends I introduced to it agreed. As for the white MDPV though, I agree - it's worthless for any recreational purpose, all it does it make me feel anxious and short of breath. Not worth bothering with at all.

Wonderful to meet a like mind about this stuff. The euphoria of the tan stuff is indescribable - better than any drug I've ever had. And the hypersexuality is out of this world - way beyond anything else that chemistry has yet given us. And the white mdpv is truly shit. There is nothing to recommend it in my book. Yet the white can be turned into the most sublime stuff on the planet.

Anyway, as it happens I have 20g's or so of shitty white MDPV that I acquired whilst trying to get more of the wonderful tan stuff, so I think I'll give this a go. To my mind, there's nothing to lose as the white MDPV is worthless to me, and I'd otherwise just flush it.

Again - wonderful. Start with a quarter gram. Make sure you can get at least the oil produced. If your first try with the quarter gram doesn't produce oil, then message me. I can help. The temperature is the tricky part, and I've done all my testing at sea level. If you have any altitude, the reduction in the boiling point of water will probably affect the process a little. I've given it substantial thought and even if we have to do it together on the phone or something we can work it out.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about chemistry, but one thing did occur to me reading about the process described above - is it possible that the colour change from white to increasingly darker shades of brown is caused not by some bacterial action, but by the freebase MDPV oxidizing (essentially "rusting")? This would explain the need for water (acting as an electrolyte) and air for the reaction to occur. Once again, I really know nothing about chemistry so I'm probably off track here, but I'd really like to hear any feedback on this conjecture, especially from someone with knowledge of chemistry (Yeppuni, you still around?) .

Entirely possible. I only came up with the bacteria idea because I could not duplicate the results in a Clean Room. I'm not a chemist either, in fact, I know next to nothing about chemistry. I learned what I needed from necessity and the Internet. The necessity was brought on by my refusal to allow the tan to disappear from the world. That would have been a tragedy of enormous proportions.

Also, if this is indeed the case, how would we correctly describe this form of MDPV (eg to an industrial chemist)? I understand that the useless white MDPV is "MDPV HCl", so what would this "oxidised freebase (if that is in fact what it is) tan MDPV" correctly be described as?

Speaking frankly now ----- this end product - the "tan mdpv" is obviously NOT mdpv - in any form whatsoever. There are virtually no characteristics in common -- the length of the "trip" is twice as long with the tan, the euphoria has no comparison with the white. The comedown from the white is legendary for its horror - the tan has no perceivable comedown effects - even from massively high doses. Impossible to sleep for days after a large dose of the white - you sleep like a baby as soon as the euphoria wears off with the tan. The hypersexuality also cannot possibly be compared -- they are distinctly two different chemicals as far apart as LSD and Heroin.

I believe what happens is that mdpv decays into some totally different structure that acts radically different in the brain. How it decays is anyone's guess, but I suspect a carbon atom or two are lost in some part of this process. If you look at the structure, there is an odd carbon chain hanging off the side that certainly looks vulnerable to cleavage.

Last edited:

Anyone who cannot answer correctly unless he/she analysed all of the substances that in here, including "tan MDPV", "MDPV-HCl", and "MDPV freebase". However, only in my opinion, without adequate evidences though, these are supposed below;
a) Any substances sold as "MDPV" in the market, exclude "tan MDPV", might be MDPV-HCl salt, due to instability of the freebase.
b) "tan MDPV" might be in fact impure MDPV freebase, for example, being poured ammonium hydroxide to MDPV-HCl salt and without extraction but only dehydrated. Being made by this process, the compound contains MDPV freebase, and its decompositions, Ammonium chloride and/or other residual ingredients.
c) Both MDPV freebase and MDPV-HCl are white in solid, whereas former is yellow in liquid and latter is not be in liquid due to decompose point is lower than melting point.
d) Decomposition mechanism of MDPV is not fully discovered for me, however, from the structure it might not be oxidised. It's probably supposed that the decompose position of this might be methylenedioxy ring to methoxy and methyl group, and beta-keto group to -OH in reduction. This hypothesis is supported by the pharmacodynamics activity of decomposed residue, it's like more (nor)adrenargic than dopaminergic, like PMA to MDMA, in the dangerous point of them.
e) in the pharmacological property, MDPV-HCl and MDPV freebase are far less close to anything other than MDPV in this type SAR, due to nature of MDPV that to be decomposed easily, and those who thought as the effects that of MDPV-HCl might be not real effects of MDPV but it's that of decomposed MDPV. The effect of MDPV is only accurately known in the freebased type, without decomposition.

P.S: English is one of the most extensively different at all from my mother tongue, which is one from Chinese, Korean, Japanese or Arabic, so please excuse some mistakes in my contexts.

Last edited:
With this stuff sounding so good I'm surprised it's not floating around the black market in greater quantities.

I've heard from a few people now the tan wasn't that much better than the white, just slightly more potent.

I've been lurking for a long time now. But this thread has made me make my first post.
I've been following stuffmonger from the beginning of the thread. I always wanted to try the tan-mdpv so thank you for finding a way to access it stuffmonger!

I have no chemist knowledge but wanted to contribute an idea if possible.

stuffmonger said:
My question is this: How can I more easilly separate the oil from the precipitate using some mechanical means? I don't want to use a reagent because I don't want to risk destroying the already unstable precipitate.

I don't understand 100% what you are doing there but as for mechanical means to aid the seperation of the oil, I'd like to suggest you try a Centrifuge. What do you guys think? Wouldn't it work and speed things up ??

I found a few used "cheap" Centrifuge devices online.
EDIT: hand centrifuge devices are even cheaper and probably can be modified for the needs of this application.

p.s: english is not my native language so please excuse my use of simple words and/or mistakes.

Last edited: