Hello and an MDPV Question

Codders: My samples of tan always dissolved with a lil heat cos I used to IV it all the time. Have a feeling I may have had to add a smidge of citric acid though, come to think of it. 5mg chased was plenty for most folks. 20mg would be almost terrifyingly strong. Best. Drug. Ever. Will hopefully get to sample a sample soon via a friend more chemically minded than I who is also interested in the possibility. I would quite possibly lop off a ball to know how to make proper tan peevee.

Won't do it without the citric acid, or without lots of heat. I suspect you added the citric.

Won't do it without the citric acid, or without lots of heat. I suspect you added the citric.

With a lil further poking, my memory tends to agree with the citric thang. White peev, however, dissolves very easily in water with no need to add anything. My lack of chemistry knowledge is shameful but would this suggest that the tan is some form of freebase? It definitely isn't white peevee freebased cos that's shite but my dim "knowledge" of chemistry is telling me that whatever compound the tan is it must be some form of freebase due to the need for an acid to break down, no?

With a lil further poking, my memory tends to agree with the citric thang. White peev, however, dissolves very easily in water with no need to add anything. My lack of chemistry knowledge is shameful but would this suggest that the tan is some form of freebase? It definitely isn't white peevee freebased cos that's shite but my dim "knowledge" of chemistry is telling me that whatever compound the tan is it must be some form of freebase due to the need for an acid to break down, no?

Not that simple, unfortunately. There are tons of salts that are absolutely insoluble in nearly anything, at any temperature. Cortisone hydrochloride is one example. It won't even dissolve in boiling water, no matter how long it sits there.

But yes, in the case of the tan, we are dealing with the freebase chemical, to the best of my knowledge.

I'd like to suggest that this process has (either accidentally, or more impressively, by design) created a very nice cathinone analogue. Depending on where you are located, this drug is most likely legal. The process itself has frightening potential for the RC scene, and indeed, I can see some very interesting chemicals being produced by this form of organic chemistry, which will likely generate a new wave of powerful drugs onto the legal scene.

People interested in the chemistry should consider what reaction is actually happening with the green/yellow oils, with reference to the chemical structure of MDPV (Methylenedioxypyrovalerone). Also question whether the initial product of the synthesis is a base or a salt, and then ask the same question after the 'decomposition' phase. (hint: acetic acid)

It's difficult to believe that a small selection of experienced moderators/contributors cannot see what's going on here, and I do hope their silence/mis-direction is driven by a desire to keep their beloved MDPV as under the radar as possible, rather than to hide what is quite possibly the basis for the next generation of high-quality legal highs. If the latter is assumed, surely the only motive can be commercial...

EDIT: Interestingly, the chemical I believe is being produced here is starting to show up on RC trading sites, and on a very few vendor websites, showing as 'coming soon'. My advice would be to save yourself the trouble of this synthesis, and the really quite dangerous solvent produced and exposed by the quicker synthesis methods; and just buy the drug itself. Frightens me to think how many people are now trying to cook this up at home in their kitchen with ad hoc domestic equipment.

Seriously? This is so misguided and confused it had me laughing out loud....

Cheers<3

Hmmm, could it be as simple as freebase mdpv oil + acetic acid = tan ???

Any chemists out there care to comment on why my random speculation here is unlikely to be correct?

One thing that has been concerning me though; yepuni, who seems like a chemicaly knowledgeable poster, is emphatic that his method of producing straight freebase mdpv results in a product that is hugely euphoric and not edgy when smoked. Yet everyone else is of the opinion that freebase mdpv is, if anything, worse than mdpv hcl. How come?

I posted an earlier picture of mdpv acetate, and directions for how to make it. No, it's definitely not Tan.

The reason that mdpv freebase does, in some circumstances when smoked, produce euphoria is that the freebase is unstable at high temperatures and breaks down into something else. You can verify this by placing the greenish freebase oil in a spoon and applying heat. When it bubbles stop. There will be a brown goo left. Ingesting this goo will produce a very large euphoria. You will have lost about 90% of your product by the way through vaporization. Ingesting the freebase mdpv oil produces no euphoria but massive paranoia and all the other nasty pv effects. This is extremely DANGEROUS, however, because you cannot measure a safe dose of the goo (or the oil for that matter). It sticks to things, runs, gets on whatever it touches. In an effort to ingest it, you run a grave risk of overdose. 3mg of oil is impossible to measure out and take.

There is limited libido enhancement with whatever this goo is so it does not interest me.

Hmmm, could it be as simple as freebase mdpv oil + acetic acid = tan ???

Any chemists out there care to comment on why my random speculation here is unlikely to be correct?

One thing that has been concerning me though; yepuni, who seems like a chemicaly knowledgeable poster, is emphatic that his method of producing straight freebase mdpv results in a product that is hugely euphoric and not edgy when smoked. Yet everyone else is of the opinion that freebase mdpv is, if anything, worse than mdpv hcl. How come?

I'm thinking about trying this crack style with a spoon and a lighter. Is there any reason I wouldn't still get the yellow oil eventually and be able to evap it? Any concerns/comments would be helpful. I would think it could be a nice quick way to make a small dose of tan from the salt. I have a half gram to work with so we'll see what happens. :)

I'm thinking about trying this crack style with a spoon and a lighter. Is there any reason I wouldn't still get the yellow oil eventually and be able to evap it? Any concerns/comments would be helpful. I would think it could be a nice quick way to make a small dose of tan from the salt. I have a half gram to work with so we'll see what happens. :)

Smoking the salt is just a pv rush - not pleasant for most. The higher temperature required for vaporization of the salt bypasses the intermediate goo, whatever it is, that happens when you smoke the freebase and which causes the euphoria (much lower temperatures required to smoke the freebase). You don't get any of the Tan components. If you want euphoria, freebase it first. But, really, if you're going to all the trouble to freebase and separate the oil, then just make the Tan. A much better drug.

Sex on MDPV is stupid, and not romantic at all. Pointless imo. MDMA sex, on the other hand is AMAZING. You get a much better connection, and you feel more in love, unlike MDPV which just makes you want to impregnate every woman you see. It feels "empty" for me, i could easily see it turning some slightly unsavory characters into rapist type crazies.

You guys are mad smoking all that freebase too - you know that the thermal decomp. of MDPV can yeild some *really* nasty corrosives, thats what gives you the horrible sore throat, and im sure is increadibly detremental to your lungs. Have any of you thought about using a volcano (aka weed vap.) to control the temperature. You could actually do some sort of comparison between different sources if you could measure the vaporisation temperature. I suppose this could lead to some sort of purity measurement, but thats a bit beyond my scope of knowledge ;)

anyway, have fun guys and be careful!

Lol who says sex has to be "romantic" to be good?

You guys are obviously unlucky in that you haven't found the "one" yet. :p

I get where you guys are coming from, but you may not feel the same way once you've got yourself a soulmate :p I'm a blubbering romantic - read: "a pussy" anyway, i make love to my fiancee, i dont often slam her like a bit of meat, and if i do, its nothing compaired to "proper" lovey dovey sex :p

In my experience nothing can compair to being properly in love and having romantic, intimate, soft, caring etc etc sex with the person you love and would do anything for. Sorry guys, its just not in the same class at all!!!

I get where you guys are coming from, but you may not feel the same way once you've got yourself a soulmate :p I'm a blubbering romantic - read: "a pussy" anyway, i make love to my fiancee, i dont often slam her like a bit of meat, and if i do, its nothing compaired to "proper" lovey dovey sex :p

In my experience nothing can compair to being properly in love and having romantic, intimate, soft, caring etc etc sex with the person you love and would do anything for. Sorry guys, its just not in the same class at all!!!

Hmm.. To each his own, but I had 'one' with whom we both were mutually infatuated to the point of blubbering on about being soulmates, yadda yadda. Then things went to shit and we parted.

But thats besides the point. I always enjoyed slamming my 'soulmate' like a piece of meat, and she certainly didn't mind. ;)

[Edit] Sorry, didn't mean to take the conversation away from MDPV there.

Last edited:

There's absolutely no reason that two people devoted to each other can't enjoy both, and I don't really think you can say that sex with tan PV is not romantic or loving.

Edit: stummonger seems to have summarised this better!

Last edited:
I'm a blubbering romantic - read: "a pussy" anyway, i make love to my fiancee, i dont often slam her like a bit of meat, and if i do, its nothing compaired to "proper" lovey dovey sex :p

Certainly there's no way to compare romantic, intimate, soft, caring sex to "Sex on Tan". And, certainly, sex on pv sucks, so I agree with that.

But a state of mind where sexuality loses all boundaries and taboos of every kind are shattered, and explorations that would be inconceivable in a normal "romantic" state of mind are taken up with gusto, cannot possibly be described as "it sucks". It is absolutely the reverse. And there's nothing that says that romance and absolute sexual freedom are incompatible. It is entirely possible, I believe, to break every known sexual taboo and indulge in activities that many would describe as "monstrously depraved" with the one that you love and have both partners feel elevated by the experience.

Do not knock something until you have tried it. When sexual energy is given free reign and all constraints are removed, it transforms into something very strange and mysterious, and wonderful.

P.S. I have found many of "The One" in my past relationships - where nothing else exists except the object of my heart's desire, and it was certainly awesome each time, and I'm sure many of the other contributors to this forum have also found "The One". It would be odd to be an adult and not to have done so. So don't assume that we all just "haven't found the One yet". It's just that history, and observation of daily life, predicts that "The One" burns out just as rapidly as all of the "not the ones", if not more rapidly. "A light twice as bright burns half as long" after all.

Last edited:
Well chaps, each to his own. :)

Sorry for derailing the thread!

Perhaps you could send a small sample of this "tan" stuff to the netherlands for analysis. I know they do pill testing, perhaps they could help you to identify whats in this "tan" stuff.

[also, just to clarify, i was talking about sex on mdpv.hcl, not this "tan" colour powder, i'v never tried the tan and probably never will, i wouldn't even know where to obtain a reliable source of mdpv.hcl nowadays]

As stuffmonger has already mentioned, tan screens as MDPV, so would need a much more detailed (expensive) analysis.

As stuffmonger has already mentioned, tan screens as MDPV, so would need a much more detailed (expensive) analysis.

the dea labs (see dea microgram) use nmr but i suspect sending them a sample wouldn't be particularly clever... he needs to befriend a proper organic chemist :)