• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax and Clonidine?

Herbal~Jah

Ex-Bluelighter
Is it safe to take clonidine and xanax together? I couldn't find much info on the internet if there is any interaction between the 2 drugs...

Thanks,
JaH

why do you want to take them together? If its to mitigate opioid withdrawals, as long as you manage your doses its alright.

If its to get high, clonidine isn't recereational; its an antihypertensive.

Combination questions belong in BDD.

---->BDD

Edit:

Stop your bumping your own thread.
1.) it won't magically make more people around to respond
2.) it will irritate people so LESS people will respond
3.) its against the guidelines

i take clonidine and klonpin together( not to mention a bunch other meds :\ ) and it's safe..

combo Q's usually go in BDD just for future reference.

EDIT: damn it Cane.. you beat me to it. lol.

You will be fine.

If you are detoxing, check your blood pressure every morning, and stop the clonidine for a day if it gets too low...

i actually took xanax and clonidine together once, relatively low doses of each.. i totally blacked out for several hours and dont remember a thing lol. be prepared to be zombified, if not totally unconscious.

Yes you will be fine. If your looking to get a buzz on than just take the Xanax and save the Clonidine for when you plan on shooting dope, popping pills and then start going through withdrawals.

Long ago once I was prescribed Clonidine for my bipolar. My doctor was experimenting all type of pills on me. Didn't stay on one for a couple months.

No I am not looking for a "buzz" I was strictly asking if it was safe to take the two drugs together..... btw I am using it for insomnia, not to get "high".... and sense both can be used as sleep aids I thought maybe it would work to help me get to sleep... And I would only be taking like 2mgs Alprazolam and 0.1-0.2 mgs of Clonindine.

Basically is it safe to take the 2 together? ( I don't use these two drugs everyday, this is just for a one 4 to 5 day period).. So is about 2mgs xanax + 0.2 Clonidine (max) a safe and reasonabe dose?...I am assuming so...but I did read about hypotension (low blood pressure) but isnt 0.2 mg clonidine a pretty small dose considering some people take up to like 1.4mg a day...(thats what i read at least.)

Last edited:
Yes, it is safe. The Clonidine may knock you out though if you aren't tolerant to the effects.

Take less of each than you are used to if you are going to take them at once. i know this from experience as i have taken both together before and stood up too fast and fell over lol. It felt like all the blood rushed out of my head and everything got really fuzzy and the next thing i know i am on the floor. So be careful with the combo. it does help with WD's tho....if you want to get knocked out during WD that will do it.

So the taking clonidine and xanax won't potent the high feeling?

That would be my impression. It would appear that it will just knock you out, and online research I just did on a legitimate pharmaceutical drug research site indicates that the potential for danger in this combination is moderate - so just don't use large doses of either.

Sorry for the bump - but I just took 2x 0.1mg Clonidine, and I intend to add 0.5mg Xanax. Euphoria would be a nice bonus, but my goal is to knock myself unconscious for 4-6 hours [the more, the merrier, and I am just now coming off a 2mg per day Methadone habit, and I feel that I am literally days until this is all over].

Sorry for the bump. Is it against forum rules to bump threads of a particular age? I am familiar with two other message boards [completely unrelated topics], one of which basically lives and thrives off bumping threads, some going back 20 years! Another doesn't follow such a model, but relevant older bumps are acceptable.

I only chose to bump this thread because threads on Clonidine and Xanax in combination seem relatively rare, both on this website, and elsewhere only.

Please accept my apology and allow me to make up for bumping this thread if I did violate any rules egregiously.

That would be my impression. It would appear that it will just knock you out, and online research I just did on a legitimate pharmaceutical drug research site indicates that the potential for danger in this combination is moderate - so just don't use large doses of either.

Sorry for the bump - but I just took 2x 0.1mg Clonidine, and I intend to add 0.5mg Xanax. Euphoria would be a nice bonus, but my goal is to knock myself unconscious for 4-6 hours [the more, the merrier, and I am just now coming off a 2mg per day Methadone habit, and I feel that I am literally days until this is all over].

Sorry for the bump. Is it against forum rules to bump threads of a particular age? I am familiar with two other message boards [completely unrelated topics], one of which basically lives and thrives off bumping threads, some going back 20 years! Another doesn't follow such a model, but relevant older bumps are acceptable.

I only chose to bump this thread because threads on Clonidine and Xanax in combination seem relatively rare, both on this website, and elsewhere only.

Please accept my apology and allow me to make up for bumping this thread if I did violate any rules egregiously.

Resurrection of old threads is fine mate; glad you found something useful here. FWIW I frequently combine low doses of xanax/benzos and low doses of clonidine (plus several other anti-adrenergics) without problems when trying to reduce sleep latency/improve sleep quality, especially after stimulant use.

Welcome to Bluelight :)