• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Strange Feeling In Head And Depression..?

Ditto to ^

I've had sinus issues and they can cause intense pressure in your head.
Had depression on and off for over a decade and never felt brain pressure EXCEPT when going against doctors advice and stopping my AD's too quickly (I got the shocks in my brain described above).

I'd not recommend the high supplement intake of the OP either, especially St John's Wort which shouldn't be taken with prescription AD's or the contraceptive pill. And AD's cant be taken with some cold and flu meds which you may seek for sinus issues.

Only a pharmacist or GP can educate to diagnose your problem and/or educate you sufficiently about your pharmaceutical combinations.

If you want to talk about depression in general, as someone who has battled it for years but is "in remission" at the moment, just PM me and I'm happy to chat

All the best

Attempt4, sometimes the meds you're on are the thing causing the "fog". Which is why I avoid them at all costs now. Therapy teaches you to own your anxiety and depression and feel it without fear or blame. It completely sucks, but for me it was better long term than the haze of unemotional zombie-ness I often got being medicated. Exercise and a healthy diet and unmatched when it comes to conquering depression.
That said, everyone is different and only you know what's right for your body - no one else can make that call.

Yeah I was recently offered a benzo script, which I thought was insane to give to a 21 year old - a government-sanctioned addiction to benzo's is not the smartest move for me at what is essentially the beginning of my life. I have never relied on meds for anxiety, though I do use Kratom.

Weightlifting and eating healthily are the two saviours in my life, and my anxiety these days isn't half as bad as what it once was, thanks to those two things, cold showering, meditation and sleeping better. However, I do have times of uncontrollable 'burning' anxiety. Do you know what I mean by 'burning'? It's like literally a burning feeling in the pit of my stomach and my spine, feels really destructive to my very being every time I feel it. I had it earlier tonight for no real reason, but I am slowly but surely coming to deal with it.

I actually took CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) instead of the meds and am currently on a waiting list. Is that the therapy you had? Is it really any good?

I agree with what some have said... that supplements are sometimes the problem. I too try to minimize relative to before. I might also suggest an allergy to a food might be the cause. I suffered from ear and sinus problems until I cut milk out of my diet.

Maybe try fasting from everything but water for at least a day. Some things might take time to leave your system than that, though. See if anything improves. Go from there.

I'm about to do it again, because I haven't been feeling too hot either. Thinking it might be something I'm ingesting. It might have been luck but when I did it I felt awesome. That was just one day.

Last edited:
Attempt4 I did CBT
I now have a nice little tool kit of stuff to do when I get anxious or sad
Its quality is dependent on you trusting and having a bond with the therapist, but its good for challenging your behaviours.
I think med's have their place, but I think theyre there to reduce symptoms while you learn through any behavioural therapy like CBT how to challenge those behaviours. Then as you come off meds its easier to cope with you as you truy are

Minxxxy

I don't know if this will help at all but I have had this feeling for many months and it did go away for a a period of time. It has recently (the last few days) come back. I have been to a doctor, with symptoms such as brain fog, pressure in my brain, feeling of being dizzy...but not to the extent that I am actually dizzy, its a very strange and unnerving feeling. My doctor suggesting having ears syringed (basically he picked up on my explanation of dizziness and immediately decided it was a balance problem), this obviously didn't help.

I don'n know if you have had similar experiences but i have seen several doctors and they all seem frustrated that they have to deal with a person with 'undiagnosable symptoms'. What I can say is that, although a constant feeling, it does go away for very brief periods when I am not concentrating on it. I believe it to be anxiety related, as I am having money troubles recently and it has come back with full force!