Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Kratom (10g) + Mushrooms (3g) - Semi-experienced - Going Green

Tapion

Greenlighter
This is a first trip report, so bear with my lack of narrative writing experience. The combination of kratom and mushrooms seems a path seldom explored, so I thought I'd add to the body of knowledge here on BL. This experience was shared by three people (1 male I shall call M and 1 female I'll refer to as F ;)). All have tried each substance individually. Onto the report:

t=0h: 3 grams of Psilocybe Cubensis is consumed each on empty stomachs. In my experience 3 grams of mushrooms has me peaking for about 4 hours with a roughly 1.5 hour onset. Kratom's peak is roughly 2.5-3 hours with a faster onset and a pleasant relaxation for a few hours after the peak. So we decide to wait until t=1h to take the kratom. For the next hour we waste time in anticipation.

t=0h: Approximately 10 grams of kratom (Premium Bali strain) measured on scale is mixed into plain water and consumed as quickly as possible. The taste is so horrid that for a lesser being the trip would have been over before it began. M gags and spits the kratom/water solution all over my floor.

t=1.5h: The onset of the mushrooms is felt. The body load is slighlty unpleasant as one might expect.

t=2h: The body load from the kratom is apparent, and growing in intensity. I feel extreme discomfort at this point to the point where I get quite anxious, as do my F and M. The walls begin to morph and bleed spectral auras. I think to myself "I'm not ready for this shit right now". I run to the toilet due to the nausea but I somehow can't vomit. I brace myself for the unknown.

t=2h30m: The discomfort has died down to near nothing as the analgesic effects of the kratom are taking effect. We are tripping hard but comfortably at this point, lost in the spirit of the nothingness and everythingness, out of touch with reality yet grounded due to the sense of unity and completeness I feel with every trip. I remind M that he owes me an extra two dollars for the kratom he wasted and we descend into fits of stupid giggles.

t=3h: My body is comatose. My thoughts are in a nimbus, yet my greater whole feels incredible, quite euphoric. My sense of self is dissected as mushrooms tend to do, but with none of the unpleasantness that can accompany this process. I remind myself that this indescribable feeling is why I embarked on this trip to begin with. The waves of euphoria are amazing, and the uniqueness of the experience comes from the manner in which my mind interacts with this euphoria. With kratom alone I feel quite euphoric, but uncaring about why, unreflective. It becomes satisfying to feel good and not divert any attention to it in any way. The mind expansion of mushrooms "solves" this problem; I much prefer this psychedelic edge kratom alone lacks. I am lost in trying to make sense of this euphoria, and in a very enjoyable manner. The feelings defy bodily or mental experience. F and M and I share our sentiments and musings on the experience as best we can, and we find that we understand each other perfectly.

t=5h45m: The effects begin to die down by this point to a very pleasant state of relaxation. I do not feel the confusion and mindfucked thought patterns I sometimes feel with with mushrooms alone, but just lie there in pleasant stupor.

t=7h: We are 90% baseline at this point. We smoke some cannabis and call it a night.

Conclusion: A fantastic experience. This is up there with the classic combinations such as candyflipping. The mind expansive properties of mushrooms combined with the dreamlike, euphoric state of kratom in the best of ways. If one can overcome the *very* uncomfortable bodyload and nausea for about twenty minutes in the onset, the rewards will be great. The combination is all natural, very, very likely non-neurotoxic and complementary in the extreme. My highest recommendation.

Last edited:
Good stuff! I've been wanting to do this for a while for the exact reason you stated. I know that "please kill me" nauseous feeling kratom can give, on top of the mushroom anxiety I can see that sucking a lot!! However, I find kratom works best for anxiety relief, better than any benzo I've ever had, so once it starts doing it's job, i can see things shaping up nicely.

It's a bumpy road with a lovely reward at the end. :)

A little too subjective for my taste...
just-the-facts-ma'am.jpg

BUT, I appreciate the effort. So, thanks!

Too subjective? What do you mean? Do you prefer reports that focus more on the facts? I always prefer reports that delve into the personal experience, ie, the subjective experience. :)

Not trying to poo on anyone's TR.
I guess reading so many ncbi studies has ...I dunno...done something to my expectations?
That sounds snooty, doesn't it? Sorry. Just that I've read lots of TRs over the years & they do tend to overlap.
Right? Especially the subjective parts. There's even a good book called, 'Tripping' that collects a few dozen...

Anyways...

I'm more interested in new information I can put to use. Too little comparison between isolated dosing and combo.
Reports of multiple people (who can feed off each other's anxiety or nauseous feelings) which can maybe
contaminate the effects of the combo. Or, at a party or club, just don't give me much useful info.
Possibly, because I'm old and wretched and never leave my house or talk to others, lol!

P.S. Man, I sound like a condescending shit here, huh?
That's really not the way I feel. I guess I'm just saying
I wish more studies were done on these substances.

Studies like those mentioned in here, but with different drugs.
So, OP, thanks for the TR. I like the conclusion.
And, it sounds like everything worked out, so...

<3

Last edited:
No worries, I get what you're saying. :)

One thing I like about kratom is that unlike other opiates it can combine with psychedelics without diminishing the psychedelic effects. I used to take kratom on nearly every trip, but I was also addicted to it for 7 years.

One thing I like about kratom is that unlike other opiates it can combine with psychedelics without diminishing the psychedelic effects. I used to take kratom on nearly every trip, but I was also addicted to it for 7 years.
Kratom is addictive? I was contemplating trying the combo of kratom and mush until I read your post.
_magic-mushrooms-1.jpg

^ Of course it is, it is a mu agonist like any other opiate/opioid. How addictive is it? That.is highly dependant on the individual. My GF and a bunch of my friends have been using kratom sparingly for years with no addiction. Me on the other hand, I have been physically dependant for 4 years. How severe is the withdrawal? Again, highly dependant on the individual. Some people find the withdrawal really bad, some find it very mild. Xorkoth has had what sounds like some very unpleasantly severe withdrawals...

I personally don't find it bad at all and can be made super easy with the help of other drugs. I'm in the process of taking a break from kratom and have been without kratom for two days and with the help of baclofen and gabapentin I litterally feel like I'm only 5% in withdrawal (I should mention days 2 and 3 are the peak of withdrawal for me), I'm even at work functioning fine. Even with no drugs the withdrawals fucking suck but I just man up and keep myself buisy and the withdrawals become very manageable. In the end though if you have an addictive personality or can't handle using opiates sparingly it would probably be best to avoid kratom

^ Wow. So developing an addiction is more probable if the user's personality is permitting. Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna give it a shot.

^ Wow. So developing an addiction is more probable if the user's personality is permitting. Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna give it a shot.
Just to clarify, anybody will get addicted if they use everyday. What I mean is some people are just not attracted to using the drug everyday.. for example there are alcoholics who use every day and there are people who use alcohol on occasion. I'd say opiates are just about as mentally addicting as kratom if you have no tolerance so if you find that your able to use opiates occasionally you should be good with kratom, just don't order huge amounts and avoid extracts.

powdered leaf, as of lately I've been enjoying white vein borneo though I used to be a bali fanatic until it started making me too sedated.

Wow, that's awesome. I'm unsure of which to try now as both sound amazing. I would like to smoke it, but have read that oral ingestion is the most effective administration. What do you prefer and would you recommend toking?

DON'T smoke kratom, kratom is not to be smoked...it won't work and I would imagine it is a lung irritant. Even if it is active via smoking the amount of plain leaf you would have to smoke would just be rediculous. Just eat it or make a tea, you can find tea instructions with google. Go with bali as your first strain, it's the strain of choice by many and usually the most euphoric.

I don’t mean to bump an old thread, but I’ve been seeing a lot of mixed reports about kratom and psilocybin. I find that the people that took the kratom and psilocybin together or took the kratom 30 min prior to dosing report a synergistic effect but that if taken during the peak that it tends to reduce the trip significantly or cause significant discomfort as supposedly they work opposite of each other. I don’t have a thorough understanding of kratom effect on serotonin though I believe I read kratom is 5ht2a antagonist and psilocybin being a 5ht2a agonist along with 5ht2a and 5ht1a. And I guess the hallucinogenic effects are due to its effects on 5ht2a. I am just a layman so have limited understanding of these things but it would make it seem like they shouldn’t work well together.

And yet here we are with lots of credible experiences saying they are synergistic. Someone on Reddit was trying to explain that there is a rebound effect at the 5ht2a receptor or something if you take kratom either a little before or at the exact same time as psilocybin and yet I don’t know if that’s true but sounds like a pretty good explanation. Again from my limited understanding.

When do you typically take your doses when going on a trip with psilocybin?

I am planning on tripping again this Thursday and I ordered some 50x extract powder for the first time in thinking that it could help with anxiety on the come up. But now I have mixed feelings and just think I’m going to take it solo.

Thanks!