Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

adderall xr - my favorite drug

Lopez

Bluelighter
first off i'd like to say i only have about 3 years of experience on drugs, having tried basically everything on the street: clonazepam, cocaine, marijuana, various opioids, etc., both legal and illegal, both soft and hard, so on...

well recently i've found myself a new favorite drug - speed (adderall xr) from a friend with adhd who just happens to hate taking them and doesn't mind giving them away. they're capsules half orange and half clear, revealing the small amphetamine particles inside - each containing a 30 mg mix of dextroamphetamine and levoamphetamine.

well anyway i've had my hands on quite a lot of these but usually traded, sold, or gave them away, for fear of addiction (i have a slightly addictive personality) and therefore i have only taken them twice, today being my second day. the effects are great and last roughly 12 hours due to the extended release mechanism, keeping me euphoric, productive, and happy all day long. the drug is nearly perfect, and i would say a hell of a lot better than some good coke, and one of the best parts is that while in my town a gram of cocaine which will wire you up for about 3 hours tops if you sniff line after line then give you one hell of a crash costs $20, i can get a day-long buzz for free.

overall the drug is amazing is so far the best anti-depressant i have used (i have clinical depression and ocd), without unwanted side affects as compared to my prescription medications (effexor and risperdal). when i'm on it i spend my time just ranting and laughing with my friends or doing homework, which is great because i'm usually antisocial when it comes to friends and very forgetful when it comes to homework. my social anxiety is gone along with my depression, and my ocd is greatly reduced and much more bearable. this along with the euphoria, body sensations, long duration and so much more are what make it my favorite drug.

as for the negatives, they're rather minor. if yo want a long lasting drug, this one is for you (XR), after all for one i can't sleep (i'm starting to tweak as i write this paper, everything feels funny), and have mild visuals/paranoia when i don't. and secondly/lastly you can't eat, and i mean at all. i haven't eaten since yesterday's lunch in school.

overall the drug is great if used responsibly and preferably at low doses (i take 60 mg and that has me buzzing all day and night), and i believe anyone interested should give it a try. the positives really outweigh the negatives with this drug=D

give it time and you will increase the intensity of your mental problems when on or off the drug.

speed and depression are a bad mix. i speak from years of use, you are in the honeymoon phase it will go downhill

the positives really outweigh the negatives with this drug=D

For now.

Unfortunately amphetamines don't work like this long term, and very soon the negatives will outweigh the positives.

Be careful

Tolerance builds rapidly and it has a high probability of dependency. As for using it for depression... your gonna make it worse as amphetamines are a stimulant and increase blood pressure, heart rate, ect. which all increase stress levels which is not good if you have depression. Note: If you are on an SSRI for depression do NOT take Adderall XR as it has the potential to induce serotonin syndrome when mixed.

If you are on an SSRI for depression do NOT take Adderall XR as it has the potential to induce serotonin syndrome when mixed.

says who? i've used speed loads of times on citalopram and had a friend who was addicted to speed (high dose five day binges) and was taking loads of citalopram. so in my experience i haven't seen or heard anything that remotely backs this up.

maybe amphetamines weak maoi action, but in reality i have never seen the combination produce any probelms other than insane euphoria and crazy joy

Frankly you come off as an unquestioning child of the pharmaceutical age. You hurl diagnoses about and use these to justify doping yourself with drugs off the street. Why don't you just admit, "I take drugs to get high and feel better," rather than dressing it up in facile talk about mental sickness and self-medication?

To call 60mg a small dose is laughable unless you're quite a large person.

Taking Adderall while on escitalopram was an unpleasant experience. My thinking remained just as slow and stupid from the anti-depressant, but I sweated and sweated.