• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Nopaine HCL and/or freebase similar to cocaine?

I've actually sampled ethylphenidate (years ago) and it was quite a bit nicer than methylphenidate. I tried snorting (mild but nice) & smoking the freebase. I don't really like stimulants so much, but smoked it was similar to cocaine (but lasted 40 minutes, unlike crack) but less intense. I preferred it to crack, in fact, but as I say, I'm not a fan.

It's probably pretty safe (with it's low potency) but it's nothing to write home about. I know of one highly shady cocaine dealer who seriously wants to cut it into crack. What a fool...

I seem to remember that 'real' nopaine is the 4-(3,4 dichloro)phenyl-piperidine based. One paper said that replacing the ester with a propyl made the (+)trans isomer gave a Dopamine Ki of 3.4 - but that means nothing without behavioral studies and there aren't any (plus the synthetic route was a real hike!).

Is this nopaine (aka L-Threo Ethylphenidate, an isomer of ethylphenidate?) simply the levoratory form of ethylphenidate (instead of racemic)? If so, is L-ethylphenidate more potent in terms of DAT/NET Ki values than D-ethylphenidate (and is this why nopaine was marketed towards the RC market)???

i dont get why they're using that stupid name for the l-threo isomer they're making, fucking retarded lol

I don't get why anyone would be purchasing a "smokeable crack cocaine replacement" and not be expecting the Feds to kick their door in. Any vendor offering products like that and other brazen replacements for blotter acid, meth etc. that have never been trialed in medicinal use is incredibly responsible and probably a scam.

The only reason that the L-threo isomer is being used is because there's a known synthetic route to it in the literature (well okay to LTMP) and it's far more potent than the racemate, compare Focalin versus Ritalin.

i recevied my 1 gram sample today along with a free half of MXE! spot on! the vdendor said everyone is giving the nopain shit reviews and making people paranoide so not to keen on even trying any!! will give it a we go tonight but ight just shove it in the stahs box it might come in usefull when we run out of everything else on a bender but that might make its effects more parnoide who knowes am certainly very wary about it - also the price of it is rediculasly high! my sample would of cost alot if i had bought it!

there is no real ethylphenidate on the market everyone saying he has it is scamming (same with nopaine which should be EP)

Go fucking figure this stuff makes people paranoid. Any compound that gets even remotely close to having DRI activity is touted as the next cocaine/ecstacy/meph/meth by these "vendors"... no wonder people are bitching and whining when they get freaky paranoid from overusing the stuff.

And yeah, I highly doubt actual ethylphenidate is being sold; probably PV or some shit knockoff mixed with talc...

Since the optically active precursor is available, I wonder if they just bought the unwanted isomer cheap? It strikes me as the kind of oversight these people are getting famous for.

I found the racemate that I sampled very gentle. I cannot see anyone getting paranoid off it (far less then MDPV or even plain dexedrine). It was OK, put it that way. As for smoking it, well it's a damned stupid thing to do - plainly just to try to convince people it's like crack cocaine. It's just NOT!!!

Last edited:
Since the optically active precursor is available, I wonder if they just bought the unwanted isomer cheap? It strikes me as the kind of oversight these people are getting famous for.

I found the racemate that I sampled very gentle. I cannot see anyone getting paranoid off it (far less then MDPC or even plain dexedrine). It was OK, put it that way. As for smoking it, well it's a damned stupid thing to do - plainly just to try to convince people it's like crack cocaine. It's just NOT!!!

almost as if you knew firsthand about the oversights of this particular vendor and advisor ? funny that :|

^I can assure you I'm certainly NOT suggesting that anyone buys off those people. They seem highly dubious to me. No, I was just surprised by the paranoia reference & I noted a long time ago that the acetamides vary in price a lot. I assume nobody would really want the isomers they seem to have used & guessed someone like that wouldn't know the difference.

As for smoking it, well it's a damned stupid thing to do - plainly just to try to convince people it's like crack cocaine. It's just NOT!!!

But you're okay with people "snorting it like crack"? LOL

nopaine hcl to freebase

hi just need a little help please im wanting to make the nopaine hcl 1g into cra*k could anyone point the way, is it done like the real thing would be done thanks. only got 1g sample so cant really mess it up cheers

Last edited:
But you're okay with people "snorting it like crack"? LOL

Is smoking an unknown compound EVER a good idea? It's been established that at least one vendor was selling lidocaine & caffeine as 'Nopaine'. I expect smoking lidocaine would be a bad thing.

I knew that was I had was ethylphenidate freebase so I put some onto foil (75mg) & tooted it like H. Odd, liquorice taste & a fairly brisk increase in energy & alertness which persisted for 35-40 minutes.

It was 'OK' as in I didn't hate it like crack or cocaine, but then I imagine people who like those drugs wouldn't think much of ethylphenidate. It's the clear-head effect I like, not locomotor stimulation, confidence or sexual energy.

I'm odd, I like 4MAR, fencamfamine & phenmetrazine more than MDPV, methamphetamine & cocaine. Straight DRI puts me in a bad mood.

nopaine hcl to freebase

Ok thanks for that but what if im try to do it the orignial with the bi carbs whould it work yeah?? and i DIDN'T BOTHER TO READ THE RULES REGARDING THE NAMING OF VENDORS OR DISCUSSION OF SOURCES so i think its the correct thing i hope lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a sample on the way and roughly zero expectations for this stuff. Why l-TEP instead of d- or dl-TEP? I don't get it.

My guess is that they have access to optically pure precursor and the synth yields the l-isomer only.

But it's the d-isomer of methylphenidate which is active and i can't figure out a reason why the situation would be any different in the case of ethylphenidate.

Why would anyone want to ingest the inactive l-isomer? Why sell the inactive -isomer? Obviously the customer base will be disappointed in the product and will purchase it only once. Where's the business sense??

Last edited:
My guess is that they have access to optically pure precursor and the synth yields the l-isomer only.

But it's the d-isomer of methylphenidate which is active and i can't figure out a reason why the situation would be any different in the case of ethylphenidate.

Why would anyone want to ingest the inactive l-isomer? Why sell the inactive -isomer? Obviously the customer base will be disappointed in the product and will purchase it only once. Where's the business sense??

Well, it is l-methylphenidate that reacts with ethanol in vivo to create ethylphenidate, not d-methylphenidate. This is why Focalin (d-threo-methylphenidate) doesn't react with alcohol to create ethylphenidate. So, the l- isomer of ethylphenidate COULD be the active one based on this, but we have to hear more experience reports.

edit: I got a sample of l-threo-ethylphenidate that I'll test with Marquis later to see if it reacts like MDPV/cathinones (orangey color) to see if the substance is real or not. I'll update with the results of the Marquis later on.

Last edited:
Results from the Marquis show that it barely reacts/reacts to a light black/dark color, but slightly. Nothing like MDPV or the cathinones at all. I took a pic that I'll post later.

~30mg feels something like methylphenidate actually, which is interesting.

marquiseth.jpg

Here is the picture of marquis results of l-threo-ethylphenidate. (Very slight reaction to a dark black-ish color.)

Is smoking an unknown compound EVER a good idea?
Even smoking known compounds (crack, crystal, tobacco) is not a good idea. How much worse an idea it is smoking an unknown compound is questionable... depends on the situation perhaps. IMO, the worst idea of all is injecting an unknown compound.

Even smoking known compounds (crack, crystal, tobacco) is not a good idea. How much worse an idea it is smoking an unknown compound is questionable... depends on the situation perhaps. IMO, the worst idea of all is injecting an unknown compound.

"Vaporizing" the HCL of l-threo-ethylphenidate is impossible unless one wants to inhale something super harsh and nasty.

Well, it is l-methylphenidate that reacts with ethanol in vivo to create ethylphenidate, not d-methylphenidate. This is why Focalin (d-threo-methylphenidate) doesn't react with alcohol to create ethylphenidate. So, the l- isomer of ethylphenidate COULD be the active one based on this, but we have to hear more experience reports.

I have a paper on the trans-esterification of the methylphenidate isomers. In test subjects, the amount of ethylphenidate recovered was very, very low indeed. It's a nice theory, but experimental evidence suggests that it's not significant.