• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

AWS Gemini-20 Milligram Scale Quality?

paigethylamine

Bluelighter
Has anybody had any experience with these or have an understanding of the physics behind how a scale works and could confirm their own opinion of on a scale from 1 to 10 how accurate are these milligram scales?

I hate that thing it pisses me off, first of all it shuts off when I'm still using it, sometimes it just refuses to way amounts that I can see are clearly too much. It just pisses me off, maybe I'm missing something. Also is there any relevance as to what sort of surface you should use it on? (IE: can you use it on a free standing table or does it matter?)

The .001's are great for the price, and are usually never more than 5mg off of what they should be, so I love it, though I certainly wouldnt trust it that much for doses under 10mg. Make sure you dont move it around as much so it doesnt get all off calibration, and you're good to go.

Id make sure you use it on a flat surface, away from any wind, and just be super careful about bumping it as it can get off calibration pretty easily.

It turns off if you keep it on for too long, ya, but ive found that that's really not that big of an issue.

Overall a good 7.5 in my opinion.

A few other considerations about the Gemini - 20

After poking and prodding this thing, I decided that the following assumptions are particularly good to take into consideration:

- Your scale is clean.

- May as well do the 10G test before starting each time, couldn't hurt.

- You're using it on a *SOLID* surface and not a free standing but especially wobbly table.

- Fresh batteries because it seems to affect the performance, so a safe assumption is it may affect the accuracy as well.

- An extra measuring dish is nice.

Things I haven't figured out:

- My scale tends to get mad if I dump too much in at once, and it will shut off before I am finished measuring.

There's probably an instruction manual that tells me a lot of this

Last edited:
I have this scale and it broke pretty quick. It worked for maybe a week, but now when I turn it on it just gives an error code and can not be calibrated. While it did work it seemed to be accurate, but I only really got to use it maybe four times at the most. You need to test it with the weights before using it. The dish that comes with it seemed it let powders stick to it alot, but that was solved by a piece of foil on top of it.

i may as well throw my 2 cents in about this scale...

its a good scale.. theres nothing wrong with it really once you learn a few tricks...

you try has to be placed perfect... it should weigh 2.644 i think might be 2.645 mine has residue on it right now but thats the perfect weight for it when its balanced right in the middle...

check with weights befor you weight it when you do this... depending on what your weighing you might want to leave the weight in and let it say 10.000 them when you measure out 2 mg it would say 10.002 obviously... but its good for a quicker weigh very accurate 1-2mg wiegh... if your lights going off to quick on you..

anyway id say its a 8.0 out of my scales i have one i like better but my brother spent 200 on it and got it for a deal..

Is it normal that a weight weighting theorically 20 grams weights in fact 20.002 grams?