• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One week...
I CANNOT believe it has been a week since I quit sub. I clearly remember last week literally SHAKING at the prospect of not having my daily bupe. I still see those crumbs flushing down the toilet (* note* flush anything you have left or you will take it .. trust me , flushing is so , I dunno, cathartic... symbolic even . ) Kratom has made this possible. I am just so grateful. I have been going to meetings for years now and felt like such a phony . This is just me but I need meetings. Something aout being around other addicts creates a synergy that is difficult to describe unless you have been there. In my experience quitting has always been the easy part. ( especially this time with K ) STAYING quit . different story altogether.. I REALLY like my morning K so that may be a bit difficult to cut back on .. but w/out it? I don't think I would have had a chance . Anyone on the fence about whether or not to stop their DOC .. Do it! Believe you can and it will be fine .. Believe

This should help, Burn Out-

i have a few questions id love to ask you.

1) do you take UEI by itself or take it with some plain leaf?

2) what dose would you recommend for someone used to only using kratom plain leaves and never tried UEI but looking for a strong experience?

3) can you compare the similarities and differences between the kratom high vs opiates? for me the most notable difference is that my mind is far more active on kratom.

1)- when I take UEI I take it alone.. UEI means Ultra Enhanced Indo.. there seems to be some confusion about this versus extracts ect.. UEI is essentially one of the stronger extracts basically they extract the active alkaloids from for example a kilo of indo leaf powder, this results it a concentraton of all the goodies that 1 key of indo contains, but these goodies may only weigh a half ounce or so.. Then they combine these goodies with, say, one ounce of powdered indo leaf, and in doing so they 'enhance' the leaf powder and now they have 1.5 ounces which contains the strength of a whole kilo of plain regular leaf powder.. So combining uei with more leaf powder simply adds to the weight, and ever so slightly adds to the strength, but not enough for you to feel the difference. Plus kratom doesn't tase great, so the less you have to eat, the better.

2)- this is a tough question because the dose size depends on soo many factors, but this info might help a little; I too started with plain powdered leaf, it came in capsules each containing half of a gram. For the first month or two, 6 caps would give me a good opiate buzz, but if I wanted to really get high ( nodding out, itchy face, warm all over and very sedated), I would take 10-12 caps (5 or 6 grams).. Now as far as UEI; I think at that point, .5 to 1 gram of uei would have been perfect! Best to start low and work your way up of course. There are some kratom-nieve folks out there who would laugh and say that kratom is week shit, and then injest 3g of UEI, and feel like they took heroin for the first time and did way too much..

3) Ok last one then I'm gonna crash (I'm on UEI tonight) In my experience, kratom feels just like opiates.. Of course there are different kinds of kratom that give different effects, and same is true with all the different kinds of opiates.. For example maeng da kratom is a bit stimulating, I would compare it to taking some buprenorphine and drinking a caffeine soda or energy drink.. All together though most types of kratom and opiates cause the same feeling of euphoria, as well as itching, dry mouth, and a unique internal feeling of comfort and warmth.

I hope this helps clear things up a little! If u ever want to try potentiating to save money, take the over the counter antacid Tagamet one hour before the kratom. Two or the tablets will work.. St. John's Wart goes well with it also in my opinion..

Also UEI tastes delicious when you stir it into a wendy's chocolate frosty!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm standing outside my local head shop right now wondering if I should spend the money on this. They have the black label stuff already in capsules (5 or 6 to the package) they also have it in leaf and in extract.

I'm basically just trying to hold off WDs til this afternoon so I can make it through work. My oxy tolerance isn't too high (though my wife would beg to differ). 30mg would hold me, but not get me high.

Which one should I buy? How many grams would 6 capsules be? Would that be enough to stop being ill?

I appreciate any quick responses as I have to get back to work!

BTW my normal dose to get high is about 80-90mg oxy or one railed 40mg opana

^I would go with the extract, but there are so many varities and brands it is hard to give yhou an accurate description of the effects. Unless your w/d are debilitating, this afternoon isn't very far away and I would try to just tough it out til later. 30mg of oxy isn't a huge habit so w/d for a bit shouldn't be unbearable.

Different Kinds of Kratom?

Hey guys I just recently tryed Kratom. Needless to say I really liked it, it's kind of like a opiate substitute(go figure)..

Anyways I tryed some super premium and some 20x ectract. Oddly enough I got a stronger buzz from the super premium then the extract.

There's so many types of kratom to choose from out there. Some are supposed to stimulate you more others are supposed to sedate you more, some do both.

So what's the most effective form and why?

It's mostly marketing bullshit.

Do to the complex alkaloid profile of kratom and the contradicting relaxing/energizing effects vendors can claim all sorts of things. That being said some is higher quality product than others, it's really difficult to tell just from a name though. To simplify as much as possible the best form is the one containing the most mitragynine & 7-hydroxymitragynine per dollar amount. Usually this is not the extracts.

I'm going to throw this is the kratom thread as it is asked fairly often. I'll also link my post showing the relative alkaloid concentrations in a variety of products as well.

edit:
here's the link from a few pages back http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=9324387&postcount=240
It's an analysis of 7-OH-mitragynine and mitragynine in several commercial kratom products.

So there's a vendor that offers a form that is mainly supposed to have alot of 7-hydroxymitragynine, that's going to basically be the best quality? What about the other active ingriedients? Such as Oxidole.

I know this takes trial and error but I would like to weed out all the shit that's a waste. And find somthing that I really like.

I've never heard of oxidole. Do you have a link describing it?

As for what vendors offer it is pretty much a moot point as they can lie. All that matters is what you get and the only method is trial and error or reading reviews. Since Bluelight doesn't offer reviews we can't really help you there.

^I'm not asking for a review, I wanted to know the most effective type of kratom generally. Not to save money, but to get the most medicinal benefit.

I cant find a link for the oxidole, but apparently it's what causes the most stimulating effects for the kratom.

Let me check out your link. I'll see if that helps.

Edit: Cool chart, that was actually quite helpfull. It seems like the resins are the most potent yet most expensive, and the dryed leafs and powder vary.

It looks like the best bet is to find a good dryed leaf with high alkloid content.

Thank you Amapola, I appreciate it.

Last edited:
The few times I did this I had a few different types I mixed together, 'thai' 'bali' and something else I think... I took five grams of each and brewed them and drank it down along with some beer and had a GREAT time. Was that dose too high?

^^If you had a great time then no, the dose was obviously perfect.

I haven't seen anything to suggest kratom is toxic, and for me 15g of the leaf matter was perfect with only a mild codeine habit at the time.

I was surprised actually how much, how massively much, better the leaves were than the 30X extract I usually go for.

I now this is old hat but most of the extracts are a total rip off! I am yet to try the UEI though, and may very well invest in some soon.

^I think the other type was 'Malaysian' not that I think about it

I extracted it really well, didn't let it go full boil but strong simmer. Think I did three full extractions before cooking down the results. FUN time!

I recently posted a thread that was then closed. Sorry for calling the product I was asking about by name...

At any rate I'm wondering if Valerian root and cimetidine would potentiate kratom in any way? I mean valerian root may provide a synergistic effect, but I don't get effect from valerian on its own.

I was about to post this as a followup to the very few responses I received before my thread was closed, after someone postulated that cimetidine may in fact hinder the effect of kratom's major alkaloids.

Well the three main constituents of Kratom (Mitragynine, Mitraphylline, and 7-Hydroxymitragynine) all seem to be active orally without any metabolism into more active forms...
I mean those wiki articles are a bit lackluster in their wealth of information, and don't offer much in the way of pharmacology and pharmacokinetics, but they don't specifically mention any enzyme facilitating the breakdown of these chemicals.

Anyone else? I'd like to have at least a couple opinions before I try eating my entire "sample."

Very good research and you are correct that they are active in and of themselves and do not require metabolism to become so. Along these lines inhibiting enzymes could very well increase the duration of your high however kratom has a complex effect on your body and there are many interactions which may not be taken into account. I'll go pull up the metabolism data for you if I can find it on my old hard drive.

After parachuting my sample I felt loads of nausea and pressure in my stomach.
This was simply because parachuting 5 grams of plant matter in 8-10 bombs with 2 (yes it took almost 2 whole) cans of Mountain Dew.
The discomfort passed and I was left with a very nice, very clear opioid high.
I know for certain that I could have gone to sleep at one point, but I didn't.
I should have though.
Once I did try to go to sleep I layed in bed for hours. Luckily it wasn't a terrible time since I felt so nice. XD

Still, it doesn't help with sleep unless you take advantage of the point in time where closing your eyes feels really nice. Instead I just rolled with the nice feeling, listening to music and playing video games, every once in a while sitting with eyes closed and just enjoying the act of breathing.

I have a simple question that Im sure was answered multiple times throughout the thread, but I dont really want to sift through 12 pages to find it.

Does making kratom tea provide any benefit other than saving your stomach from having to digest plant matter?

Is their any alkaloid potentiation? Or will simply parachuting ground plant matter yield the same results as making a tea of it?

I'm sure ingesting the plant matter is best in any way. Even when tea is made the powder is usually downed with the liquid.
I wouldn't doubt that alkaloids are left behind in the plant matter, so I would definitely try to keep it all down.

Edit: Parachutes were..... Idk....
All that tissue paper and carbonated soda left me bloated and nauseous. Next time I might just mix it into my black tea. The kratom had the same scent as black tea leaves. Exact same. It smelled sweet and delicious. I'm sure the taste isn't similar though...

Is their any alkaloid potentiation? Or will simply parachuting ground plant matter yield the same results as making a tea of it?
Parachuting will result in the same high or likely much better. A tea might have a slightly faster come up though as some of the alkaloids can be absorbed without having to break down any plant material. For people who can't tolerate the plant matter without nausea or who don't care about getting the maximum and prefer just sipping some liquid it is pretty common.

All that tissue paper and carbonated soda left me bloated and nauseous. Next time I might just mix it into my black tea. The kratom had the same scent as black tea leaves. Exact same. It smelled sweet and delicious. I'm sure the taste isn't similar though...
The method I use is known as toss and wash. Basically you put a little water into your kratom to make it a little more paste like then with some more water already in your mouth you place the kratom on the back of you tonge and just swallow. Then again I could see if people couldn't handle the taste this wouldn't work well. You could always invest in capsules as opposed to tissue paper. I had a friend who has used apple skin before as well.

Last edited:
apple skin?!
Now that's a genius idea.
I doubt I'll do it just because I don't even think we have apples but still... Genius.
Toss & wash seems like the easiest method for next time...

Status
Not open for further replies.