• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh the joys of botanical medicines. I agree that Blue ltous is vastly underrated. Have you ever tried a mixture of all 3 lotus flowers? Its very nice.

i have never done kratom. heard great things, but never tried it. I am on 35mg of Methadone and for the last 3 months I used heroin regularly to get high still, I stopped 3 or 4 days ago and got back to my drink with no ill effects. Just wondering what I could expect from kratom. I would need a high dose im sure....I found aplace nearby that sells it. So, let me know what you guys think would be a reasonable amount and I'll let you know what happends. Or tell me now that I would be stupid to even use Kratom as it wont do anything.

^I wouldn't even bother. With your high tolerance and the typical shitty quality of kratom sold at local places (presumably a head shop), its not worth it.

My Kratom arrived!

Except i have no way of eating it, i didn't get the chance to buy gel caps yet and i also don't have a scale. I guess im going to eat like 2 spoon fulls and wash it down and see what happens. I know more or less how much will fit into a certain number of gel caps so having a scale wont be an issue once i buy the caps but im definitely not looking forward to spooning this stuff into my mouth. :p

I love kratom...just had some a little while ago...

Makes me not even want to look around for opiates

Having posted what I believe was the first 7-hydroxymytragynine trip report this site had to offer and having various experiences with different vendors etc here is what I have found.

The ground leaves ARE more cost effective. Kratom is especially good for bupe wds because bupe does not block the effects so it's long halflife will not stop you from you starting your kratom taper plans before any real wd sets in from cessation of bupe. The 15x and similar products are somewhat stornger and more suited to the "i wanna gel cap my shit" crowd. IMO the powdered leaf with no stems etc (looks more like green or yellow coke powder than marijuana in the bag) is the best "ground leaf" you can find. However I did order a big batch that looked like a big bag of shake and it did have Major effects however that could be due to me using more product in the tea due to thinking it was inferior. I have not tried the full spectrum extract, however I would think it would lack something the leaves have as it is not known how the more than thirty some odd alkaloids synergize with one another.

I recently ordered some JWH-018 and my experience with that reminded me of my 7-hydroxy experience....yeah it hits a receptor that the leaf does, but the leaves hit many other receptors as does "plain bud" marijuana (lol). The price for these extracts mainly based in ethanol is just too much for the amount of doses you can get from say an ounce of powdered leaves. It seems a lot of you agree and my reports range from "this just makes me want heroin more.....to "glowing". I have had crazy nods that always seem to come when my expectations are low.

For those of you who make tea, your stomach tells you when you have had enough. You get a "full" appetite suppresant quality before the nausea if you drink too much too fast. The time your stomach feels like not drinking more is usually when the euphoric aspects set in if you SIP the tea. Please dont chug tea as this is not beer and bad side effects will haunt your experience if you trat it with the more is better attitude. There is a right and wrong way to go about this plant. Treat it with respect and it will most likely reward you beyond expectations (esp for an herbal remedy for opiate addiction). I am a member of what I think is the biggest kratom forum although i have not visited in a while and am not sure if it even still exists. I read so many peoples wonderful stories about kicking their opiate of choice which was (for reasons unknown) always called "hydro" on that site. SO many people used that term but I have a feeling it was not always specifically indicative of hydrocodone but rather a term for "my synthetic opiate of choice"

Kratom is the best thing you could ever wish for if you want to kick and have the willpower to not let the mental craving pull you back into your habbit.

This is my 2 cents about all the products out there, however I do like the "resin" but have not tried it enough to say if it is better than leaves for the price. I imagine that any extracted version has an added tax for having the extraction done for you. The leaves are just being distributed and no work has to be done to them to make them work "better". Therefore I am on the side that powdered and even crushed leaves with stems are the best bet for the money. Make your own "extract" by making strong...or weak tea which can be judged by the darkness of the tea in my experience

Amber, those are some interesting combinations, I've been wanting to try kratom and valarian for quite some time now :)

I'm personally a huge fan of the kratom + kava combo if you have a decent kava product.

Perhaps due to the noradrenergic effects of kratom, I tend to get muscle spasm/stiffness in my back (to which I'm predisposed to) and kava, on top of being pleasant and enjoyable to me anyway, is the most effective herbal/OTC muscle relaxant that I have found.

Kava kava itself has always seemed to be mildly euphorigenic to me and I enjoy the cognitive clarity it produces in contrast to most pharmaceutical or herbal anxiolytics. The kava kava effects simply seem to synergize sublimely with the kratom.

Cutting down the number of Kratom teas I have in a day. From 30 a day, down to roughly 6-7 cups in 24 hour period.

Couldn't sleep yesterday, too wired. So, had a few cups to relax.

Not too badly addicted to it now. It is possible to get off the Kratom even after prolonged use.

30 cups a day? wow.....what did kratom do for you at that frequency of dose? How much of what kind of kratom would you use?

Cutting down the number of Kratom teas I have in a day. From 30 a day, down to roughly 6-7 cups in 24 hour period.

Couldn't sleep yesterday, too wired. So, had a few cups to relax.

Not too badly addicted to it now. It is possible to get off the Kratom even after prolonged use.

It's possible to get off heroin as well after prolonged use. Doesn't mean it'll be easy. ;)

Holy shit, 30 cups a day? How much in each cup? I'm really curious because when I take kratom, I can't take any more that a certain amount every few hours or I'll get sick...

Well, I'm not an uber kratom user. The 30 cups were made from a single tea bag with repeated dosing in boiling water. I just found that if the water turns brown, drink it down.

So, like, I'd fill a regular sized muslin tea bag with draw string top with as much Commercial Bali powder as it would hold, and keep dosing until the water turned clear. Yeah, I'd get that sickness feeling too as well. But, it does not last forever. And after like 30 minutes you can dose again.

It's possible to get off heroin as well after prolonged use. Doesn't mean it'll be easy. ;)

Yes, I've done the heroin cold turkey. The rattle is quite severe, eh? Well, I remember it taking two weeks before I felt 'normal' again, but the saddest thing is that I started using pretty much straight after getting straight. Excuse the pun.

Yeah, Too bad you can't use kratom to get off kratom like im usin it to get off sub haha.

And now that we know you were dosing with the same bag that makes it a little better.

And we do have an
edit.gif
button. ;)

I bought recently x20 extract, four grams.. It was pretty pricy. But I've read good things about it and had a back ache lasting for weeks, so I decided to try it out.
I tried it in tea, tried in capsules, I did 1 g and didn't notice much besides edginess and a slightly warm feeling like I am coming up on a low dosage of some opiod pain killer.. And it was on an empty stomach in the morning. The effect went away rather fast and I felt disappointed as I read people getting extreme euphoria and even hallucinations. I ended up doing the rest of the 4 grams in a day and it was weaker than Tramadol in terms of euphoria (and more expansive).
I am glad that some of you found Kratom to be awesome. I am rather skeptical. :\

Hallucinations? I don't know anyone who's experienced CEV or OEV from kratom, interesting.
And you're right, it's not very strong (I find it to give a better feeling than tramadol though). But that's probably a big reason why it is still legal.
The extracts tend to vary widely by vendor, so you may have just gotten inferior product.

I bought recently x20 extract, four grams.. It was pretty pricy. But I've read good things about it and had a back ache lasting for weeks, so I decided to try it out.
I tried it in tea, tried in capsules, I did 1 g and didn't notice much besides edginess and a slightly warm feeling like I am coming up on a low dosage of some opiod pain killer.. And it was on an empty stomach in the morning. The effect went away rather fast and I felt disappointed as I read people getting extreme euphoria and even hallucinations. I ended up doing the rest of the 4 grams in a day and it was weaker than Tramadol in terms of euphoria (and more expansive).
I am glad that some of you found Kratom to be awesome. I am rather skeptical. :\

I scored 100 grams for no prices. That 100g bag has lasted me a long time. If I were to buy no prices worth of heroin, it'd be gone in thirty minutes.

Prior to that, I tried extract, which sucked, was expensive, and did not last!

I usually need 12g in a tea. I remember buying a 25g bag, for more money than the 100g bag, thinking it'll last longer because its better quality.

But, it only lasted a few days :( A week at most.

The pain killing effects is why I used Kratom initially. For instance, I had flu, and sore ribs from coughing. The kratom tea meant I could cough as much as I wanted without clasping my ribs! Then, the following week after the flu. I develop tooth ache and have to have a wisdom tooth out. Long story short, the Dentist left a tooth fragment in the hole which cut into my gum when I bit down on the cotton gauze to stop the bleeding! That caused me major pain when the anesthetic wore off. So, I used Kratom for the pain.

Now, if you are in pain, you don't get the euphoric effects so pronounced on Kratom. I realised this soon after dislodging the tooth fragment from my gum. I literally orgasmed from the Kratom inside me when the pain was removed from the equation.

Then, after all that, I had developed a regular Kratom habit. One I have to this day. I use roughly 6g-10g daily now, cutting down from the higher doses I took whilst in pain.

But, 4g of Kratom will not work! Especially not in a tea. You should've got a 100g bag of the stuff and dosed until you were high (if that is your goal). Because, Kratom works, but not for ex-junkies only in higher doses.

It's comparative to hitting a joint for the first time, once, and saying, well that did not get me high...weed is shit. I'm sceptical. Ha!

You must've got ripped off by some shady Kratom dealer. You need a sound supplier as well, because some people boil the leaf down to make extracts and then sell the leaf on! Be careful buying off the Internet! Once you find a decent supplier, stick with them for life. Be it a headshop, always shop there. I bought from my cannabis seed supplier! I trust that site like my own mother. And they are the cheapest suppliers on the Net for the UK.

Last edited by a moderator:
But, 4g of Kratom will not work! Especially not in a tea. You should've got a 100g bag of the stuff and dosed until you were high (if that is your goal). Because, Kratom works, but not for ex-junkies only in higher doses.

He's referring to a 20x extract, not standard commercial grade. It only takes me 1.25g of <snip> kratom to get high, but it takes approx 15g of the commercial to achieve desired effects.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find some good plain leaf. Extracts usually need some plain leaf mixed with them to make them worth it. Even then I wouldn't bother with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.