• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I haven't been bothered to be honest to look through the whole of the thread but which type of kratom is the best: there's all different kind like kratom resin kratom leaf kratom extract to Bali Kratom powdered Mitragyna Speciosa, kratom Thai Dragonfly kratom, <snip>(liquid drops ) and also smokeable joints which I have been told are a waste of money even though there from a decent site

Are any of them good enough for a heavy cocaine or alcohol hangover/ comedown ?either the day your coming down or the next day you feel like shite ?

<snip>
no drug testing questions - C2tL

Last edited by a moderator:
He's referring to a 20x extract, not standard commercial grade. It only takes me 1.25g of <snip> kratom to get high, but it takes approx 15g of the commercial to achieve desired effects.

Oh, I'd disagree with this statement completely. The extract is terrible. I never got 'high' from it. But, the commercial grade leaf, after drinking like 5-6 teas made from it, I was ready to puke on my very first dosing.

^I think we can chalk that up to vendor discrepancies.
<snip> works for me and many others who have tried it. Although a little more expensive per dose, I'd rather parachute a little gram ball of that than make 5-6 teas. Yuckkk.
Some extracts are crap, you just need the right vendor.

Question yall, I just bought my very first bag of kratom, it got shipped here, just got it yesterday. I went to the doc tuesday so I wasn't in withdrawl when I got it. (i WAS in wd when I ordered it though, haha lol isn't it ironic) so how much krat/what ROA do you experienced kratom users suggest I use for my first dose? I don't have any capsules, I just got powdered maeng da kratom, 1 oz. I do have a digi scale also

Btw I have a significant opiate tolerance.

Also, I've heard you can get either a stimulant effect OR a depressant effect from this substance. What would be the difference, dosage-wise for achieving these two opposite feelings? I don't really plan on using the kratom until I run out of my fentanyl, even then I have a couple hundred percs but I don't like to use them cause of the APAP, and I need a large amount of them to suppress w/d, so they're essentially useless... And doing a cwe (which I've never actually done) would make me feel nervous about screwing up my medication, rendering it even MORE useless, lol

Thanks 4 the suggestions

Sorry I haven't been bothered to be honest to look through the whole of the thread but which type of kratom is the best: there's all different kind like kratom resin kratom leaf kratom extract to Bali Kratom powdered Mitragyna Speciosa, kratom Thai Dragonfly kratom, Essence of Hydroxy(liquid drops ) and also smokeable joints which I have been told are a waste of money even though there from a decent site

Are any of them good enough for a heavy cocaine or alcohol hangover/ comedown ?either the day your coming down or the next day you feel like shite ?

<snip>
no drug testing questions - C2tL

A lot of it is preference and what one vendor sells as a quality extract might be labeled the same as what someone else sells that's total shit.

In the past most people have preferred high-quality whole-leaf products to extracts however a lot of different extraction techniques and products have come out recently, some of which get positive reviews.

Since there isn't industry-wide regulation, there is too much variance to say "X" is the best unless you're referring to a specific vendor's product and that isn't allowed on here.

Also, this thread isn't for product reviews and everyone's views are going to differ on what they enjoy/prefer anyway.

A lot of it is preference and what one vendor sells as a quality extract might be labeled the same as what someone else sells that's total shit.

In the past most people have preferred high-quality whole-leaf products to extracts however a lot of different extraction techniques and products have come out recently, some of which get positive reviews.

Since there isn't industry-wide regulation, there is too much variance to say "X" is the best unless you're referring to a specific vendor's product and that isn't allowed on here.

Also, this thread isn't for product reviews and everyone's views are going to differ on what they enjoy/prefer anyway.

kratom is very trial error..like i said before to anyone trying it...find the right dosage and the right vendor and kratom can be a very enjoyable experience

Question yall, I just bought my very first bag of kratom, it got shipped here, just got it yesterday. I went to the doc tuesday so I wasn't in withdrawl when I got it. (i WAS in wd when I ordered it though, haha lol isn't it ironic) so how much krat/what ROA do you experienced kratom users suggest I use for my first dose? I don't have any capsules, I just got powdered maeng da kratom, 1 oz. I do have a digi scale also

Also, I've heard you can get either a stimulant effect OR a depressant effect from this substance. What would be the difference, dosage-wise for achieving these two opposite feelings? I don't really plan on using the kratom until I run out of my fentanyl, even then I have a couple hundred percs but I don't like to use them cause of the APAP, and I need a large amount of them to suppress w/d, so they're essentially useless... And doing a cwe (which I've never actually done) would make me feel nervous about screwing up my medication, rendering it even MORE useless, lol

Thanks 4 the suggestions

Hmm... not sure how much you should take. How significant of a tolerance are we talking here? What's your daily dose of normal opiate? There's a fine line between a good high and an over-the-top, puking, unpleasant experience, so it's hard to guess your dose based on "significant tolerance", or really based on anything, as kratom has interesting pharmacology.
And as far as I've read, lower doses cause more stimulation, higher doses cause more depressant effects. I shoot for the high dose effects, but I still find it hard to sleep afterward sometimes. I'm guessing you get both effects at any dose, but one is more pronounced at different doses.

^exactly- at lower doses with less mu agonism, the stimulant effects are more pronounced. At higher doses with more mu agonism, the sedative properties are more pronounced.

If you read between the lines here specific vendors are being implicated.....I suppose it is ok because the names are not mentioned but if you have ever shopped around <snip> is pretty specific vendor wise....at least from my recollection. Different vendors use different kratom slang, and I assume <snip> is vendor specific. My tincture was not called that and google + what is being said here can lead you straight to vendors. I am not a mod, but all I am saying is this is kind of a grey area when it comes to the rules of this site. I really do not want this thread closed so can we generalize to plain leaf, powdered leaf, extracts that are indicated by a # like 15x, 20x, tinctures, resin, and bali, thai or whatever......that leaves more of a annonimity

Does bringing a mug of water to a boil in the microwave, then taking it out and popping the tea bag in work? I am guessing it will take a few cups before getting the whole dose, but i don't feel like boiling it on the stove right now. If i were to boil the kratom in the water on the stove, how long should i keep it boiling for?

If you read between the lines here specific vendors are being implicated.....I suppose it is ok because the names are not mentioned but if you have ever shopped around <snip> is pretty specific vendor wise....at least from my recollection. Different vendors use different kratom slang, and I assume <snip> is vendor specific. My tincture was not called that and google + what is being said here can lead you straight to vendors. I am not a mod, but all I am saying is this is kind of a grey area when it comes to the rules of this site. I really do not want this thread closed so can we generalize to plain leaf, powdered leaf, extracts that are indicated by a # like 15x, 20x, tinctures, resin, and bali, thai or whatever......that leaves more of a annonimity

Thank you for bringing this to our attention... I went through and edited what you recommended.

*Mod Note*

There has been a lot of discussion that is flirting with source/vendor guidelines and this will not be tolerated. If a simple google search of a term you use directs one to specific vendors, this will be treated like any other source discussion.

Please take heed of this warning so this thread can remain open and thrive

Thanks for noticing my noticing of "vendor flirting", and yeah those edits were necessary in my post.....I was only trying to point out how this was getting vendor specific using examples. The other terms at the end are very broad terms and i think should be the slang used to specify the types of kratom available to most if not all vendors

^yeah, good call. I certainly appreciate it and fully understand why you used those terms.

Thanks 4 the suggestions

Easiest way for me is to take 4g's and rip down a single ply piece of toilet paper a little more than half. Fold it up like your rolling a blunt and close the ends. Put the closed ends on the middle of your tongue a little towards the back and then fill your mouth with water before swallowling.

Since it's your first time and you got a big opiate tolerance I say go for 8 grams. You could do 2g pieces if 4 looks like to much. You could also try mixing with a bunch of yogurt if you can't do it. Kratom is kind of an acquired taste and it could take a bunch of strains before it even really works. Personally I don't like Maenga Da and it actually makes me dizzy.

There is the possibility 8 grams will get you sick though if you don't have a strong stomach but since you have an opiate tolerance you're gonna have to start higher.

Also Cold water extraction is not difficult at all and is not that easy to screw up.

Last edited:
I want to note for the second time that there is (probably a few) kratom forums that discuss brands and vendors, I dont think directing people to a forum is against the rules and I am barely doing that. If you want to discuss brands with specific names please find it. I dont think directing people to a forum where they can drop brands and sources is against the rules....correct me if I am wrong

^telling people to find other forums to discuss specific brands and vendors is certainly kosher... providing links to sites that discuss such things would not be.

Thanks for looking out, Rob.

no prob cane, keep keeping this thread kosher. Keep in mind some people that post might not have read every page of this thread.....my intention is to keep it open. We got a good thing going here. To add additional kratom discussion, i think i might be the only one discussing resin here. I would like to see other peoples experience with resin as it is a relatively cheap extracted version that IMO kicks 15x-30x asses when it comes to more for your money. Roll the resin into balls and swallow like big pills....no choking on powder or leaves and no tea if that makes you sick (btw add lemon and lots of sugar and kratom tastes better than some regular teas IMO)

^Have you had success mixing it with yogurt in the past? Perhaps it was just the type I had but it seems hydrophobic (repelled by/won't mix with water).

I tried to mix it in pudding and no matter what I did, it would not mix in.

i have not tried yogurt or pudding, but I have noticed that it does take time to get submerged in the tea (esp with powders). Tea is an effective method for me but I guess for those who want to ingest the plant material, tea is not the way to do that. I will keep the yogurt method in mind. Does it maybe mask the taste better? If you toss and wash the powdered leaf products, one wrong move and you can instantaneously gag and vomit and or cough powder puffs into the air. This would turn anyone off to the experience vs what it takes to attain effects. I think taking one batch of powder and using it for multiple batches of tea is effective and you can toss (meaning throw away) the plant material after the color of the tea is much lighter than when you started. Not making multiple batches is wasteful.

I can def see a resistance to water that subsides....I always though of mytragynine and its friends as not opiates, but rather their own class that resemble opiates/iods. Further discussion about solubility of powders and especially those who have tried HIGH alkaloid extracts in water or water based foods like pudding. By high extracts I mean powders that have a majority of their weight in alkaloids. It compares more to the "powdered hash" of kratom (trying to not use terms vendors have to describe this type of high alkaloid powdered extract.....in fact i don't know if they exist anymore. Just having tasted that type of powder makes me want to agree with the "hydrophobic" comment when it comes to the alkaloids

Last edited:
and all the tinctures are alcohol based, reminds me of benzo solubility which is totally water resistant (in most cases) but still fat soluble and alcohol soluble...though they find their way to our brains via sublingual methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.