• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To an earlier post kratom is not a plant based opiate. Highly doubt that it would cause you to get diarrhea if anything i think you would be come constipated.

Fucking heroin withdrawls suck. ;(((. Im out of cash, and just took the last little slit of suboxone film i had. I managed to hold off takin my last bit of kratom. I have 6g.left maybe does anyone know if suboxone mixd with kratom will boost each others effects in aiding withdrawls. I've read that kratom has an anti-opiaye type effect. Like theres a chemical in kratom that is similar to thr naxolone in suboxone. You think mixing the 2 will have any adverse reactions? Or will they both cancel out each other. I dosed the sub maybe an hour ago and the h wds arnt as bad now, when should i dose the kratom if any?.. thanks

To an earlier post kratom is not a plant based opiate. Highly doubt that it would cause you to get diarrhea if anything i think you would be come constipated.

Huh? It contains mu-opioid agonists and certainly will cause constipation, just like any traditional opiate.

Well, I think what he was trying to say is that Kratom is not an "opiate" in the traditional sense; meaning that it is not derived from the poppy plant. So, while it does contain mu-agonist alkaloids (as well as others) it shouldn't be considered an 'opiate' in the same sense as say, morphine or codeine.

Not that I'm trying to argue semantics with you here, but this is how I have always defined the two terms:

Opioid: A synthetic narcotic that resembles the naturally occurring opiates.

Opiate: Naturally occurring opiates and their derivatives.

Anyway, I suppose Kratom could be called an opioid depending on your definition of the term. My point was that the alkaloids are not poppy-derived, so it really isn't a 'typical' opiate/oid. Enough of all of that though.

To answer the question about Buprenorphine and Kratom: a little googling yielded this thread.

Well, I thought Kratom was too good to be true, and at least for me, I think it is.

About a month ago, I had never heard of it until I was on this site, and is seemed from the threads it would be really good for my upcoming oxycodone wd's (30 day use/80-120mg per day) which I've always hated and never found anything to avoid them (Sub excluded). I was amazed that I hardly had any wd's, the product was legal, and relatively cheap. So all has been good for the first 3 weeks of use, and I've taken about 18-25g/day via capsules(probably a little on the high side as far as dose is concerned) of Indo Kratom from a reputable and highly reviewed source.

For the last 2.5 days, my stomach has been in chards, with a gurgling noise and diarrhea (I don't believe I've ever had diarrhea for more than a day). I believe someone else wrote in this thread of a very similar experience but I thought it was probably an abberation and didn't pay much attention.

I've also read here that kratom is in fact an opiate (plant-based). The only problems I've ever had with synthetic opiates (hydro and oxy) is constipation, which I never really minded, and thought that is likely all that Kratom would bring in terms of sides. But these side effects are a completely different animal, and assuming it is the Kratom(about 90% sure it is), then, well it has me rethinking the whole Kratom experience. And it really effin' sucks because I like Kratom, but I HATE the aforementined GI issues even more.:(

Any feedback would be appreciated.

I've read from several posters that Kratom is high in fiber. Any possible way that this is related to incorporating a very large amount of fiber into my diet (via Kratom) over the past 3-4 weeks??

Hey man.

Well you're doing it wrong.

You will need Kratom to help stop the physical withdrawal from your brain but you'll also need over the counter diarhea medicine called Loperamide - this is the active chemical you want to see in the box. You can find it anywhere with generic anti-diarhea.

You will see online Loperamide is a legal opioid but it only binds to the intestines. This is CRUCIAL. Kratom binds to opiate receptors in brain while Loperamide will bind to your stomach. It'll make you not shit and by the 3rd and 4th day you'll feel a lot better.

I'd recommend getting some anti-anxiety meds for withdrawal. To stay away from benzo's you can use Benadryl (hit or miss if works for you) or even Hydroxine (Vistril). Hydroxine should work well. Any doc will prescribe it.

If you want to use benzo's that's all on you just don't catch another addiction.

This formula works. I am heavy on pills and dope. I was so skeptic to drop like $50-$100 on this sh-t when in reality you know what I was thinking: that money could be used on dope. But I did buy it and it's helped me out TREMENDOUSLY when I'm broke or out of sh-t.

It's worth your while. Gaurantee it'll work. If you want to get clean and stay clean, that's all up to you and motivation. TO avoid embarrassing inpatient scenarios etc, I would do outpatient OR a simple 1 hour a day NA meeting. Try it once. It'll get you out and motivate ya. I haven't done it and personally I've made it on only day 3 clean so far but it's a 3 day bump...this formula does work. It's up to you to stick it out. The want/crave to get high will be there...maybe even always. It's up to you.

G'luck

PS: It's essential you purchase 000 capsules. You can buy prefilled 000 capsules of Kratom from Amazon! It works great. I take 3 as a dose and the physical withdrawal is gone and I can do whatever.

King J,

I didn't go on-line for the Kratom, I got 15 grams it at a local shop. I wanted it fast before my Oxycodone ran out to make sure it would work. If it didn't, then I was going for the on-line Tramadol. I was using it along with the Oxy and I went from 120mg-150mg a day to 60mg a day and felt fine.

I woke up in HARD WD this morning at 2:00am! I had 3 15mg Oxy left to get through today. I ended up having to take a second one by 3:00am. I finally got some relief by 4:30am. At 10:30am I ended up taking my last Oxy. I figured it would be best to take it now when I'm only just feeling bad than to wait until later when I'm really bad off and 15mg won’t do much anyway.

I go to the Dr. tomorrow morning for my last script of Oxy he can write before the new Florida laws kick in on 1-1-12. As it turns out, the pharmacy may refuse to even fill it. There was a write up in the Cape Coral Sunday paper that a couple of the chain pharmacies have been refusing to fill scripts of Oxy. There were the names and stories from a number of people the reasons for not filling.

Here’s the URL to the article: http://www.news-press.com/article/2...rmacies-refuse-fill-meds?odyssey=mod|mostview

Leaping Gnome

A few questions for high-tolerance kratom users

For those of you who use kratom habitually, maybe even daily, I have some questions. I use kratom almost every day, ideally it would be every other day, but as of late it's been daily. I've been using it for about a year now. I notice that tolerance builds very slowly when I leave 2 or 3 days between uses, however when using daily, tolerance skyrockets. The obvious answer to many of my questions is "Take a break." I know that, I'm not dumb, and I do take breaks occasionally. :)

• Do you have any tricks or methods to deal with tolerance? I'm not asking how to REDUCE tolerance, I'm asking if you have any methods to squeeze just a little more out of your kratom when high amounts of alkaloid are required. I can't simply just keep taking more kratom, for reasons listed below:
  • Do you notice kratom has a 'ceiling effect'? Meaning you can only take so much of it, until it simply just stops working, you just won't get any higher, as if you hit a 'ceiling'?
  • As I understand, as a person builds tolerance to most popular drugs like heroin, oxy, cocaine, etc., you simply have to take more and more and more to achieve a satisfactory high. If I use many days in a row, I will actually get to a point where I'll wake up in the morning, have a high dose of kratom, and literally not feel it at all. I will then re-dose again and again to the point where I have injested an ungodly amount of powdered leaf, and still not feel it at all. Do others notice this? (also known as a ceiling effect)
  • Does anyone notice that extracts/tinctures will allow you to dose higher and avoid the ceiling effect?
  • Does anyone notice that DXM helps manage kratom tolerance?
  • Does anyone think that antacids like cimetidine can help prevent tolerance, or worsen it?
  • When your tolerance to kratom is up, do you notice better results from toss 'n wash, mix 'n chug, or steeped-then-strained tea style? I usually mix 'n chug with orange juice, this gives me the fastest and most potent onset and the best chance of getting a satisfying high.
  • When you simply chug down all the powdered leaf material, do you think your body is able to extract ALL the alkaloids from the leaf? Do you think maybe steeping the leaf in liquid for ~a day might extract more alkaloids out of the leaf than our bodies would if we simply ate the dry leaf....which in turn would mean more alkaloid for the same amount of kratom ingested? Does this sound likely?
  • I religiously use Bali strains, they seem the most euphoric to me. I do not like Maeng Da, and most other strains like Indo and Malay just feel like weak Bali to me. I read that switching up strains can help tolerance, is there another strain type that is similarly euphoric to Bali?

Thanks in advance for the answers! :)

Last edited:
With high tolerance I find it best to use Poppy Pod Tea, a lot of the recreational aspect of Kratom disappear if you have a high Opioid tolerance, though it is good at attenuating withdrawal symptoms for a few hours.

I found Kratom use was best with one large dose once a week at weekends. In the week I would have Kava in the evening or a few beers.

I use 600mg Chelated Magnesium with 15-30mg DXM an hour before a burn, to keep my NMDA antagonism high, which keeps tolerance in check. Cimetidine, and any potentiator, would obviously raise tolerance, since it works by inhibiting liver enzymes, which reduces rate of elimination, which keeps more 7-HO and Mitragynine in your blood stream, which in turn boosts your tolerance.

Switching up strains definitely helps tolerance. Kratomers call it "stagnant strain syndrome," which is similar to the strain tolerance you get from cannabis. I've read it is best to never use the same leaf (Bali, Maeng Da, etc) more than twice a week. Using something new every day definitely helps IMO, if not by tolerance, then by conditioning (mixes up the subjective effects).

I prefer ingesting all the Kratom (with reverse toss n wash), to keep doses standardized. Extractions are never 100%; one tea might yield 80% alkaloids, the other 92%, there's no way to make sure with those.

Stay away from extracts: once you go extract, you never go back. Plus, extracts give you a boring (mentally dulling), but powerful, opiate high, not a complex Kratom high. The plain leaf Kratom high is so complete and natural feeling compared to opiates. And they're so expensive, you might as well use real opiates over extracts. Extracts make a joke of the Kratom scene, they really have no place being legal IMO. Some people spend way more on extracts than they do on an IV heroin habit.

Try out other leaves. With your preference, try: Borneo Red Vein, Red Riau, Red Vein Sumatra, Green Malaysian. These are all relaxing strains, compared to Thai/Maeng Da.

Feeling the "aroma" of my Kratom today, I just was thinking to myself how more codeine/hydrocodone/light oxycodone users should use Kratom. Saves money, it's legal, it lasts longer; it's really a miracle plant, next to Cannabis. <3

Ah good.

Someone dug up the Kratom thread.

I consider myself an expert on all things Kratom. I will thoroughly enjoy reading this thread.

While I am here, does anyone have any questions? I would be happy to answer anything Kratom related, and my knowledge on this particular plant is very deep indeed.

I've been interested in trying Kratom for a few months now. I think I'm going to order some online in another 2 or 3 weeks. I hear it's a hit or miss, though. I'm not sure what kind to get either. I'm mostly looking for euphoric effects. I understand different strains cause different effects, so which would you recommend?

I'm mostly just looking to experience something relaxing and calming, something I can enjoy with a nice bowl or two of buddha.

I've been interested in trying Kratom for a few months now. I think I'm going to order some online in another 2 or 3 weeks. I hear it's a hit or miss, though. I'm not sure what kind to get either. I'm mostly looking for euphoric effects. I understand different strains cause different effects, so which would you recommend?

I'm mostly just looking to experience something relaxing and calming, something I can enjoy with a nice bowl or two of buddha.

Ah, you would be after the "Bali" strain. Other strains, like MaengDa or Thai, seem to be more energizing. Bali, on the other hand, is more relaxing and euphoric.

But there are even better types too.

I'll send you a PM and direct you further.

Last edited:
^It will change your stool because of both the high fiber content and the opioids within. As for the stomach rumbling, I'd say it could be related, or it could be something else.

I would assume the stomach rumbling comes from the appetite stimulation which Kratom is famous for.

Unfortunately, eating anything will disable the Kratom's bioavailability.

Kratom is best taken on an empty stomach. Then pig out 4 hours later, after most of the effects are diminished. It will be as if you are having a feast!

The best eats I have ever had were on Kratom. Oh my goodness, I remember when I took a bunch of Kratom and then got all my favorite foods from the store and ate them. The awesomeness of it was overwhelming!

Kratom, in it's own way, is just as good at making food ridiculously amazing as pot is. At least in MY opinion.

For those of you who use kratom habitually, maybe even daily, I have some questions. I use kratom almost every day, ideally it would be every other day, but as of late it's been daily. I've been using it for about a year now. I notice that tolerance builds very slowly when I leave 2 or 3 days between uses, however when using daily, tolerance skyrockets. The obvious answer to many of my questions is "Take a break." I know that, I'm not dumb, and I do take breaks occasionally. :)

• Do you have any tricks or methods to deal with tolerance? I'm not asking how to REDUCE tolerance, I'm asking if you have any methods to squeeze just a little more out of your kratom when high amounts of alkaloid are required. I can't simply just keep taking more kratom, for reasons listed below:
  • Do you notice kratom has a 'ceiling effect'? Meaning you can only take so much of it, until it simply just stops working, you just won't get any higher, as if you hit a 'ceiling'?
  • As I understand, as a person builds tolerance to most popular drugs like heroin, oxy, cocaine, etc., you simply have to take more and more and more to achieve a satisfactory high. If I use many days in a row, I will actually get to a point where I'll wake up in the morning, have a high dose of kratom, and literally not feel it at all. I will then re-dose again and again to the point where I have injested an ungodly amount of powdered leaf, and still not feel it at all. Do others notice this? (also known as a ceiling effect)
  • Does anyone notice that extracts/tinctures will allow you to dose higher and avoid the ceiling effect?
  • Does anyone notice that DXM helps manage kratom tolerance?
  • Does anyone think that antacids like cimetidine can help prevent tolerance, or worsen it?
  • When your tolerance to kratom is up, do you notice better results from toss 'n wash, mix 'n chug, or steeped-then-strained tea style? I usually mix 'n chug with orange juice, this gives me the fastest and most potent onset and the best chance of getting a satisfying high.
  • When you simply chug down all the powdered leaf material, do you think your body is able to extract ALL the alkaloids from the leaf? Do you think maybe steeping the leaf in liquid for ~a day might extract more alkaloids out of the leaf than our bodies would if we simply ate the dry leaf....which in turn would mean more alkaloid for the same amount of kratom ingested? Does this sound likely?
  • I religiously use Bali strains, they seem the most euphoric to me. I do not like Maeng Da, and most other strains like Indo and Malay just feel like weak Bali to me. I read that switching up strains can help tolerance, is there another strain type that is similarly euphoric to Bali?

Thanks in advance for the answers! :)

Question #1. Eat it on an empty stomach. Tums will potentiate it and make it last longer. DXM will help block tolerance buildup. Tagament and Grapefruit juice potentiate it quite nicely. So does Magnesium.
Question #2. Yup. It does. It also has a ceiling effect in the fact that one will throw up at high doses.
Question #3. Indeed I do! I take a particular extract called "Liquid Kratom". It comes in 1oz vials, and feels closer to morphine than anything else. Google "liquid kratom 1oz vials", if you are interested in procuring it. RIDICULOUSLY powerful.
Question #4. For sure! DXM helps immensely. No need to go crazy. 40mg a day is far more than enough.
Question #5. It prevents it, for me.
Question #6. Toss 'n wash is best, IMO. The less in your stomach the better.
Question #7. The body seems to be the most efficient, by far. If you wanted, you could try making tea and eating the leftovers too. Which would be disgusting. Lol.
Question #8. I hate the other strains too. Bali all the way. However, by FAR the most potent and by FAR the most euphoric was the "liquid kratom" I was talking about above.

BOOM. Answers are answered.

Have any others? I consider myself an expert in all things Kratom.

I have a question; if I did a simmer for like 10 min using ground up kratom, what kind of yield should i expect? i've done this and filtered the sludge and used the resulting liquid (like brown water) to make coffee. It seemed to work at 12 grams but i'm not sure if a higher dose is needed because i'm not getting many alkaloids with just heating (i've read using the freezer helps?). I don't care how many grams I use as it's just sitting around, just wondering if i would be killing more alkaloids or releasing more?

I've been using kratom since monday to manage the chronic phase of my ODT withdrawal. By the evening,when the aches and shivers are coming back a bit 8-10 gr of bali leaf has really hit the spot! Is there an asian tradition of using kratom in substitution opiate therapy? It seems a bit of a magic plant to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.