• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Concentrated juice should theoretically work just fine... Was it definitely white grapefruit that you used? White grapefruits are the ones with the highest level of bergamottin.

I should have also said that I've found juices to be virtually ineffective, including white grapefruit juice. The only thing I've found that truly works regarding potentiation with grapefruit is eating a whole white grapefruit as I previously stated.

How long after taking a single beginner's dose (6g?) of kratom can I safely resume breastfeeding? Haven't been able to find info about this anywhere.
Well its NOT a good idea to do kratom while you are breastfeeding. I would say wait atleast 12 hours, you wouldent want to hurt your child or cause any problems... In the news a few weeks ago a women killed her baby thru her breast milk because she took morphine, the morphine was in the breast milk and KILLED HER BABY, damn what a waist...

here I think this is the link to the story.... please be safe when breast feeding, dont be a dumbass and kill your own kid

http://dreamcatchersforabusedchildren.com/2011/06/breastfed-baby-died-from-morphine/

Well its NOT a good idea to do kratom while you are breastfeeding. I would say wait atleast 12 hours, you wouldent want to hurt your child or cause any problems... In the news a few weeks ago a women killed her baby thru her breast milk because she took morphine, the morphine was in the breast milk and KILLED HER BABY, damn what a waist...

here I think this is the link to the story.... please be safe when breast feeding, dont be a dumbass and kill your own kid

http://dreamcatchersforabusedchildren.com/2011/06/breastfed-baby-died-from-morphine/

What an awful story!

I was thinking of pumping enough milk to bottle feed baby until it cleared my system, but could not find info on how long that takes, so I skipped it. It was going to be a birthday thing, but it's not worth it if I can't be absolutely sure when my milk is safe again. My birthday will be over in a few hours, so, oh well, next year.... Timing is everything!

Good harm-reduction advice, though, in case I was gonna be a dumbass like the chick in that article. Yeesh!

I hope someone can help me out. I am new to Kratom but not to opiates. My opiate experiences range from IV Dilaudid, to Oxymorphone, to Diamorphine, you name it. But I have quit all that. My friend swears by this 2mL full spectrum tincture. I bought it soley on his advice, but after I made the purchase, I read forums, that the FST alone is not all that great. well, I receieved it today and took about 24 drops. Is there any particular way I am supposed to tak it? I sound like a total n00b but with Kratom I am and I want to feel this. Am I supposed to shake it or what? they actuallly upgraded me to a 3mL FST to I have a little more to work with but the 24 drops did nothing but make me feel like i did when i was on 2mg xanax the very first time for about a half hour then i got angry because I didnt feel anything else. Does anyone have any legitimate advice so that I dont feel like I wasted the money on this FST (even though I probably did) ?

I used FST everyday for about 2-3 years along with Fentanyl patches, oxy, etc and the FST is still my favorite drug (probably tied with Fent). It's strong stuff, but you have to take enough of it. When I first started I was only taking .5mL, then .75, then 1... until finally I needed 2.5mL to get high. If you have any kind of opiate tolerance you'll probably need at least 1mL of FST minimum to get high. It's honestly my favorite drug and I've tried many, many drugs including heroin. Recently I switched to plain leaf because my addiction was getting out of hand and costing more than I could afford... I did that for a couple weeks and weaned myself down to 3G bali leaf per dose, a couple times a day. Currently it's been 72 hours since I last took leaf and I am hating life. I'm not even all that opiate sick anymore other than sweating and some very minor chills but I'm just SUPER bored. (partially because I don't have much of a life at the moment and I stopped using JWH, Xanax and opiates all on the SAME DAY! not by choice of course...)

I'm on high doses of Poppy Tea (60-120 g per day). Will I stll get a decent buzz from 5g of X25 full spectrum Kratom extract?

Hey guys. I have tried kratom twice and didn't really feel shit. It was a tea, a poweder type shit you make tea out of anyway. My friend said it isn't even an opiate.

My friend brittany says it is. She says she bought extract in pill form at a local headshop and it didnt get her high but made her dope sickness go away.

can it get me, a zero tolerance (clean for a year) high?

I'm on high doses of Poppy Tea (60-120 g per day). Will I stll get a decent buzz from 5g of X25 full spectrum Kratom extract?
Can't say. Both PST (poppy seed tea) and Kratom are both so variable in their amounts (the later in their preperations). I can handle 200mg of codeine but couldn't handle 10g of quality kratom never mind 5gX25. Just work up to where you are comfortable.

Hey guys. I have tried kratom twice and didn't really feel shit. It was a tea, a poweder type shit you make tea out of anyway. My friend said it isn't even an opiate.

My friend brittany says it is. She says she bought extract in pill form at a local headshop and it didnt get her high but made her dope sickness go away.

can it get me, a zero tolerance (clean for a year) high?
Kratom contains the mu-opioids mitragynine and 7-OH-mytragynine. They will effect you either way but there is no guarentee how much are contained within any one kratom preperation.

ooooooook so, I just got my first order of ground Bali EVER. I took out around 7g (I think) and just threw it in a big glass of cherry pomegranate iced tea....and god damn that shit was nasty

I managed to keep it down, and I still have a little left that I'm just gonna sip slowly, it's been like 5 minutes and I definitely feel good, but there's gotta be an easier way to get this shit down....does it ever dissolve? Like if I let it sit or stirred the shit out of it will it break down at all?

I know putting it in capsules is probably the best way and I'm gonna get around to doing that, but is there any other way I can ingest this for the mean time that's a little easier on the stomach? and I would've parachuted but I probably would've choked if I tried that

^ Maybe try multiple smaller parachutes? You're right about a 7g parachute probably choking you, lol. When I ran out of caps in the past, I'd break it into like five parachutes.

Some people like to mix it up like you said you did, but IMO it is god-awful that way. It doesn't dissolve ever, either.

I personally like to make tea if I have the time, and you can cut down big time on the mess and effort if you use press-n-brew (fill your own) tea bags. They work just fine.

If you're looking for a quick and easy thing, I usually just toss and wash. Mostly because I choke on parachutes unless they're real tiny.

Toss and wash is simple really. After you get it down once or twice you'll feel more confident about not gagging on it when you swallow.

First grab a thick juice (grapefruit, grape, apple etc) fill a cup and take sip, just enough to cover your tongue. Don't swallow, instead grab your teaspoon and scoop out a little bit of the powdered leaf. Now, with the juice still in your mouth, scoop the leaf into your mouth and try to get it onto the juice, but also as far back as possible. Grab your cup and drink it down. Swallow confidently. Continue drinking until its all washed down.

Occasionally I get a little stuck on the roof of my mouth or something but it isn't as bad as having a parachute burst in the back of your throat, coating it on the way down the hatch.

Last edited:
^ Maybe try multiple smaller parachutes? You're right about a 7g parachute probably choking you, lol. When I ran out of caps in the past, I'd break it into like five parachutes.

There's nothing bad about swallowing that much paper?

Here's my story...bought an ounce of Bali leaf and began just by trying a CWE...nothing. tried again...nothing. Ate some w/ applesauce...nothing. Well come to find out today it's all because I hadn't done enough. I did 30 g today mixed w/ applesauce, just a toss n wash really. I feel very mellow, happy, and less anxious. My DOC is hydro/perco, whatever pain pills I can get usually, and this really does the trick. I need at least 10-20 mg of hydro to get my warm fuzzies; this is not as good of course, but as close as I've come, and I'm liking it!

Only thing I've noticed is a major headache later, but that could be a number of things. I'm still considering buying another type next time to try, and I will prob buy it already ground up (came as actual leaf so I'm grinding it myself, ugh). The tea never was my thing, takes to damn long lol.

Also...wondering why the eff it took me 30 g to feel high at all? And for the record, mixed w/ a bit of applesauce, the taste is not even there.

^Different preperations have different strengths. When people talk about masses they are almost exclusively speaking of dried plant matter. You also have a tolerance to opioids. If you look back at my previous posts regarding extraction you'll note that the only valid option is ethanol (or even better methanol if you have the experience to not just drink the tincture).

Toss and wash is by far the best method to consume it though.

^Depending on the substance you use to parachute it is most likely safe. Taking kratom on a regular basis encurs the same dangers of any other opioid (tolerance, dependance, withdrawal, etc.). As for parachuting itself as I said it is safe enough to consume a small piece of pita bread daily. Toilet paper might not be that good an idea though.

^Depending on the substance you use to parachute it is most likely safe. Taking kratom on a regular basis encurs the same dangers of any other opioid (tolerance, dependance, withdrawal, etc.). As for parachuting itself as I said it is safe enough to consume a small piece of pita bread daily. Toilet paper might not be that good an idea though.

I think kratom has some weird side effects that other opiates dont. One of them it the hangover the next day. You can either get a nice after glow, or have this hangover feeling. I notice my heart rate is higher then normal also the day after taking kratom.

Also taking a small amount of kratom has a real stimulant effect. I wouldn't even call it a nice feeling. Kind of an anxious speedy high, if you dont take enough.

I would recommend getting a bunch of empty vegi capsules and filling those.

I notice when I drink tea as opposed to parachuting, the side effects are much less intense so to speak. When I was toss n washing or parachuting it, I would often get the hangover, have GI issues etc. When I switched to making tea with tea bags it made most of that stuff pretty minimal, and eventually you start to really enjoy the taste of it. I sweeten mine with honey and sugar, mmm. I mean don't get me wrong there are still side effects (of course) it just seems like they are much reduced when you aren't ingesting tens of grams of plant matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.