• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
40g of kratom all in 4 hours...wow!! You're my new hero!

That's enough to make an elephant vomit!

My Experience with Kratom

hello. i have now been a habitual kratom user for over nine months now, and i would like to share parts of my experience, especially odd and peculiar things that i have come to learn about kratom. this thread should probably be posted in trip reports, but i have never used this site before and have not read through all of the forums. whichever administrator moves this thread should put it in the trip reports forum unless they feel another forum is more fitting. this experience report will likely be very neutral, as there are things i enjoy about kratom and things i dont.

first i will briefly share my story. prior to this i have no experience with any opiates. throughout all of my kratom experiences, i have used 25 mgs of diphenhydramine at t=-20 minutes and one tums at t=-10 minutes. by the fourth month of used i also added grapefruit juice to the combo at t=-45 minutes. my first kratom experiences came 9 months ago, at 6 grams. i did this a few times a week, and eventually moved to 8 grams. at this point, i was using once per day, most days of the week (a few days off here and there), and almost exclusively at night. after a few more week of this i moved up to 10 grams, and finally 12 around six months ago. since then i havent increased my dosage or the amount that i use. although i have experimented with other patterns of usage, for the overwhelming majority of the past six months, i have used 12 grams of kratom 5 days per week between 7:00pm and 10:00 pm. i forgot to mention that, although i have tried most other varieties of kratom (indo, thai, maeng da, not malaysian though), i have almost exclusively used bali.

now i would like to reveal peculiarities i have learned as i have come to know the ins and outs of kratom.

kratom makes your eyes very very red, and eyedrops do not relieve this redness. occasionally, but not always, my pupils constrict.

kratom initially killed my appetite, but soon made me hungry.

the psychoactive power of kratom is heavily affected by the contents of the users stomach. when used 2 hours or less after eating a full meal, kratoms effect is diminished greatly. using 2-5 hours after the meal results in the best quality high. using >5 hours after a meal, kratom gives a slightly unpleasent intoxication that makes one feel a bit dizzy, nauseous, and uncoordinated, especially in the unexperienced. while i prefer >5 hours above <2 hours, i find ~4.5 hours to be an ideal sweet spot.

the extracts make kratom lose its magic. in months 4-5, i experimented with extracts. even though i only used them on certain occasions, they altered the effects of kratom. initially, i noticed that they provided a greater intoxication to kratom similar to gaba affecting drugs (alcohol, benzos), with less euphoria. since this time, even plain leaf has lost some of its euphoria, which i attribute to increased tolerance from the extracts.

kratom intoxication has a bit of a reverse tolerance. i now become much more sedated after 9 months of use. i can easily nod off at my normal dose anytime i use it. much less euphoric though.

bali kratom is not speedy. it does have some side effects similar to stimulants (shaky hands, dry mouth, racing heart) the high is not speedy. thai, on the other hand, is definitely speedy.

it is very very easy to wake up the morning following falling asleep on kratom. i have no idea why. when i am woken up i immediately get out of bed and hop in the shower, even if i had very little sleep that night. this is opposed to nights without kratom, when i continually hit the snooze button and almost fall asleep on my way to the shower.

i do get slight withdrawal symptoms from kratom. when i take days off, it is very hard to wake up, i feel a psychological craving for it, and i get minor aches and pains throughout my body. its nothing major, but it is definitely there and the pains do get uncomfortable sometimes. i dont resort to NSAIDs or any other drugs to relieve this though.

kratom has little effect on sex when you are not on the drug. obviously, like all opiates, sex is decreased while on it.

kratom does cause some constipation. regular bowel movements are fine as long as you dont use all day every day. i do find however that stools tend to be harder and more dehydrated. this is not always a bad thing, as it leads to a drastic decrease in the need for cleaning after a bowel movement.

if i think of anymore things to say about kratom that are not obvious, i will edit them in. i wrote this experience report to help give independent researchers of kratom (like myself a while ago) to have a good, well written, first hand detailed experience report about the drug.

it would also be nice to get some feedback about this post. can other regular kratom users identify with some of the effects that i listed that are not widely recognized, such as the red eyes that cannot relieved with eyedrops (which i swear happens every time i take kratom), the reverse tolerance in effects, and the amount of time taking kratom after eating.

40g of kratom all in 4 hours...wow!! You're my new hero!

That's enough to make an elephant vomit!

I know right!!! Kratom is a good herbal remedy, but I just can't expect it to get me to where H, morphine, opium, oxy, and hydro will get me. It's self limiting at higher doses.. It's def. no oxy....

is there anything to take to prolong kratoms duration, i dont find topping up works very well and would rather just leave it at one dose a day or every other day.

Grapefruit juice i know prolongs the duration of certain opiates, is it the same with kratom (White GFJ that is )

Also are benzos a nice mix with kratom?

thanks.

I find 'pre-loading' with grapefruit juice to be pretty effective. It might do absolutely nothing in reality, because I'm unsure how mitragynine is metabolized.

Well that was great, about 10 minutes after ingestion i puked it all up, not sure how much of it if any would of absorbed so just did another few g. Annoying though as i have no idea how much to dose now. Never ever puked on kratom, i started drinking a green tea, half way through i just had to leg it to the toilet. Should of let it settle before drinking anything i guess.

did kratom about 7 horus ago, also did some DHC after it wore off, dhc is wearing off now, once im at baseline again will kratom work still, ive heard redosing can be hit and miss, wont eat anything for a few hours at least.

took 6g of kratom powder last night, parachuted it all in 2 pieces of toilet paper, on top of that I smoked some spice, the effects were dreamy at first and feeling of comfort. as the night went on i kept re dosing to the point of being very dizzy and the feeling of nausea was there.
I never puked tho, just rode with the feeling until I passed out.

All in all, was a pretty nice experience besides the sick feelings.

^You swallowed 3g of ground leaves at a time, wrapped in toilet paper? Jesus, how did you not choke? 1g parachutes are scary enough...

6capsules(1cap=.5g) opened up placed in center of tissuepapaers, (i've done this with 10+ neurontins'gabapentin's')after its in center of tp i twist it up and swallow the twisty size first. i guess when it comes to taste/pills i dont have a gag type reflex. i used to not be able to eat pills, grew outa that shit real quick lol.
i took another 4 caps earler and plus 1, makes me think a little clearier. :), feeling good, not really going for that fuck me up cant move feeling because i have some other things to do later.. maybe later tonight or something.

How long after taking a single beginner's dose (6g?) of kratom can I safely resume breastfeeding? Haven't been able to find info about this anywhere.

I hope someone can help me out. I am new to Kratom but not to opiates. My opiate experiences range from IV Dilaudid, to Oxymorphone, to Diamorphine, you name it. But I have quit all that. My friend swears by this 2mL full spectrum tincture. I bought it soley on his advice, but after I made the purchase, I read forums, that the FST alone is not all that great. well, I receieved it today and took about 24 drops. Is there any particular way I am supposed to tak it? I sound like a total n00b but with Kratom I am and I want to feel this. Am I supposed to shake it or what? they actuallly upgraded me to a 3mL FST to I have a little more to work with but the 24 drops did nothing but make me feel like i did when i was on 2mg xanax the very first time for about a half hour then i got angry because I didnt feel anything else. Does anyone have any legitimate advice so that I dont feel like I wasted the money on this FST (even though I probably did) ?

fst is notorious for skyrocketing kratom users tolerance. It is one of the strongest kratom products available on the market right now. I think your previous tolerance to opiates is making you expect something that just isn't going to happen. How many days have you been completely off those hard opiates? Try starting with one drop under the tongue, and don't swallow until it is all absorbed. Kratom has antagonist alkaloids in higher doses than can completely cancel out any positive effect from the herb just like most of other herbs. Try a lower dose and work your way up. Wait until it has completely worn off to redose to get the most out of it.

^I doubt antagonist alkaloids are responsible for the ceiling effect more so than nausea...

took 6g of kratom powder last night, parachuted it all in 2 pieces of toilet paper, on top of that I smoked some spice, the effects were dreamy at first and feeling of comfort. as the night went on i kept re dosing to the point of being very dizzy and the feeling of nausea was there.
I never puked tho, just rode with the feeling until I passed out.

All in all, was a pretty nice experience besides the sick feelings.

Holy CRAP! That's amazing!

I'd like to add that I have found that eating a whole white (NOT pink or red) grapefruit ~1 hour before ingesting Kratom to have a potentiation effect (greatly lengthened duration) that is certainly not placebo.

White grapefruit can be difficult to be track down in certain locations, however, but pink and red grapefruit is ineffective.

^I agree, I definitely don't think white grapefruit potentiation is placebo.

I'd like to add that I have found that eating a whole white (NOT pink or red) grapefruit ~1 hour before ingesting Kratom to have a potentiation effect (greatly lengthened duration) that is certainly not placebo.

White grapefruit can be difficult to be track down in certain locations, however, but pink and red grapefruit is ineffective.

I have done the grapefruit juice trick, but couldn't find that it helped. Of course, I'm not as smart on some of these things as most of you guys are and don't really know the scientific words for everything, but I think I drank the right stuff. Non-concentrated or concentrated? Does it make a difference? I believe I drank concentrated..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.