• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really trust kratom extracts. Some are of quality, but most aren't. Crushed leaf is the way to go in my opinion, and most kratom users online seem to agree with me.

I would definitely say it's as good as vicodin, if not better. It's very hard to nod on kratom, but it provides a nice pain-free and euphoric buzz. Plus, it's legal and hella cheap. But then again, I'm an addict, so I'm somewhat biased.

If you're going to use it, don't bother boiling it in water and drinking the tea - many people fail to extract the alkaloids that way. If you buy finely powdered leaf, you can put it in hot water with some nesquik mix and just drink that. Chocolate drugs! Yay!

Another great thing about kratom is that it is more energizing than traditional opiates. It doesn't get you super fucked up, but it provides great energy and motivation. Once I started drinking it regularly, I got a girlfriend, bumped my grades up from Bs to As, and increased my exercise regimen. When I do oxy or heroin, I just sit around or take a walk. When I do kratom, I do everything I'd normally do only faster and better.

If you want to catch a doper buzz off of it, buy some phenibut. It's also legal, and is offered on some kratom websites. If you take about a gram of phenibut with your kratom, it will make it more euphoric and easier to nod.

Last edited:
I have kratom sitting in my cabinet that I havent tried yet. Bought it 5 months ago & havent touched it. Is it best to just swallow the powder with say some orange juice or does it have to be poured in hot water & stirred?

^ Kratom WILL NOT mix with water, it'll just leave a bunch of little clumps floating around that get stuck inbetween your gums and make you puke. The shit tastes vile. Head to the grocery store and pick up some of those drinkable yogurt things, it seems to mix into yogurt a lot better. Hold your nose and hope for the best.

I have kratom sitting in my cabinet that I havent tried yet. Bought it 5 months ago & havent touched it. Is it best to just swallow the powder with say some orange juice or does it have to be poured in hot water & stirred?

There is no need for heat. The only purpose in using water is to help get the powder down. Kratom is hands down the worst tasting drug I have ever tasted.

If you have trouble choking down 10 grams of powdered leaves in one sitting, making a Kratom tea is both easy and effective. Some say that the tea doesn't do it for them, and some swear by tea as the only way to do it.

I personally like toss n wash and tea about the same, depends on how much time I have before I need to have the kratom, tea takes me an hour or so to brew correctly, 20 minutes if I'm in a rush, but it only takes about 2 minutes to dump a spoonful of powder in my gullet. I much prefer the tea because I feel like I'm getting more out of it for some reason, like I'm stretching it further.

Anyway my point was supposed to be try making tea, certainly couldn't hurt.

yeah the tea works but I only tried it once because I wanted to make sure I was getting all the alkaloids. Had a friend who swore by the tea though.

Kratom is hydrophobic, so it's a bitch to keep stirring between gulps. I like Toss n Wash if you can handle it. Just don't breath in or out when it's in your mouth. ;)

Damn, im scared if I do swallow it, I will puke because of the vile taste & smell. So im assuming you get a better high when you make it into a tea? Of course others may argue this from what ive seen.

Kratom may taste... planty, but it's far from vile. I have found the easiest methods of ingestion are slowly sipping on tea (with a dollop of honey in it), letting it flow under and around your tongue, or tossing and washing.

Tea and "tossing and washing" are roughly the same in terms of efficacy. I personally haven't noticed a difference. Trying to fit a bunch of leaf matter in your mouth can make you gag, however, so be careful.

Anyone who thinks Kratom is a bad taste should try poppy pod/seed tea. Or mescal cactus.

Capsules are preferrable to toss and wash for many. I personally see no reason to subject yourself to loose plant matter in the mouth, though if you have no issues with the toss and wash process I suppose it could save you the time of filling capsules...

I generally use around five 000 size or ten 00 size caps.

Damn, im scared if I do swallow it, I will puke because of the vile taste & smell. So im assuming you get a better high when you make it into a tea? Of course others may argue this from what ive seen.

I get smoother effects from the tea, and it seems to last longer for me. If you have a little patience it can be quite rewarding. Be liberal with your lemon juice, and don't be afraid to sweeten it when all is said and done.

Toss 'n wash works just fine, but it took me awhile, and much vomiting from fucking up while swallowing to get a feel for it how to do it just right. I find the easiest way to choke it down is by sipping a small amount of your thick type juice (grape, grapefruit etc) into your mouth, dumping the kratom in, and taking a huge drink to wash it all down. Better than dumping it into a dry mouth I think.

Seems like I use less kratom for the same effects when I'm brewing it up though. Maybe it's just me.

Tea just takes a lot more time. Filtering (the most hassling part) is easily remedied by using fill-your-own tea bags that can be picked up right next to your empty capsules at a health food store. I've heard some questions raised about the efficacy of the tea bags, but I assure you they work just fine. Takes a little extra stirring though.

yeah the tea works but I only tried it once because I wanted to make sure I was getting all the alkaloids. Had a friend who swore by the tea though.
You can be sure you're getting most if not all of the alkaloids with brewing by simply using the same leaves for 2-3 brews, combining them and reducing volume. Tedious, yes. I usually use my leaves twice (3 grams per tea bag, 3-4 teabags) then toss 'em.

hi i am using kratom for 14 days, i started with 4 grams now i am around 7. i dont get high off it, i am hoping its reducing my wd sympoms such as RLS. but i am on day 13 and still get rls once a day not for long, i am hoping kratom is helping me and without it it would be worth, however, is my dose of 14 capsules a day now 7 grams a lot? and when do i have to jump off kratom ship before i get a new habit, that i dont need been using opiates for 10 years last 1 year suboxone, now on day 13 no opiates just kratom, and 6 pack a day, and maybe xanax too

14 days.
You're probably already addicted man.
Doesn't take long. When you stop you'll get WD. They'll be worse the more time you spend on it though...

14 days.
You're probably already addicted man.
Doesn't take long. When you stop you'll get WD. They'll be worse the more time you spend on it though...

addictided from eating 5-7 grams 14 non consecutive days out of 18? nuh...

I got sick off Kratom last night....I actually puked!!!! Today I also had a pretty bad hangover, very similar to a night of heavy drinking.

I have had two different batches of Kratom...the first batch 10 grams would make me feel pretty good. This other batch it takes around 20-25 grams to do the same thing, and I know it's not tolerance to kratom or opiates because in both cases 20-30mg of hydrocodone would knock my socks off in both cases.

I took around 15 gr of bali leaf, and then 4 hours later took about 20-25 grams of thai. The nausea came in waves and I pucked, felt better for an hour or so, and the nausea persisted until I went to sleep. I guess I was "nodding" with the help of pot and a soma, but it's not like I took an ungodly amount for me.

What gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.