• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been taking kratom for about 5 days and woke up with a terrible stomach ache this morning. More kratom has made me feel slightly better, but not really.

Is it possible that i'm to constipated from doing this 5 days in a row? That seems to be what's causing a terrible stomach ache. I dont know if eating mexican food amplified this, probably.

It's possible. Or unrelated. Or related but due to some other aspect of kratom use. When was your last bowel movement and other gross details?

I'm going to move this to the primary kratom thread as well.

>>> merged

^ Yes, you could definitely be aching from constipation from your 5 day Kratom extravaganza (and Mexican food would, no doubt, make this worse.... if you're taking an 'unpoopable' amount of Kratom). Take a stool softer, take a break from Kratom (if able), get some fiber (fruits/veggies).

Last edited by a moderator:
What's going on here?

I've been taking Kratom about 2 times a week now for about 4 months, and it was all good in the beginning. I enjoyed the taste, it agreed with my digestive tract, gave me a nice pleasant buzz, and had very few negative side effects.

Starting about 3 weeks ago, something changed. Now the taste of it damn near trips my gag reflex, the buzz isn't nearly as good, and for almost 24 hours after dosing I get a wicked headache accompanied by constant nausea.

What the hell? Is my body revolting against Kratom, or is it just this specific batch? Has anybody else experienced this phenomenon with Kratom?

Well if it is a different batch it certainly could be an issue of strength or quality. I could also be you have started to build up a bit of a tolerance and now need to take a little more so some of the less desirable alkaloids are rearing their heads. Either way I'd try taking a smaller dose than usual and seeing if that helps.

What's going on here?

I've been taking Kratom about 2 times a week now for about 4 months, and it was all good in the beginning. I enjoyed the taste, it agreed with my digestive tract, gave me a nice pleasant buzz, and had very few negative side effects.

Starting about 3 weeks ago, something changed. Now the taste of it damn near trips my gag reflex, the buzz isn't nearly as good, and for almost 24 hours after dosing I get a wicked headache accompanied by constant nausea.

What the hell? Is my body revolting against Kratom, or is it just this specific batch? Has anybody else experienced this phenomenon with Kratom?

I think it has something to do with ingesting massive amounts of raw plant matter, to be honest. Raw Kratom can start to rock your digestive system. I notice if I'm not making tea and just eating Kratom, if I do it for more than 2-3 days in a row I'll start to feel ill, have a killer headache, and just generally feel like crap (after it wears off.)

Tea doesn't leave me with the same "hangover," so that's how I came to this conclusion. I recommend being patient and making the tea, as it not only makes kratom much more palatable, but leaves me with much less unwanted side effects as opposed to eating spoonfuls of powdered plant.

Although I'm not knocking the toss n wash, you should switch to making tea and see if anything changes.

^The tea won't extract all of the goodies, but it will leave some of the bad ones behind as well. Definitely a great idea!

I think it has something to do with ingesting massive amounts of raw plant matter, to be honest. Raw Kratom can start to rock your digestive system. I notice if I'm not making tea and just eating Kratom, if I do it for more than 2-3 days in a row I'll start to feel ill, have a killer headache, and just generally feel like crap (after it wears off.)

Tea doesn't leave me with the same "hangover," so that's how I came to this conclusion. I recommend being patient and making the tea, as it not only makes kratom much more palatable, but leaves me with much less unwanted side effects as opposed to eating spoonfuls of powdered plant.

Although I'm not knocking the toss n wash, you should switch to making tea and see if anything changes.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I'll try the tea method after I get over the latest kratom hangover. Thanks for the suggestion.

I think I posted my recipe a couple pages back in this thread, basically the trick is just to be liberal with the lemon juice, and use the kratom twice.

If you get fill-your-own, press-n-brew etc tea bags it makes the tea brewing process simple and painless, no filtering/collecting involved, just take the tea bags out when the first batch is done and put them right back into the new pot of water. You should be able to find these at any health food store pretty cheap.

I do my tea on a lowish setting on an electric stove. If you use tea bags you need to stir it pretty often, every couple minutes, but the water will eventually turn visibly brown after 20 minutes, at which point its as simple as fishing the tea bags out after you pour it into a glass/container.

If you just dump powder into the water you should still stir it very often to prevent the powder cooking to the sides of the pot, and it's a little more difficult to discern when its done just by looking at it.
Again, 20-25 minutes does the trick on a low-mediumish heat setting. also filtering this way is a pain in the ass, the best way to do it is pour all the tea + sludge into a container you can see through pretty well, most measuring cups'll work. Set it down to cool for around 10 minutes or so and when you come back, all the gunk should have settled at the bottom.
Now, with a steady hand, pour the contents of the first container into a second container, as you get to the bottom pouring slower and slower until you have a little liquid and a bunch of sludge left over. Much faster and easier than trying to use a coffee filter, IMO.

Last edited:
I've been taking kratom for about 5 days and woke up with a terrible stomach ache this morning. More kratom has made me feel slightly better, but not really.

Is it possible that i'm to constipated from doing this 5 days in a row? That seems to be what's causing a terrible stomach ache. I dont know if eating mexican food amplified this, probably.

In my experience, and similar to other opioids, Kratom makes your gut digest food much slower. So if you eat a ton of food on a ton of Kratom, it can give you some pretty bad indigestion, especially in the morning. This, coupled with the bunging up effect these substances have can make for some stomach issues. The high fiber content of Kratom also makes it so you take some pretty hardy shits. :) It tends to get better over time.

What's going on here?

You may have withdrawal symptoms starting to creep in too...keep that in mind.

You may have withdrawal symptoms starting to creep in too...keep that in mind.

But the negative symptoms only manifest themselves about 60 minutes AFTER taking a dose. After the symptoms wear off, I feel great until I take Kratom again.

If they were withdrawl symptoms I would expect to see negative symptoms after going without kratom for a certain amount of time.

its probably the strain man. I get this a lot with shitty thai strains and shitty bali. Switch to higher quality strain and i bet your headaches and stomach aches go away.

Eating alot of food is not a good idea when on kratom. I'm never making that mistake again haha.

But somone brought up a interesting point. Kratom has quite a few alkaloids such as 7-hydroxymitragynine and mitragynine, which cause the effects most of us like.

But how about the other alkaloids? Just how many are there? Which ones are active. Are there ones that are going to make for a worse experience? Or is that subjective.

Thanks for the great advice!

This worked!! Yesterday I tried making a tea instead of tossin and washin. Although the high wasn't as potent as when I ingest the powder, it nevertheless was a nice sedating roll, and lasted all of 8 hours. As the high faded I noticed I had NO headache, NO nausea, and NO malaise. I slept really well last night, and I awoke with no headache and feelin great.

Thanks for the great advice!

You're more than welcome, honestly I'm happy to share what has worked for me. Glad it helped you out.

It's easier to dose a gram of tarry extract rather than try to get 20 grams of crushed leaf powder inside you. Usually people report better effects with fresh leaves or leaf powder, however.

If you don't make a regular habit of abusing full agonist opiates like hydrocodone, kratom can be a hell of a drug. Otherwise it is a relaxing and mild buzz at best. Appreciate it for what it is and there should be no problem. You're not going to catch a super strong nod.

You know the crazy dude with the dreads on youtube - I know thats a very vague description but he does all the drugs reviews? Well they did one on Kratom and it seemed rather disappointing.

I have gotten really high on kratom before, when I didn't have much opiate tolerance. It got me just as high as heroin gets me, except it's a little different. I switched from kratom over to heroin because heroin has less side effects, not because I wanted a better high.

Status
Not open for further replies.