• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks in advance.. oh and if anyone says utfse, I did! That thing just doesn't work, it pretty much picks out single key words in posts and if you wanna search for threads you might as well try running through a concrete wall... I think it might be a little more productive!
Haha very true. You might try google with the string "site:bluelight.ru" as well.

As for your questions, I've never tried to use it regularly because if I built up any sort of tolerance to kratom and ruined it for myself I would not be happy. I would think to stay safe an average of 3 times a week would be good. The more sporadic the better as you don't want to fall into a steady routine but avoid the binges as well. Obviously you can probably get away with every other day for years or even everyday for months at a time, but the gradual tolerance build up can sneak up on you and all of a sudden it just isn't what it was.

There are some forums out there which are dedicated purely to kratom and they might be a better place to look for this type of scheduling information as opposed to Bluelight where we just have this megathread and another on kratom for opioid withdrawal.

For me, Kratom has been a real life saver. After a ton of trial and error, I finally worked up a relatively easy method for making tea.

The trick is just using press n brew tea bags, works for leaf or powder. You can of course find these at any health food shop.

I place 1 tsp of powdered kratom in each bag, then press them closed with a hot iron.
Then I take 2 cups of water and place it into a saucepan, add enough lemon juice to cloud the water (couple capfuls maybe.) place that on low heat.
Let it simmer for around 20-25 minutes, stirring very often. You should be able to tell when it's good to go simply by the color of the liquid in the pot. After that it's as easy as scooping the tea bags out, and letting the liquid cool in a measuring cup or your preferred container.

The tea bags can be used to make another good batch, but I wouldn't push for three without using at least 1 fresh bag.

As far as taste goes, I've really started to enjoy it. At first it was awful, but with more trial and error I found a combo of things to mask it well enough. Honey, a little bit of sugar, and some light corn syrup if its handy really make it quite tasty.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Last edited:
I dont mind the taste of kratom tea at all , i dont have much experience with it only did kratom a couple of times (between 5-10 gram powder).

So far my experience have been mixed , i feel great for about 1 maybe 2 hours max then i feel slightly irritated for 2 hours almost like a coke comedown only much lighter.

i also found that it becomes harder to concentrate.
it helps with battling fatigue but a couple of times i find i am less rested the next day and feel like a lack of motivation (could be because of lack of eating while on kratom days).

Maybe its me but i think kratom is a bit to short acting for the amount you have to take to be beneficial.

^I enjoy the taste as well and have taken it mixed in a little apple sauce the last few times so I don't mind the amount one has to take.

I do occasionally notice a bit of the irritation plus headache compounded by the common eye wiggles, but a dose of codeine clears it all up and as I said it's rare. Usually occurs after a good clean experience, which usually occurs after 12+ hours since eating so that could be part of it.

I've tried "SEM" - it's pretty similar to UEI. I still prefer UEI though. Dunno why but UEI is superior over any other Kratom product on the market IMO. More high for the buck, and lasts longer.

UEI is superior. It is a completely different product than the other extracts which are mostly rip-offs and regular leaf is a better choice (this is a good rule apart from UEI). But it is also DRAMATICALLY different than regular Kratom powder. MANY times stronger and gives a much more intense high and is really more comparable to pharmaceutical opiates like hydrocodone, even the strongest ones when tolerance is low.

The problem with it is that it's so addictive and tolerance increases so fast. Seems to rise much faster than synthetic opiates (maybe because it's natural) and you might feel a difference in a matter of days rather than a matter of months. So you need to increase the dose all the time to feel it and UEI is not cheap in those quantities (like several grams a day). And it won't be that long before you reach the point where you barely feel it or only use it to keep withdrawals away and can end up waisting tons of money for nothing (which has happened to many).

This makes it not suited as an alternative to daily opiate use and should only be used when you can limit your use to once a week or just once in a while or for shorter periods. Stopping produces classic opiate withdrawals, though mild and with few physical symptomps, it's hard to deal with the 5 days or so of depression and cravings. The first 3 days seem the worst, but the cravings and PAWS can last for a long time, like all opiates are missed. It also seems to induce a very aggressive, almost psychotic state, which I haven't experienced with other opiates, which leaves me more passive.

Though I eventually found Loperamide to be totally helpful in erasing UEI withdrawal symptoms, especially high doses like 30 mg. And mixed with a good dose of Lyrica (at least 600 mgs) you can feel totally happy. Seems this would be a good combination for all opiate withdrawals, as both have been widely reported to have a good effect of their own, and Lyrica mixed with any kind of opiate is utter bliss. Seems like it can activate opiates that no longer work on you and let you feel them very strongly. Not quite sure how that works. Then again UEI would be useful for those daily opiate users on the days they run out of opiates, completely valid alternative, unless you have a mostrous habit. Few seems aware of this.

I found SEMD to be considerably weaker. It barely kept my withdrawals away when I was out of UEI once. I think the names cashes in on the reputation of UEI with less extract in it and is a bit misleading.

^I agree that there is something different about kratom w/d compared to classic opiate w/d. The flu-like symptoms from kratom are not nearly as severe as other opiates it seems, but there is additionally a sensation almost like quitting a benzodiazepine. IME, my agitation goes through the roof, I have constant tinnitus, and there is a really unpleasant headache sensation that is difficult to describe. This is from plain leaf, not from the extracts, but I expect them to be similar in withdrawal.

Super enhanced mang da is better. It has a better leaf and more extract. I was able to get a buzz off 1 capsule and I have a decent tolerance. I don't know there probably pretty close, but I sem can't be weaker. 1 cap gives a simutamious stimulating yet opiate high. Using it over and repeats doing wrecks the experience.

my friend is really into Kratom. we drank a lot the other day and I said I didn't feel it, but now that I look back, I got a mild warm n fuzzy. he insisted on boiling the water then adding the kratom but I am pretty sure it works better if you add the kratom to Tue water while it's boiling to extract active ingredients. BTW I missed u bluelight! went to jail and got clean. life's good.

How long were you "in" for? Good to have you back :) Yes kratom can be a nice buzz if you don't have a high opiate tolerance.

he insisted on boiling the water then adding the kratom but I am pretty sure it works better if you add the kratom to Tue water while it's boiling to extract active ingredients.
Better is 190proof methanol agitated and left to sit overnight.
Best is just eating the plant matter whole :D

/me waves to theotherside 26 times.

^Yeah 10-20 percent improved yield over ethanol or so from an extraction study I posted back a ways. link

Just don't drink it as is ;)

I've been experiementing with "Maeng Da" kratom, thought I'd share a little.

This morning I woke up and prepared 4 2g parachutes, and had ~1cup of tea from last night. Using grape-apple juice punch as a washer, I ate all 4 parachutes with little difficulty. The grape juice thickness also really helped get it down.

(sidenote: last night I tried just spooning some into my mouth and swish/washing it down with this juice. Between the coldness and thickness of it, it seemed to 'grab' the kratom and make it much easier to get down. I recommend trying thick juices like it.)

It's been a couple of hours since I ate the parachutes, and I'm feeling a mild buzz. I still prefer tea, but making it seemed impractical this morning. I'm going to finish what tea I had left over now, and take a puff or two of some good pot. I've found (like most others) that one or two puffs of cannabis really amplify the effects, its almost like I'm missing something if I don't use both at the same time.

While I haven't tried extractions/tinctures yet, I think I might try it on a small scale at first and see if I can do it correctly.

my friend is really into Kratom. we drank a lot the other day and I said I didn't feel it, but now that I look back, I got a mild warm n fuzzy. he insisted on boiling the water then adding the kratom but I am pretty sure it works better if you add the kratom to Tue water while it's boiling to extract active ingredients.

When I make my tea, I press the tea bags and just toss them in the water while its getting up to temp. I've tried it both ways, waiting til its boiling and just tossing it in, and to be honest I've noticed no real difference other than the perceived time it takes the water to start simmering. To each his own, though.

Last edited:
A little warning on the withdrawals of Kratom

Good Day! As I am finally over the hump of Kratom withdrawals, after the worst 48 hours of my life. I am an ex-opiate addict (was taking about 120mgs of hydro daily) for my back. Like a lot of people, I needed the pain meds. They really are effective at helping me have a productive life. I have had 2 back surgeries. and still have constant nerve pain. anyhow, enough background.

I used Kratom when I would run through my 30 day script in 10 days max. Towards the end of that habit, it would be more like 7 or 8 days. I detoxed from the hydro cold turkey, and it was not that bad. I had about 24 hours of misery, and was able to sleep with the help of MJ and Valium. I was back at work on Monday, feeling good. This lasted about a week, some Vicodins was offered, and I of course took them. This habit lasted about a year, and that is when I started using Kratom to fill the void of the meds. I was amazed with this plant. Absolutely ZERO, thats right, ZERO, nada withdrawals. Using 15 grams of leaf a day. I stayed on the leaf for about a year. Great tool for opiate detox.

It came time to end the pill habit, ordered some Kratom, and decided to try the FST (full spectrum tincture) and the expensive UEI. This stuff was amazing. The first time I noticed how good it was, I was hunting. I got the "nod" in the deer blind. I was like damn. A legal opiate substitution. Needless to say, I didn't see or kill a deer that day. and didn't care. That was about a year and a half ago. I have been using Kratom daily, in large amounts since them. I was a slave to the King.

I decided to take this weekend to detox, cold turkey. I was using aprox. 10 ml of FST daily (at approx $10 per ml) and roughly 1 gram of UEI a day. Basically, the mix of the 2 was the way for me to get the "nod". I abused that stuff like it was my job. I was a slave to the next shipment. If I didn't have a dose for like 6 hours, I could feel the WD's come on. I spent a small fortune to have every order rush shipped. This needed to stop. I picked the day, and didn't taper, as that just isn't my style. Wish it was, but it is not. Friday morning took my last dose of FST and Friday at 2pm was the last of the UEI. That postponed any major withdrawals till Friday @ 8:15pm. Sleep didn't happen. I would just sit on the couch and rock back and forth. I took a xanax @ 10pm, along with a triple dose of Valerian root extract. Still no sleep, but was extremely messed up. Sat comes around, and holy sh!t, it was the worst day in my world. Every cell in my body was screaming at me! I sauna'd about 4 times for 10 mins each (all I could take). My wife made me some veggie broth, she juiced some grapefruit, apples, ginger, and celery for me as well. That was nice to have the good nutrients entering my body.

I spent the better part of the day in the sauna or on the toilet. I ended up drinking a whole bottle of immodium AD. It didn't do anything for the withdrawals, but it did stop the bathroom trips. About 4pm, a buddy stopped by and gave me some Valium, and I took a bunch. Finally, got some sleep, 8 and a half hours. That took a lot of Valium. Today, after 48hours, I feel like I have turned the corner. And I am very happy right now. Yesterday, I would have done anything to have one more dose. Hopefully, That has past. I had a great support system in my wife, and I don't know if I could have done this alone. Kratom was my King, and it cost me a lot of pain and money. Down with the King, and on with my life.

Observations while on Kratom:
My sexlife was for crap. It made it impossible to cum. I don't like sawing logs if I can't cut through them, ya know.

My pain and energy levels were excellent. I had no pain, and could do a lot of manual labor.

At first, it was a great anti-anxiety and social drug. I felt like conversing for hours. Problem was, I would forget most of the conversations I had. Towards the end, I felt detached from people. I don't care much to hear about other peoples problems. I was forgetting everything. I wanted my life back, and I still want my life back! I hope this sticks!

In recap, after reading this thread, I wanted to let you all know that kratom is a wonderful tool for opiate detox, but please don't replace on addiction for another like I did.

I don't think the drug should be illegal because I abused it, and I hope someone can learn from my experience!

Have a good day all! I know I will soon!

whats up, so ive got to quit smoking weed for a while and have been looking into kratom for over a year but just smoked instead since i dont have to order weed with a credit card and shit.
So basically i wanna try this shit. Whats the best kind of kratom i can get for value <snip>
I really hope it will atleast get me as high as a dub of weed so like 4 or 5 times with little tolerance and like im kinda a big guy (240) so like would i have to take a hell of a lot or something?
I read someones post saying they took 4 2g parachutes, so is that adjusted for yo tolerance or is that like the standard dose?
Thanks and peace.

mod note: Price discussion is not allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Hey Treefa,

Kratom is not a hallucinogen like marijuana. It is an opioid and you will be completely clear headed just a little euphoric and possibly sedated/energized. The type is not that important as it is more to do with potency than anything else and you can always take more (to a point I guess). Straight plant matter is your best bet for value though.

I have somewhat of a tolerance to both kratom and standard opiates. When trying any new substance, it never hurts to start low and work your way up. You can't get sick off an under-dose.

^Hey Treefa,

Kratom is not a hallucinogen like marijuana. It is an opioid and you will be completely clear headed just a little euphoric and possibly sedated/energized. The type is not that important as it is more to do with potency than anything else and you can always take more (to a point I guess). Straight plant matter is your best bet for value though.

Yeah man i know, i love opiates, my only exp with them includes codeine, tramadol, hydrocodone, and...well i suppose thats it. And i fucking love all of em i have tried. I guess if i had the choice i would pic codeine over trams but them tramadols are some good fuckin shit idk why everybody is hating on em.
Hydros are good too, but too expensive(i prefer using only my prescribed drugs, besides weed and pills i find around the house lol)

I have somewhat of a tolerance to both kratom and standard opiates. When trying any new substance, it never hurts to start low and work your way up. You can't get sick off an under-dose.

Great advice. If you have the ability to keep it in check, you will be fine. If you can't, don't even try.

Status
Not open for further replies.