• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got some 5HTP pills - will they help?

If I feel ok by Monday my plan is to never reuse kratom - but the longest I've managed to stay off it in almost 6 years is 3 days.

^^Phenibut also helps too and low does of dxm

Phenibut helps with sleep and also improves your mood during WD. Just be careful with the Phenibut cause it has its own problems if abused.

A swig of cough syrup (DM = DXM) now and then in low doses seems to help too but not sure why.

DXM is derived from codeine.
While not having opioid activity of its own, this may account for its effect on other opioids (it also potentiates opiates, but I'm not sure why).

^DXM wasn't derived from codeine but rather discovered in a search for a less sedating/addicting cough suppressant as an alternative to codeine. Its a morphinan derivative.

Its efficacy for potentiation purposes are probably related to its NMDA-antagonism.

Anyone ever experienced this?

I'm a bit of a light-weight when it comes to opiates. I take Kratom about 1 - 2 times a week to take the edge off and relax. The strongest opiate I've ever tried is Hydrocodone - 40mg.

My kratom strain of choice is UEI, and usually a heaping teaspoon is just enough to get me where I wanna be.

Last Sunday I experimented to see if "more is better." I took a heaping tablespoon (3X the usual dose). Well, it ended up giving me a 12 hour sedating/euphoric high. The only negative side effect was a little nausea - I thought I might vomit once but it never happened.

My question to you guys is....have you ever had any hallucinations/"waking dreams" while on kratom? Because at any point during those 12 hours I could sit down, close my eyes and immediately I would experience these crazy weird images - almost dream-like. I was aware of everything around me so I wasn't asleep, but the images I were seeing were incredibly vivid - (people, animals, colors, flashes of light, etc) and if I didn't have anything to do that day, I would've just sat and watched the movie on the back of my eyelids all day. It was incredible. I've never had another experience like it. Has anyone else here had any experiences like this?

Needless to say I'm taking a week off of kratom -- I think it was too much. =D

Thanks for your suggestions.

I'm sitting here now feeling quite pleased with myself, I've done what I needed to do.

One more day until my next order arrives and I've still got a days worth of krat left.

Thanks Attempt4 some of your suggestions were execellent.

When I read threads about guys comin off stuff much harder and more powerful that krat, it really makes me feel pathetic about my own addiction.

I've withdrawn a few times, anixous, uncomfortable, shivers, restless legs, sleeplessness, depression, unable to concentrate / focus on doing stuff, flu like symptons, tired yet restless.
Yes... it's that typical "tired yet restless" thing (seems to be the case withdrawing from just about anything you're addicted to 8)). Feels like sh*t, but never kills you in the end... just feels really, seriously unpleasant.

Yes... it's that typical "tired yet restless" thing (seems to be the case withdrawing from just about anything you're addicted to 8)). Feels like sh*t, but never kills you in the end... just feels really, seriously unpleasant.

Yeah, the thought of it is always worse than the reality.

The thing that does me in is time passes so slowly - or is that what we addicts miss out on when on drugs because time flashes past when high, but when sober time slows down therefore we get more out of life sober cause each hour seems to last longer?

Anyways my krats due tomorrow and it feels like Christmas flippin eve!

Kratom withdrawal... i'm sorry but that just took all the fun out of this thread. It's Kratom, it's mild, it's fun. It's not somthing you should take everyday. If you need somthing around the clock take somthing that's more well known.

Hi, I have no experience with kratom. Can you really get a euphoric feeling similar to that of oxy or hydro? And if so, what is a dose size to get to this point in 500 mg capsules?

^ you have much to learn, young grasshopper.

It depends on what grade kratom you have to tell how much you need to take..

Yes, it can be put in capsules but you will need to take many of them..
The easiest way is a toss n' wash (just put the powder in your mouth and drink tons of water to wash it down).

And yes it can feel like oxycodone and hydrocodone to an extent.

I have a 00 capsule filler and each cap can hold around 600-700mg powder kratom if tampered well. IME.
I had a high opiate tolerance and needed a lot of those capsules per dose. But for you.. start at 4-5grams assuming you have mid grade kratom but it really depends on the kratom strength you have. See where you need to go from there by how you feel.

Last edited:
DIdn't read through all 20 pages yet, though I'm thinking I will.

It has definite psychedelic edge to it, esp at the higher doses. Im familiar with the (often pleasurable) CEVs that accompany morphine, hydromorphone, heroin, and the first few times I did it, oxycodone. This was psychdelic more in the sense of seeing ugly visuals when I closed my eyes. At other points I'd get that effect where, I'd come up with ideas that made no sense but seemed logical while I was lying down with eyes closed, but when I'd open my eyes I'd realize all the stuff racing through my mind was strange mental jibberish... another classic psych effect (for me at least). On a plus side, it also made me reconsider the path of my progression of drug abuse, in quite a negative light, emotionally not shattering in the sense that a 'true psychedelic' can bring out, but still a bit uncomfortable.

I am experimenting with lower doses now. I could see this being useful for amph withdrawal...the first bit when I get the sedating effects is nice for when I'd rather just relax a bit more in bed (without having to take gabaergics or expensive opioids). And then it has a fairly impressive stimulant kick, which annoying when I'm trying to sleep but may be useful for staying awake and getting shit done. And even more impressively, when its noradrenergic effects are predominant, my cravings for more powerful stimulants are gone (!)

However, this is not something I'd take every day as my liver tells me it's very harsh on it. disappointing, but I'm glad I checked this out.

Last edited:
I like how on my medium kratom dose, in between low stimulant only and high sedation only, the kratom will merely compliment my current state of mind. In effect if I want to chill out it relaxes me and if I then need to get up and get something done it energizes me. Magical!

However, this is not something I'd take every day as my liver tells me it's very harsh on it. disappointing, but I'm glad I checked this out.

I've read the anecdotal reports of hepatic complications (hepatic face is what was specifically mentioned), but I'm curious what specifically is telling you that you have an issue with your liver?

I like how on my medium kratom dose, in between low stimulant only and high sedation only, the kratom will merely compliment my current state of mind. In effect if I want to chill out it relaxes me and if I then need to get up and get something done it energizes me. Magical!

That's exactly what I aim for as well. When I took oxycodone regularly this is what I tried to aim for as well, but IMO kratom is much better at giving this mix of energy boost and mood enhancement that I so enjoy. I'd also say kratom is much less addicting, especially if plain leaf is used over a short period.

I've read the anecdotal reports of hepatic complications (hepatic face is what was specifically mentioned), but I'm curious what specifically is telling you that you have an issue with your liver?

From what I've read, only sparse anecdotal evidence suggests harm to the liver -- and this was in long time users of kratom on a daily basis (old-timers in Thailand that used it for much of their lives).

Couldn't be any worse than alcohol IMO. Think about it - kratom just contains a complex alkaloid whereas alcohol is an inherently destructive molecule - ie it kills living tissue on contact.

I think its possible the liver may require more time to metabolize the kratom alkaloids than most things you put down your throat, but I can't see kratom causing actual physical damage the way alcohol does.

hi! I´m interested in kratom experience, but the addiction risk scares me a bit. Is something like nicotine? I was a moderate smoker (10-12 cigs daily) for 9 years, 3 years ago I stopped successfully the horrible nicotine addiction. I have experience with weed, mushrooms, 2c-b, alcohol, nitrous oxide and benzodiacepines (valium and xanax), and only had problems with tobacco. With tobacco, I started to smoke only weekends, but tobacco DEMANDED me more and more doses even with this weekend consumption pattern. Kratom addiction works in the same manner? The opioids "reputation" concerns me a bit...

Kratom addiction varies from person; that being said you mentioned you have used benzodiazepines (valium) without issue. If you can do this, there is a very low chance for you to have addiction problems with kratom. Kratom is about on par with codeine for addiction for me, meaning I couldn't get addicted to either if I tried. Others have far more harsh experience but it still won't be near a real opiate habit or benzo withdrawal. I'd still err on the side of caution if you're prone to this sort of thing (being an addict).

Status
Not open for further replies.