• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
all this talk about easiest way to consume can be killed in one word: gelcaps

each 00 gelcap holds ~1g and they are cheap as shit.

While I'm detoxing from mdone. (my current dose is very low; it has no blocking effect and keeps me "well" for <8 hours), I experimented w/kratom. I first used the extract; although I will use only powder from now on, the extract did provide some pleasant, noticeable drowsiness. It felt a little like two tablets of Vicodin or Ty-3. As I struggle to avoid re-addicting myself to Opium during this detox, kratom provides a gentle respite, certainly more effective than valerian and/or Benadryl. Do any herbs enhance its soporific properties?

Kava and Krat can be a good combo.

Not herbs and probably already mentioned in this thread but, antacid, magnesium, grapefruit juice, lopermide can all strengthen the effect somewhat.

I just got 1g of "15x" Kratom.
Their site specifies that it's not actually 15x more potent than normal kratom, as that would be enough to kill somebody, but that it is the strongest on the market.
I'm intrigued.
I just took dxm yesterday, and will be going on a little road trip today to watch my friend play at an open mic night, but I'll let you guys know how 1 gram fares. I'll be eating it all at once, most likely capsuled.
Is there any better way to take it? Capsules are probably my best bet right?

I have no idea what size capsules I have. They're filled with valerian root, lol. I just empty them and fill with whatever I please.
Apparently 3 capsules is 1.59g of valerian. So I guess one capsule holds a third of that...

I use 00 capsules and they hold about .4-.5 of a gram for plain leaf. It depends on the density of the leaf and how much you want to pack in there. The best way to figure your dose out is to use a scale first and then cap up a known amount. I find I can also get more powdered kratom into a cap than the leafy stuff.

For ease of use and taste, nothing beats caps for me. I really don't know how people can handle the toss n wash lol.

For those with a capsule filling machine, is it worth it? does it save time and hassle?

I'm amazed at how well kratom has helped wean me off pods. I'm haven't jumped yet but getting closer. I've tried suboxone and methadone (not in a clinic just on my own)- subs felt horrible, 'done was better, but didn't want to jump to an even longer half life.

Here's my theory- Kratom has many alkaloids as does pod tea. Perhaps the alkaloids are similar and so my body gets tricked? This is just a half assed theory, what do you all think?

Safeguard yourself & all medicinal plants

Oh, don't throw out the valerian root! The products of this beneficial, mild, non-addictive plant are becoming harder to find, at least in N California health food stores. Any plant that can produce pleasure is surely harmful in this Puritan-founded country (unless the plant is fermented). Gather your seeds & search for affordable arable land, even in your own backyard. Some idiot is surely going to consume pounds of kratom & cause the banning of this mild gift from the Creator. I believe it was Galen who said, " All things are poison & nothing is w/out poison; it is the dose that determines if a thing is poisonous or not."

Valerian root does nothing for me. Smells of feet and no matter what dose I take it doesn't help me sleep.
Seems useless.

Im in Godamn withdrawals again, praying for a delivery tomorrow.

This sucks. I know how that is...

When you go out to your mailbox 25 times throughout the day, and curse furiously at it when you find it to be empty, this is when a person takes a step back and says to themselves "Self, we have a problem here."

This sucks. I know how that is...

When you go out to your mailbox 25 times throughout the day, and curse furiously at it when you find it to be empty, this is when a person takes a step back and says to themselves "Self, we have a problem here."

LOLOLOL. Yes indeed. Sad but true.

I believe that a lot of the withdrawal from any drug is mental. Once it breaks down your will power you're F'd. You get retrained so that when your body is trying to tell you it's stressed because it's hungry, tired or you need to pee it's misinterpreted by your brain as withdrawal stress/pain. This is where the power of belief comes in handy. If you can convince yourself you are strong enough, which I believe deep down everyone is, and really make yourself believe you're withdrawals won't be so bad it will considerably damper the pain. I use a fairly large dose of potent kratom (8g-14g) every 2-3 hours and I've gone a few days clean without too much trouble.

When you feel an intense craving figure out if you need to eat, rehydrate or use a restroom. Get outside and interact with people you enjoy and do things to distract yourself. like the little engine that could. Believe in your ability to be strong willed. Figure out an activity that you've been able to lose yourself in several times before. Like reading, snowboarding, playing music. I prefer anything that involves exercise, be it mental or physical, preferably both. If it's something I've been able to really lose myself in many times before it feels like my body is trained to easily get lost in even while feeling like shit.

To really believe strongly is to let yourself become a bit crazy. You would have to embrace a little insanity if trying to convince yourself you don't need sleep or food and so it is with drugs that have to your body, become just as important.

Try not to set specific times to make it too unless you're absolutely certain that's all you have to make it to. here's an example of why.
I worked three doubles in a row last year and had no time to go and get more H and so had to deal with two days of withdrawal from a half gram a day habit. the third double was on new years eve so my work was open till 1am.(lift operator). It was pissing rain and windy as shit and I had to work in it from 8-am till 1am. I completely forgot that we were open 3 hours later than usual I was sick and depressed but I had a strong mindset in place. I was going to make it till eleven without breaking down. i started closing procedures then called the other operator and he reminded me. I made it till eleven then my withdrawals got way worse. I was puking too much to work and I couldn't stand right.

I hope this helps someone. Cuz I know a lot of people are gonna try to call bullshit. But really this works. It won't take away all the withdrawal, but it's a lot easier and empowering to believe in your strength and courageously embrace your withdrawal while you wait for your cure than to whimper in fear of it. It's the only way I've made it through many days of moderately severe withdrawal while working a job that requires an enormous amount of manual labor while in temperatures ranging from 0*F to 35 windy and rainy. (windy with rain is way worse than snow. Sucks the life out of you and gives your soaked outdoor gear a lot more weight to carry.)

^^^ Thanks.

I'm 2 days away from withdrawl, I take krat every 2 hours have done for years. I cant order any until next Monday. I have 50g's left.

I've decided to go stay with my folks on Wednesay - figured changing my environment would help, going to stop smoking cigs at the same time, thought it would help to explain to my folks why I'm feeling crap and hide the kratom withdrawl, also my dad's got quite a stash of co-drydamol so I might be able to have a few of them.

How bad is the kratom withdrawal? , I've only had one experience with kratom which was bliss followed by hours of vomiting so I've never really used it again

I've withdrawn a few times, anixous, uncomfortable, shivers, restless legs, sleeplessness, depression, unable to concentrate / focus on doing stuff, flu like symptons, tired yet restless.

Nothing particulary nasty, just a nagging horrid uncomfortable experience that lasts about 4 days - with the depression lasting upto 14days ish.

Ragga ragga, I hate to say you're wrong, because there is a major mental component of addiction, that's true.
But opioids are physically addictive. They're roughly the same shape as endorphins.
By doing an opiate/oid for an extended period of time you effectively replace your endorphins with the substance.
When you stop introducing the substance your body takes time to begin producing endorphins again.
Until then you're endorphinless, so everything you do will cause pain. Without endorphins sitting, standing, walking, just being alive is painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.