• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll find with kratom the effects are not in a linear relationship with dosage so increasing the amount you are taking will not necessarily make you feel it even stronger. If two grams makes you feel like you just took a nice dose of hydrocodone I would definitely stick with that. Taking more might make you feel less, feel more energized/more sedated, and the most common symptom of taking more is feeling sick. Kratom is complex and less is more is truly something a lot of people find with it. I wouldn't recommend to go looking for a strong high on it as that's really not what it is best at nor even capable of.

i just read somewhere that kratom may either block or diminish the effects of other opiates slightly, anyone know if this is true?

Tbh it would explain why ive been needing 3x more oxy than usual to get a decent buzz.

^It increases the binding ability of other opiates actually or something similar, I don't have the article bookmarked, unfortunately. I know that I read this, however.

So it makes it harder for them to bind? Im confused.. what about taking a opiate with kratom, would that make the effects stronger?

^Taking the kratom first would help the second opioid work better.

Kratom has antagonist opiate alkaloids as well as nausea inducing crap so I'd think taking other opiates with kratom is more likely to ruin your other opiates than create a nice synergy. I have taken codeine several hours after kratom on a few occasions and have not noticed any interactions.

Argh, I will have to find the article I am thinking of. I usually bookmark this sort of thing...

Anyway, my anecdotal take on this is that it works well if you time the peak of the kratom to come at the same time as the peak of the second opiate. Taking it on the tail end of kratom really doesn't do much, but you may be a little sluggish from the kratom wearing off. I actually did this experiment just a week or so ago, taking 35mg oxycodone on two occasions, once with kratom directly before oxycodone and once after the peak of kratom had passed. On the occasion where the two peaked together the result was a good synergy, similar to taking a pharm opiate with pod tea. When the peak had passed, I just felt the oxycodone mildly and it was far less enjoyable. Anyway, this is one take on it until I find the article (if I do, I'm having trouble finding it with the terms I'm using)...

I ordered some 15x kratom extract and should get it momentarily.

From the research I've done, it would apparently be wise to take .5-2g as a first dose. What I want to know is the best dose if aiming for an "in-between" of sedation of stimulation. I read kratom is stimulative at low doses and sedative at higher doses - I want something in the middle.

Note that I have minimal opioid tolerance.

I started on kratom about 2 weeks ago, did it for a week straight and got amazing effects, but then i stopped and binged on oxy until now.

Will the oxy binge have put my tolerance to kratom up? I went from dosing 20mg to 80mg in a week, im thinking kratom wont work now? :\

^Yeah, that's probably a safe bet. It will have effects, they just likely won't be strong at all.

I started on kratom about 2 weeks ago, did it for a week straight and got amazing effects, but then i stopped and binged on oxy until now.

Will the oxy binge have put my tolerance to kratom up? I went from dosing 20mg to 80mg in a week, im thinking kratom wont work now? :\

Yup. You can overdo it on Kratom just like any other opiate. One good rule of thumb for Kratom (that works for me anyways) is only use it twice a week, and take a week off of it every 4-5 weeks. It helps keep the tolerance from building. This week is my off week. I last took Kratom Sunday, and this coming Sunday I'll be back on it. I've been fiending for it all day today, but I know if I take it it's a slippery slope, and after a little while it loses it's charm. A little self-restraint goes a long way.

Hey Pegasus - have you noticed any Kratom tolerance? And if not, how do you prevent it? About how often do you take it?

There is definitely a tolerance that builds. I just let my body go for a few weeks without kratom every so often to return to normal if I want to reset my tolerance or break any dependence (kratom or other). I find that as long as I don't use daily I don't develop too much of a tolerance. I prefer to use just the plain leaf for this reason: the extracts can easily raise tolerance.

So I got a decent buzz today, but nothing like 2 weeks ago. still pretty good though. I made my own enhanced kratom by taking my favorite kind and mixing in some pure alkaloids extract or 200x. The toss and wash method seems to work the best, but im tired of it. There's nothing worse then a dry clump of this stuff getting caught in your throat.

Is there any technique to make it go down smoother using the toss and wash? I don't like gel caps. Its hard to get it to dissolve in tea. Is it a better idea if I want to use a larger amount to maybe make tea and filter the powder out? Or is that going to waste it if not done right. I just need a new method... maybe a new tea recipe.

^

Parachute it. Just pour it on a piece of toilet paper, wrap it up good, toss it in your mouth and chug some water or juice and you're golden (might want take two or three smaller doses so you don't choke). I've been using this method for awhile now.

As for mixing kratom with other opiates- I've been using kratom and pod tea together. It works well. I take less pod tea than normal. There's a nice synergy. But I prefer to start feeling the speediness of the kratom, an hour in take the tea, then the sedation takes effect. I avoid nausea and headaches this way. But I have a long history with pods and a tolerance, don't know how this would effect someone with no tolerance.

Last edited:
^

Parachute it. Just pour it on a piece of toilet paper, wrap it up good, toss it in your mouth and chug some water or juice and you're golden (might want take two or three smaller doses so you don't choke). I've been using this method for awhile now.

Let your mouth fill with water first to make the parachute wet so it goes down your throat easier. ;) I'm able to get like 5g's at a time like this. Hell maybe even 6.

And the Tea is not nearly as strong.

Hi all, so I was wondering, cos I heard Kratom is not a real opiate..does it still bind to your opiate receptor? the reason I ask is because I go to a methadone clinic and I was wondering if I did kratom on methadone would it work? (considering methadone blocks the effects of heroin/oc/ect) Thanks in advance

i was in a car accident 3 weeks ago. i have been on a binge of shooting dope for bout 3 months. suddenly 1 day i ran out and couldnt get a ride to the city. i realized that my neck and back had been badly injured in the accident, the feeling of which was extremely amplified by the sickness. after getting my hands on a fuckton of XR morphine to stay well for a few days, i went to a chiropractor. he basically told me i had seriously fucked 2 vertebrae in my neck and 3 in the lower back. i have found morphine and suboxone here and there but nothing on the regular, so i have to spend about 2 days a week seriously sick.

just ordered kratom, i dont know why i didnt realize this earlier. its gonna save my life. a few years ago i ordered some when i was still in the honeymoon phase with oxy and morphine and had not yet been totally addicted and had not yet started shooting. i got some kratom and it made me nod hard while at the same time keeping my thoughts from nodding off too, if that makes sense, like my body was opiated but my mind was stimulated, such is the wonder of kratom. however it has almost no antidepressant/euphoric qualities whatsoever to me so im still gonna be an emotional wreck while trying to detox off this dope

JEbach, yes, kratom contains alkaloids that bind to the opioid receptors, and no, you're not going to feel a fucking thing from it if you're on MMT.

Yerg, Dang that sucks..well thanks for the response..I heard Kratom is not an opiate tho..that its like...fake..? is that true?

Last edited by a moderator:
^Kratom does possess opiate activity.

Also, drug testing questions are not allowed per the Bluelight rules, sorry man.

Status
Not open for further replies.