• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find Maeng da kratom far more euphoric and useful than poppy pod tea. Pod tea makes me feel pretty sick, while kratom feels much cleaner.

I have always used Bali, finding it cheapest and hearing it is the best over all effect, and more consistant in its effects.

However, I am an opiate addict at heart, and desire a most poppy/methadone feel. Can Maeng da kratom provide that?

^If you mean a stimulating opiate buzz, that's what you'll be getting with maeng da kratom. It's supposed to be one of the most stimulating of all the kratoms, if I'm not mistaken.

I brewed up 8 grams of maeng da and 7 grams 'super indo' earlier, did a line of k when it was kicked in. HO-LY shit! amaaazzzing body high, combo felt great.

How does that sound for a dose? ^I don't know how potent 'good' kratom should be, wondering how good this batch is.. my first attempt I mixed 5 grams of 'super green malaysian', 2 grams maeng da, and 3 grams 'super indo', and that was okay.. but left something to be desired. The second batch with 15 sure as hell did a nice job though. How does that sound?

I'm getting some 'bali' too I figure that will be the back bone of my final formula, sounds like it's the most balanced..

interesting stuff

Last edited:
^Probably not entirely, as the action of kratom is pretty complex. However, you're likely not going to feel anything as bupe is very strong. At doses of under 1mg bupe, you may be able to feel kratom well, but that still is a high dose of opiates!

It seems that people with higher tolerances can get some use from extracts though, such as UEI (Ultra Enhanced Indo, not a brand name, it means that it is an Indonesian strain enhanced with extract). I name UEI because it seems to be the most common among experienced kratom users, but there are other similar types of kratom that can be dosed at a higher level as well. The drawback to extracts are the price and the increased risk of addiction.

I'm experimenting today. I've cooked up 15 grams of super indo about three maybe four times now haha I'm just straining squeezing and rebrewing each time. Gonna get every active drop out of it. I'm writing a lot and actually feel like I'm accomplishing something today, feels good... I'm thinking I've been wasting product. Like you can only extract so much stuff into the water.. ah well, one step at a time. I'm totally in love with this stuff already though. I need to figure out the most efficient way to brew it

^Have you seen my extraction report compiled from a few studies I did several pages back.
Post 228

Basically using 80% methanol is by far your best option.

^nope had not seen that. Soo after you do all that what do you do, let the methanol evaporate away and end up with a gooey concentrate?

I've just been brewing and drinking haha I may kill myself if I get into something like that =p

I'm gonna use less material per batch from now on, I got 5 good pulls out of the 15 grams and felt the best in the middle of the experience, uplifted energized and productive, and not stressing out. As the dose rose I became more useless haha so I'm thinking 10 grams but brewed with a lot of water 2-3 times and reduced down might be good for me

^nope had not seen that. Soo after you do all that what do you do, let the methanol evaporate away and end up with a gooey concentrate?
I hadn't really thought about it. Probably acidify before filtration, and evap to collect the salt then store it in an ethanol tincture for dosing.

160 proof ethanol was second best behind methanol with about a fifth less extracted if I remember correctly.

anyone have experience with kratom + tramadol?
because i know they both have a lot more actions than just mu agonism.. so was wondering if the two together would be any good? i have already taken 200mg tramadol for some back pain, and if kratom will help boost its effects or give me a high than im all for it.. thoughts anyone?
BTW i don't need to worry about wasting kratom (i've got plenty to go around lol) so i may give it a shot for the hell of it.. i'd just like to hear anyone elses experiences of it since i got very little from searching, most results were kratom + full agonist, tramadol + full agonists and a shit load of threads on tramadol+ bupe (or maybe all the results i got were different pages from the same thread, I donno).. anyways

/rambling

what are some relaxing kratom strains?

I dont really like bali. Sunda is good but I cant get that right now. what are some others?

Kratom newb here with some quick questions.

I recently ordered some Bali kratom. I have a lot of past experience with opiates so I know what I'm getting into, but I have zero tolerance now as I haven't done them in about a year. I am 185 lbs. How many grams should I dose for a strong experience?

What is the general consensus on the best preparation method?

Would an MAOI or anything else potentate Kratom's effects?

Thanks!

Last edited:
^I'd start around 6-7 grams with Bali leaf... If you need more than that, increase slowly, maybe 0.5g per try. Kratom can upset your stomach if you take too much; the upset stomach from taking a little too much is much more tolerable than the upset stomach from taking way too much!

I recommend getting 000 size capsules and swallowing the leaf whole for maximum cost effectiveness... "Toss 'n wash" is another popular method, not right for some though...

White grapefruit does potentiate kratom as does cimetidine and the other standard 3A4 inhibitors.

^I'd start around 6-7 grams with Bali leaf... If you need more than that, increase slowly, maybe 0.5g per try. Kratom can upset your stomach if you take too much; the upset stomach from taking a little too much is much more tolerable than the upset stomach from taking way too much!

I recommend getting 000 size capsules and swallowing the leaf whole for maximum cost effectiveness... "Toss 'n wash" is another popular method, not right for some though...

White grapefruit does potentiate kratom as does cimetidine and the other standard 3A4 inhibitors.

I've done kratom twice before, and I never had any stomach issues. I forgot how much I took and what kind it was though. Do you think 6-7 grams powder will elicit a strong experience? I only ordered 2 oz so I don't want to waste it with small or weak doses.

So I don't need to make a tea for the Kratom to be active? I heard heat activates it?

I have some grapefruits :) Should I just eat one or two immediately before dosing? Thanks so much for the help.

^No problem! You want to eat or drink the grapefruit a bit before the kratom so that your stomach is not too acidic from the grapefruit. A small fatty snack or even an antacid will help neutralize the stomach. A fatty snack creates a good environment for absorbing opioids in general, but keep the snack small so the kratom still absorbs quickly... A full stomach will interfere with the absorption of kratom quite a bit.

It is tough to recommend an exact dose to take, but 7g seems reasonable based on what you're saying. 8g is what I personally use for most batches of bali kratom.

I'm on 55mg of methadone,have been for the past 3 weeks in an effort to stop my Oxy/opana use. I hate it! Anyone here ever used Kratom to help thru methadone withdrawals? Thanks!

I'm on 55mg of methadone,have been for the past 3 weeks in an effort to stop my Oxy/opana use. I hate it! Anyone here ever used Kratom to help thru methadone withdrawals? Thanks!

No, but I used mushrooms to end 5 years of alcohol/drug abuse. Technically I wasn't physically addicted to anything serious, just smoked weed daily, drank all the time, and indulged in hard drugs like coke/x/k/etc every week.

I took a 1/16 alone and just reflected on my life. After that night I stopped hanging out with all of my "friends." It was hard and I'm kind of lonely now, but I've been clean for over a year and a half. It's kind of hard to make new friends but I realized my old "friends" weren't real anyways...

^ great story man, i had a similar experience on musrhooms which made me feel like using any drug was unecessary and detrimental to my personal developement and well being. i stayed sober for 7 months after that but unfortunately went back to drugs then (turned 21 and started drinking and just went on from there) and got majorly addicted. no lessons are worth anything if you dont listen to them i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.