• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Some questions about the cut used for heroin. Sugar and coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inlakesh

Greenlighter
Got some stuff from some jerk who decided to cut it so heavily with brown sugar it smells more like brown sugar than acetic acid, it's a thick sticky sludge. The worst stuff I've ever seen. I know the best advice is going to be just throw it out and get something better.

But besides this terrible stuff I've been wondering in general just how harmful is injecting the sugar and brown sugar used to cut heroin?
What are the negative side effects?
Is there harm to the veins, and how bad?
What about the thickness of the sugar solution, how much does that matter?
If it's been cooked well and filtered carefully?
Does the sugar or anything else in the brown sugar negatively affect other organs of the body?

Also I got some stuff recently that was clearly cut with coffee. It was strong but after about 20 minutes it started to make me extremely sick. Hard to explain but it was an all over horrible sickness. Right off I guarantee it was Not cotton fever because it caused those exact same reactions every time to everyone who did it. The more that was used the worse the sickness.

Stabbing gut wrenching pain in the abdomen.
Crazy messed up heart beat.
All over intense malaise.
Terrible anxiety.
Terrible tension pain in the neck and back/shoulder area.
Weird dizziness and brain fog. (not from the heroin)
None of these are from the H itself I guarantee.
I seriously thought I was going to die.
Anyone heard of this kind of thing from coffee cut heroin?

In general I'm wondering about heroin cut with coffee.
What do they use, instant coffee?
Is it all water soluble?
How much bad reaction comes from IV of the caffeine itself?
What other bad stuff is in the coffee?
What harm and dangers are due specifically to the whole coffee cut thing?

Sorry if this is already been covered, I search Google and BL forum but found nothing. Thanks for the help.

I can't comment on the harmfulness of injecting these cuts but have you considered plugging the solution? Your ass has a higher bioavailability than your stomach when it comes to H and a fraction of the dangers associated with shooting this unknown shit.

IVing coffee is very risky. Here is a summary of what coffee contains:

Caffeine
This is why the world produces more than 16 billion pounds of coffee beans per year. It's actually an alkaloid plant toxin (like nicotine and cocaine), a bug killer that stimulates us by blocking neuroreceptors for the sleep chemical adenosine. The result: you, awake.

2-Ethylphenol
Creates a tarlike, medicinal odor in your morning wake-up. It's also a component of cockroach alarm pheromones, chemical signals that warn the colony of danger.

Quinic acid
Gives coffee its slightly sour flavor. On the plus side, it's one of the starter chemicals in the formulation of Tamiflu.

3,5 Dicaffeoylquinic acid
When scientists pretreat neurons with this acid in the lab, the cells are significantly (though not completely) protected from free-radical damage. Yup: Coffee is a good source of antioxidants.

Dimethyl disulfide
A product of roasting the green coffee bean, this compound is just at the threshold of detectability in brewed java. Good thing, too, as it's one of the compounds that gives human feces its odor.

Acetylmethylcarbinol
That rich, buttery taste in your daily jolt comes in part from this flammable yellow liquid, which helps give real butter its flavor and is a component of artificial flavoring in microwave popcorn.

Putrescine
Ever wonder what makes spoiled meat so poisonous? Here you go. Ptomaines like putrescine are produced when E. coli bacteria in the meat break down amino acids. Naturally present in coffee beans, it smells, as you might guess from the name, like Satan's outhouse.

Trigonelline
Chemically, it's a molecule of niacin with a methyl group attached. It breaks down into pyridines, which give coffee its sweet, earthy taste and also prevent the tooth-eating bacterium Streptococcus mutans from attaching to your teeth. Coffee fights the Cavity Creeps.

Niacin
Trigonelline is unstable above 160 degrees F; the methyl group detaches, unleashing the niacin—vitamin B3—into your cup. Two or three espressos can provide half your recommended daily allowance.

I know that both caffeine and niacin can be responsible for some of the effects you felt. Niacin can actually be quite dangerous when IV'd, resulting in heart palpitations and even circulatory collapse. I would strongly recommend not IVing any heroin cut with coffee.

As cane mentioned above, plugging is your best option with what you have.

^No, usually not. This is why it's good to stick to reliable sources, as fucked as it is.

Thanks for the coffee contents list dokomo. It's probably that junk that did it. I suspect the cutters think the painkilling and drugging effects of the dope will cover most negative side effects from any cut. Maybe to some degree, but it actually just makes the whole experience at best, less than it could be, or at worst, really hellish as above.

Yeah plugging would be best with that ultra sugar glob crap.

If anyone happens to know the details for the scientific/medical facts regarding the effects of I.V. sugar and brown sugar on the body. And same for coffee / instant coffee. Even better if there is a paper out there covering those details for most or all the usual cuts used for H, Western tar and Easter powder too. So if someone passes over this post and has that info it would be appreciated if you share. :)

Actually so far I've found it's very easy to tell if the H is cut with coffee.
It smells a lot like coffee (and vinegar of course).
It is extremely dark, no matter how diluted it is. Coffee cut H is just extremely dark, way more than any other tar I've seen, and it has a particular distinct color/shade. I suspect that is one of the reasons to cut with coffee, it makes it look more potent. Which is no way to actually tell potency. I've had some tar that is like ultra hard sugar candy. They got it hard as glass somehow. Very light tan color and very clear after cooking. That stuff was extremely potent.

Coffee H has an vicious tendency to bubble. Pulling it through the cotton for some reason causes frothy foam to build up to ridiculous degrees in the rig. Horrible side effect, horrible. Looks like I'm going to shoot a mini cappuccino.

After cooking and pulling through a cotton. Even if filtered 3 times. If the shot is made up a day ahead of time and left to sit overnight (yes there are bacterial dangers to letting a shot sit, but not so bad for 1 day and if it was cooked really hard which I always do). After sitting for a day, maybe less, some sort of very fine particulate material settles on the edge of the syringe shaft. So that if the rig is held up to the light and rolled one can see a line of pitch black material beside the lighter clear solution. Scary stuff, what is that stuff anyway? Nasty. Passes right through 3 meticulously careful cotton filter pulls, even with very tight hard cottons.

I've only seen coffee cut dope a few times though. Probably not all coffee cut dope has all of the above qualities, and maybe some is undetectable.

Also I got some stuff recently that was clearly cut with coffee. It was strong but after about 20 minutes it started to make me extremely sick.

I had the exact same shit happen to me. I could have sworn it was cut with extra bold supremo coffee straight from columbia. When I would shoot it, the first thing I would notice is an extreme increase in my heartrate, followed from the strange dizziness you mentioned.
So I thought "ok, maybe if I snort it, I can keep sickness away and not have a mssive panic attack..."
Nope! Same thing.

Sucks when it happens, but the best thing to do is get rid of it. From the research I did, I concluded that it was in fact cut with coffee. the damage caused by H cut with coffee can be significant depending on how frequently it's done, but all in all, you should be fine as long as you don't repeat buy from your current supplier.

I got mine in Texas. I'm wondering if you are south, because I did hear a rumor about a batch going bad down this way and so they used coffee to speed up the procccessss but I dunno.
Good luck!

Pacific Northwest here. Coffee tar seems rare here. The source for this chunk never did it that way before and hasn't done it since. Dunno what happened to make someone decide to suddenly try it that way.

Thanks for the coffee contents list dokomo. It's probably that junk that did it. I suspect the cutters think the painkilling and drugging effects of the dope will cover most negative side effects from any cut. Maybe to some degree, but it actually just makes the whole experience at best, less than it could be, or at worst, really hellish as above.

Yeah plugging would be best with that ultra sugar glob crap.

If anyone happens to know the details for the scientific/medical facts regarding the effects of I.V. sugar and brown sugar on the body. And same for coffee / instant coffee. Even better if there is a paper out there covering those details for most or all the usual cuts used for H, Western tar and Easter powder too. So if someone passes over this post and has that info it would be appreciated if you share. :)

Actually so far I've found it's very easy to tell if the H is cut with coffee.
It smells a lot like coffee (and vinegar of course).
It is extremely dark, no matter how diluted it is. Coffee cut H is just extremely dark, way more than any other tar I've seen, and it has a particular distinct color/shade. I suspect that is one of the reasons to cut with coffee, it makes it look more potent. Which is no way to actually tell potency. I've had some tar that is like ultra hard sugar candy. They got it hard as glass somehow. Very light tan color and very clear after cooking. That stuff was extremely potent.

Coffee H has an vicious tendency to bubble. Pulling it through the cotton for some reason causes frothy foam to build up to ridiculous degrees in the rig. Horrible side effect, horrible. Looks like I'm going to shoot a mini cappuccino.

After cooking and pulling through a cotton. Even if filtered 3 times. If the shot is made up a day ahead of time and left to sit overnight (yes there are bacterial dangers to letting a shot sit, but not so bad for 1 day and if it was cooked really hard which I always do). After sitting for a day, maybe less, some sort of very fine particulate material settles on the edge of the syringe shaft. So that if the rig is held up to the light and rolled one can see a line of pitch black material beside the lighter clear solution. Scary stuff, what is that stuff anyway? Nasty. Passes right through 3 meticulously careful cotton filter pulls, even with very tight hard cottons.

I've only seen coffee cut dope a few times though. Probably not all coffee cut dope has all of the above qualities, and maybe some is undetectable.

I can comment on the sugar question -

There isn't really a specific risk for IVing sugar or even brown sugar itself in pure or sterile forms.

The problem comes from the fact that heroin is far from sterile, and sugar makes it a veritable petri dish for bacteria to flourish. The only way this could possibly be made worse is by doing exactly what you mention above--prepping the shot and letting it sit overnight.

You're creating a sugar-filled, liquid media for bacteria to thrive in and then letting it multiply overnight. Only certain bacteria are vulnerable to heat and its long been known that cooking certainly does NOT sterilize a shot.

Everyone should be using micron filters anyway, but if there was ever a better reason to use them I can't think of it. Microns would significantly cut down the amount of bacteria in a shot.

All that said - shooting heroin cut with sugar, coffee or both is extremely dangerous for the reasons I've listed here and in my earlier post. Just imagine adding a crapload of bacteria from the sugar and all of the cardiovascular effects of IVing coffee and its contents--its really asking for trouble. I'd say just plug the stuff or get better product.

Status
Not open for further replies.