• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Long-term Phenibut Use

After 25 posts no one can produce a scientific study showing evidence of kidney or liver damage? I'm not saying it doesn't, but everyone telling everyone else it does, does not make it true.

For anyone with access to medical journals, can you please search for ANY studies on Phenibut :)

And 7g/day is ridiculous......

Search online and on pubmed, and If you have an article that particularly interests you, I can go check it at the local university library.

Yes I agree with that as someone said that just peoples telling or trusting their "feelings" of liver burning or urination problems or something like that as signs of toxicity to these organs doesn't tell nothing.

As far as I know liver doesn't has any pain receptors so you can't feel liver pains even if there is something going on.

Anway phenibut has been on use since 1960's and I think it would be a little miracle if it has liver or kidney toxicity and it hasn't been noticed in any studies or at clinical use. They have been given massive amounts of phenibut to rats and rabbits but no toxicity has been observed and LD50 is also high at 900mg/kg to mice so to eg. Me that would be a dose of about 90g.

I have been using phenibut for about year know and about last six months daily at 5g/day and every now and then 10g.

At that time my subjective feel of my health has gotten better. I have had very good appetite, have been gaining better records at my sport training, skin looks healthier to me etc. Would that be situation with liver toxic like alcohol after six months of daily use?

If it is going to hurt your liver you will loose your appetite, come yellow, extremely fatigued etc. But phenibut does all the oposite. And also it has been observed in some studies that phenibut lowers kidney artery (or some other kidney blood vessels) blood pressure and thus protects kidneys against high blood pressure wich is maybe the biggest damaging factor to kidneys longterm. Also phenibuts protects heart at part by acting as an antiarrythmic. Also might lower blood pressure wich also protects every single organ in your body especially kidneys and heart.

Oh and btw, I had blood tests few months ago when I had allready used pheni many months but nothing wrong with liver values. Tests was taken for another purpose though.

So I really kind of hate that when people are telling something is toxic for that and that and rumors spreads like plague withot any real evidence.

And don't mean to insult anyone so apologies if someone feels that way. Just my thoughts.