Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

D-amphetamine and citalopram-unexpected potentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangrz

Bluelighter
So some GP stuck me on SSRI's, well, I take one along with my dex, and holy christ, the dex is stronger! I had no desire to sleep or eat since yeserday, have MASSIVE mydrasis even in daylight and feel like a million bucks. The amp seems to be lasting about twice long and 1/3 more potent....so despite the small risk of serotonin toxidrome and seizures, I'm just enjoying spinning my head off.

i'm guessing enzyme inhibition by the ssri increasing amphetamine blood levels and half life? possibly the extra serotonin competing for MAO, slowing the catabolism of DA/NE?
Other theories?

(and I've done amp with harmala as well...call me stupid...but that was epic until turned sort of psychotic...whats next, methamp and phenelzine? :D)

I used to take Dexedrine with 5-HTP, and it made it a little better for sure. It added a mild psychedelic aspect that dexedrine alone can't produce, and some awesome emotions. It gave everything a futuristic bluish tint/bluish aura-type thing. :)

I'm not getting any psychedelia, just potentation and prolongation of psychomotor stimulant effects. Lower dose needed for effect that lasts longer. Hence my hypothesis regarding cyp2d6 and MAO.

it makes it more like an mdma/mephedrone type drug. i used to be a speed addict then went on citalopram but if i used speed once i was on citalopram it would blow me away with euphoria, gurning and what i would now describe (seeing as i hadn't used it before i had tried the citalopram/speed combo) as a mephedrone feel with colour enhancement and mega horniness.

I used to take Dexedrine with 5-HTP, and it made it a little better for sure. It added a mild psychedelic aspect that dexedrine alone can't produce, and some awesome emotions. It gave everything a futuristic bluish tint/bluish aura-type thing. :)

Wow, that sounds pretty cool. Sounds like some dreams I've had...

Status
Not open for further replies.