View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 25N-NBOMe Thread

http://isomerdesign.com/PiHKAL/explore.php?domain=pk&id=2422

the O=N=O at the left side of this pic seems odd to me

How can Nitrogen have 5 bonds - one to the carbon in the ring (two left over)
then 2 to each of the Oxygen Atoms, but only 3 available altogether.

Would the Oxygen Atoms not have to be -O-H instead of =O ?

love the pretty yellow paper.

edit:: I forgot, the oxygens can bind to each other but it is kind of a reactive energy field attempting a double bond each to the Nitrogen and then slapping back to each other.

pupnik you are right to be skeptical, but wrong about oxygens bonding to each other.

The N is double bonded to 1 oxygen, and a single bonded to another oxygen, as well as to the carbon it is attached to, so 4 bonds total. Because nitrogen has 5 valence electrons and (in this case 0 lone pairs, and 4 bonds (5-(0+4) it has a +1 charge. The single bonded oxygen has 6 valence electrons, and since it has 3 lone pairs, and 1 bond thats 6-(6+1)= a -1 charge.

You seem to be in the process of learning chemistry, so I advise you to google "formal charge", "nitro group" and "nitro group lewis structure" in that order.
Nitrogen can have more than 3 bonds, it just means that it will be charged (which it doesn't like), however since the net charge of the nitro functional group is zero (1+ (-1)) it is a stable group.

I love the website isomer design but it is not perfect, Also their l-LSD and l-Iso-LSD are switched up. thats huge imo!

If you're still confused, this picture should explain it:

320px-Nitro_group_resonance_structure.svg.png

The state of the nitro alternates quickly back and forth at an unimaginable rate. Just like other things can appear smeared out and fuzzy if they move too fast for the human eye, so we can interpret the nitro group as being half of any given time in one state and the other half of the time in the other state.
We can draw this situation as the alternating bonds having dotted lines (partial bonds). Like this:

236px-Nitro-group-2D.png

The image on the isomerdesign site either has too bold bonds and low resolution or they forgot to apply the bonds as dotted, but I think that is the explanation for why they put it there like that.

Last edited:
I can accept that, yet, it looks "reactive" i.e. like it wants help from the medium (water?) or a cooperative chelate

The unusual electronic configuration, especially conjugated systems and when the nitro is aromatic like here, does lead to excitation and emission of radiation which in the visible part of the spectrum means color. I am not really sure if the nitrate salt is needed to make 2C-N, DON and 25N yellow but I doubt it.
Nitro groups do tend to make compounds explosive, but that is because it is not extremely difficult to release the whole nitro group as NO2 which is a gas. When this reaction / conversion happens quickly and powders partially expand into a gas you can imagine the sudden expansion can be violent and indeed the former is what usually happens in an explosion.
Apart from that the nitro group itself is internally stabilized, especially if the aromatic system participates in electronic distribution. The nitro is electron withdrawing and the polarity could indeed result in H-bonds, like you say with a polar solvent like water if present and any metal cations might interact with the outer side of the nitro. Actually if there are enough participants those kinds of oxygens (likewise in phosphates or sulphate groups) can participate in coordination bonds.

But the explosive tendencies which are definitely not present in all nitro compounds by a long shot, are to be called "reactive" on a different order of magnitude than the mere tendency to form polar / semi ionic bonds. That part isn't really that special.

You are welcome to respond again, but I must point out this isn't really the place for further chemistry discussion since I doubt it appeals to all psychedelic nitro compound users. You are welcome to use the ADD / neuro and pharm forum on BL though.

This one took me a couple times to actually enjoy it. It isnt at all what I was expecting... I feel its perfect for going out and about, which is the opposite of how I feel on any other 25x. The first couple times I sat home and was prepared for a hard trip (1.4mg) and I didnt enjoy it. But when I took it at the 4th of july fair last year I had a blast, seemed like everything was perfect.. moving around and socializing felt awesome and seemed to make me trip harder. Needless to say I love going out on it, definitly a fun party drug (for me anyway)
With 25i/c/b I prefer to stay home and trip out either with a few close friends or with my gf. I feel uncomfortable around others (i being the eexception, on lower doses I can function well but prefer to be home)
All in all its a good chem, im glad I have it in my collection. Oh and yes it def does dye my paper like a rusy orange/yellow, I think thays pretty neat actually :)

Chemistry - one subject that SERIOUSLY intrigues me and I wish I could study the shit out of it, but holy fucking jesus is it a serious mindfuck. Just a handful of the posts in this thread are enough to turn my brains to jelly LOL

I've always wanted to try DON.. I think its popular in Russia, and there are a few old reports that make it sound awesome on bluelight but it was never really sold as an RC.

I wish someone would compare DON with 25N, it is not unheard of for NBOMe's to have small similarities with their DOX counterparts, at least they seem more like the DOX than like the 2C-X cousins. My point is that 25N could be a substitute for DON for a lack of the latter.

Idk bout don to compare too but,25n compared to the other nbomes its best hands down,visuals,bodyload,this one is a winner

I usually don't have time to post trip reports but I feel like I should post this report bc there is not much information on this NBOMe
I have had experiences with Marijuana, Shrooms, LSD, Methylone, 2C-e, 2C-p, 2-C-t2, 4-meo-mipt, MDMA, Amphetimines (many stimulants), 25i-NBOMe, 25c-NBOMe, Xanax, Klonopin, Nitrous, Pain, Spice, Ethylone, and 25n-NBOMe
and I don't take any medication like SSRIs or anything
I have had 25n-NBOMe around 4 to 5 times before this experience but Never this profound, oh and i must add this NBOMe is one of the cleanest in the family like 25c on body load but have Xanax on hand. But like every NBOMe you should wait 2 weeks before you trip if you want to have a mind blowing experience, which is how i had this one.
Ok so I popped 4 hits (around 1mg on each blotter) after i had taken a white Xanax bar and 2 shots of jack Daniels an hour earlier.
1:00am to 1:38am i held the botters in my mouth without swallowing for that entire time (round 40 mins) but had to take them out bc it was getting overwhelming and time distortion was absolutely insane, my brother had friends over that night so i had to stay in my room and go to crazy town, and at one point it was hard to see i literally there was egyptian like patterns flying everywhere, it was on of the most colorful and detailed trips i had ever experienced in my life. I was looking at the ceiling and it was colorful and filled with egyptain like patterns coming down at my face, tracers were insane shadows of myself when i walked looked like someone was behind me. so what i feel like is 6 hours i look at the time and it was only 3 O' Clock! I went to the bathroom and looked into the mirror and i have never had so many visuals in my life they were everywhere it was simply amazing, I then go outside to smoke a bowl with a friend and this guy had done this chemical many many many times but he's kinda socially awkward but a very nice and cool dude, but I have never had such an ego death from tripping so hard it was so hard to communicate with him and i thought i would get stuck like this and he was weird because of the chemical haha. So after he leaves (around 4) I take another half of a xanax bar and go back outside to look at the stars, this is where things got completely insane as im smoking the entire sky is filled with dragons (like a egyptain patterns) all connected in the sky it was so beautiful i was listening to pink floyd all night and it was a really deep trip especially the song Echoes, bc i had been going through alot of bad things in my life (3.5 year relationship gone to almost being throw out of my house and drug charges pending on me), But listing to pink floyd just made me literally cry tears of joy when i was seeing all this beauty, it was pure Ecstasy, this chemical was blissful like LSD and MDMA . I could still keep myself together mentally but thoughts raced through my head like crazy and it was hard to stay focused on one thing. But later around 5 i began to kinda get scared because i didn't know if it was bad to mix Xanax and NBOMes together eventhough i had done it many times in the past and never had a problem but i called some ppl kinda worried asking them if i should take them. But when i was on my back or leaning back it almost felt like i was puking in my mouth but i really don't know still if i was or not, so i start dry heaving but i think i was just tripping out really hard or maybe it was mixing the alcohol before, thats wat kinda worried me. I eventually chilled out bc i took another bar, in total of 2.5 xanax bars that night. Overall it was one of the most amazing, colorful, emotional, ego death ahah, and beautiful trip i have ever experienced in my entire life of doing research chemicals, I don't not think this chemical has gotten much credit and it should because it is very easy on your body and safer than other NBOMes I fell like, eventhough none are safe. I think i might just pop 3 next time hahah. I hope this helped anybody looking for information on this chemical. Be safe fellow psychonauts!! Please have more reports with this unique chemical.

You should add paragraphs (It's very straining on the eyes to read big walls of text) and clean it up a bit and post it in the TR section and maybe erowid as well, info on this chem is scarce. Thanks for taking the time to write a trip report :)

Wow sounds like a great trip! I've had this chem for a while now and yet to try it. Planing on starting with 1mg sometime soon. Seems like everyone is liking this moreso than 25B and 25C? (all my friends including myself love love 25B)

You should try it when you get chance man and please post a trip report because i would like to know how this chemical differs from 25b? Because i have yet to experience 25b, but i have always wanted tobc it seems awesome. Please share your experience whenever you get too. and i would suggest taking 2 because 1mg just never produced that magic to me, and if you have done 25b before then im pretty sure you will def be ok

Just had 1.75 mg mixed with 16 mg of 2C-E (2C-E added 2-3 hours after first dosing 1.05 of 25N.

The energy was still present as my report from about 6 years ago described, plenty of time was spent dancing to some aged dubstep from 6 years ago as well, was sort of a nostalgia thing I had going on for a bit.

The two combined nicely, was pretty lighthearted considering the 2C-E added in the mix usually takes things to more serious places. I could not stop laughing my ass off at things, nice glowing warmth.

I probably had 5 shots worth of whiskey with this combo as well, not to mention my prescriptions, bupropion, lorazepam and top that off with abilify.

Happy start to a new year, getting really fucking high and getting the giggles and dancing, can't say I want much more.

Visuals were a bit lacking but I am on anti-psychotics so I am not surprised, at least I got to feel what I felt.