• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl Transdermal Patches Best place?

ditto

Greenlighter
Where is the best place to put it, I'm on 25 mcg but use 50 mcg for Cronic Pain.
Where is the best place to put it to get the best effect of it?

The inner side of your arm has really good absorption compared to other areas of the body. No hair and very thin skin. There used to be a chart around here that compared absorption rates for different parts of the body, can't seem to find it.

He probably means the side that touches your body when your arms are at your sides. Never tried it but it makes sense

Will try that, any other way to abuse the patch?
Fentanyl Transedermal System.
From Mylan

Best location for most transdermal patches

Hey Everyone;

Been a lurker for a while and decided to join. I've worked in the pharma industry for over 15 years now working on the development of new medications (designing and running clinical trials, interpreting results, etc). I work for a company that manufacturers a popular opiate (not Purdue! lol).

The area of the body (on a male subject) that has the highest rate of absorption is the scrotum. It's about 30-40 times higher than other areas of the body. Obviously with the contractility of the tissue, you may run into issues with patches adhering but in general, topicals and patches are absorbed fastest there.

If there are any questions of a pharmaceutical nature, I'll try to chime in with my two cents (FWIW). As many of you suffer, I have had chronic DVTs for the past year secondary to a leg break and also had ischemic colitis due to a clot breaking free and blocking part of the blood supply to the colon. I've basically been on pain meds for the past year pretty consistently since my issue has become chronic with permanent damage to the main veins in the lower thigh and entire calf.

Best of luck...

Sinner

I always used to put mine on the right side of my chest, that seemed to work really well. I found it was best to rotate the areas when I would change patches. Arm and upper back. I wouldn't put it on your scrotum though... that just seems painful.

I put mine over my heart, first i take a hot shower and clean the area well with a shower towel, then i get out and dry the are and wipe it down with a small towel with alcohol to remove any dead skin I missed. Then let the area dry for a few mins then place the patch over my heart. I even use a heating pad, but i have a high opiate tolerance.

This works golden for me

My pain docs told me to put them on the upper part of the chest, best results.. i found it worked best there

Will try that, any other way to abuse the patch?
Fentanyl Transedermal System.
From Mylan

if you want to abuse it, cut it into strips and place in yer gum. under yer tongue there are a lot of blood vessels..

if you want to abuse it, cut it into strips and place in yer gum. under yer tongue there are a lot of blood vessels..

Yeah, that's good harm reduction advice - even hardened junkies with big habits have OD'd that way, let's tell greenlighters who are new to fent to go for the sub-lingual...:| ...rest in peace.

DO NOT STICK FENT PATCHES UNDER YOUR TONGUE.

And I'm not sure the scrotum, and 30 - 40 x better absorption, is such great advice, either, given the potency and dangers of fent. Upper inner arm works fine. You can't really do much but use the mylan patches as intended without taking risks that aren't worth it for an opiate buzz - and when someone's new to fent and may, for all his post says, be completely opiate-naive, 'stick it under your tongue' is really dangerous advice. The mylan patches are really only good for pain control and to prevent w/ds - and for killing people when abused.

If you need to ask questions about fent patches, you probably shouldn't abuse them: there are much safer opiates out there, like virtually any opiate you can think of.

SLAP IT ON YER NECK

Just kidding. In my experience it always worked fine slapping it on your lower back like you're supposed to. I guess if it is more effective you could put it on your arm, but i really don't understand how it could be