• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD(unknown high dose)-semi experienced- Waking up in a hospital bed

I don't understand how 5 doses are irresponsible when many have reported to having great experiences on 10 strips and thumbprints under a controlled situation. I believe my 5 doses were much more higher than 5 doses because of how intense the trip was and not because of my "underdeveloped brain".

The very few people who have experienced a thumbprint would ever describe it as a "great experience". It requires not only a lot more experience that a 17 year old can possible hold but a realisation that you come out of it a different person, for better or for worse. There is a reason you don't find crystal floating around society with no restrictions on it's use. Not trying to sound condescending but a high dose trip that attempts to achieve ego loss is best done in a private environment with at least 24 hrs free. Doing it at you parents home is just asking for trouble.

All tabs are not equal. In most parts of this world 100ug is the norm and any trip of 200ug is enough for most people to lose their shit. Around here I know no one who would willingly consume 10 tabs, quality control must be poor in your area if this is a normal dose. 1000ug is beyond a threshold that you can expect any sort of self control. A sober sitter would no doubt have been a good idea, even better your own home. Clock it up as a lesson that lsd should be respected and not abused.

The very few people who have experienced a thumbprint would ever describe it as a "great experience". It requires not only a lot more experience that a 17 year old can possible hold but a realisation that you come out of it a different person, for better or for worse. There is a reason you don't find crystal floating around society with no restrictions on it's use. Not trying to sound condescending but a high dose trip that attempts to achieve ego loss is best done in a private environment with at least 24 hrs free. Doing it at you parents home is just asking for trouble.

All tabs are not equal. In most parts of this world 100ug is the norm and any trip of 200ug is enough for most people to lose their shit. Around here I know no one who would willingly consume 10 tabs, quality control must be poor in your area if this is a normal dose. 1000ug is beyond a threshold that you can expect any sort of self control. A sober sitter would no doubt have been a good idea, even better your own home. Clock it up as a lesson that lsd should be respected and not abused.

Yes I certainly agree on the environment and the time I should have dedicated. I made mistakes and hopefully I learned them well enough not to repeat them. Is quality control with illegal drugs really ever good though? I've been in contact with many weak blotters to full blown hits like the ones I had. This is why I really wish to study pharmacology and synthesize my own stuff instead of relying on others. Too bad I'm just another 17 year old with only ambition filled goals.
;]

Jesus Christ, you're a prickly one! You were so busy taking umbrage that you missed the point of the post to which you replied. Stupid stunts like the one you pulled -- taking five tabs of acid of unknown potency (since, admittedly, dealers do hype their product and you couldn't know whether 210mcg was accurate) and then freaking the fuck out -- are EXACTLY the sort of thing which stigmatized acid and its users and led to it being illegalized. And then you went and took yet more acid a week later! You're behaving like a child with his hands in the cookie jar, unable to control your consumption or the consequences thereof.

It's just a stupid story until it occurs to someone right?
I thought it was implicit, but I'll state it directly. By no means am I preaching the evils of LSD. LSD is a beautiful drug when used properly and is still my favorite drug. This is only one account of a trip gone bad. I wish to give a perspective to those who plan to trip on high doses of LSD that there is a very real possibility of having unforeseen reactions. LSD is currently a schedule I drug anyway and it's not like it can get any more illegal than that, although such a story would be nice to use as a scare tactic for the general population.

Jesus Christ, you're a prickly one! You were so busy taking umbrage that you missed the point of the post to which you replied. Stupid stunts like the one you pulled -- taking five tabs of acid of unknown potency (since, admittedly, dealers do hype their product and you couldn't know whether 210mcg was accurate) and then freaking the fuck out -- are EXACTLY the sort of thing which stigmatized acid and its users and led to it being illegalized. And then you went and took yet more acid a week later! You're behaving like a child with his hands in the cookie jar, unable to control your consumption or the consequences thereof.

I see your point, but I don't think that is even close to being the major reason why LSD was criminalized. For e.g. MDMA was a very successful drug in psycho therapy before it was used widely in the rave scene: yet it was immediately classified as a schedule I drug once the government saw its increasing popularity. Please note that methamphetamine is classified as a schedule II drug even though meth has a worse social stigma than LSD. Can you explain how I'm behaving like a child by dropping acid the week after? I didn't do it to get "fucked up" or some bullshit like that. After I woke up from the experience I couldn't recall from memory a single damned thing what had happened. Literally, I only had the first hour or so in my memory with everything else a complete block. I thought my parents exaggerated many of the things. I wanted to see firsthand, so I thought that I would be able to recollect my memory by trying to regain the same state of mind as before. Although I still couldn't remember many things, somehow I was able to 'see' many of the things that had happened as if a broken tape was being replayed in my head of that night. I saw everything unfold by fragments in a chronological manner.I believe the LSD helped expose the memory that was somehow hidden. I understand if you think dropping acid again was irresponsible, but I did it because I wanted to see first hand if what I had been told was even remotely true.