• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids first time, are these pods ok?

donkeylips79

Greenlighter
just got these pods and im starting to question if there is a coating on them.
they did not say organic where i got them. please crack an egg of knowledge on my head.
they feel waxxy. taste a bit bitter and tingle. what are the brown specs? she did say they were PS but what do they look like?

DSC_0477.jpg

From the picture they look alright to me. They are supposed to feel a bit sticky or waxy when dried and as long as there is no obvious artificial coating on them, I'd go for it. I usually rinse and rub them under running water prior to boiling.

I don't know what the black specks are, but I've often seen them on pods. They're either a product of the natural decomposition that takes place before all water leaves the pods during drying or they can be a fungal residue. Regardless, I've never had any ill effects from consuming black speckled poppies.

Peace, 2onsmack

ok thanks for the reply. i was just a bit afraid because they wernt organic? should i get the organic next time? what does it mean when they are "organic"?

Those pods are perfectly good to go, I guarantee it!! the spots are a natural occurrence. I actually prefer the spotted ones. There appear to be absolutely no wax coatings or some such on those pods. You have nothing to worry about. Don't bother about organic pods myself. Never had em' that I know of. It's all the Same chit mang.

Organic is exactly what it would be for everything else, all natural, entirely. Before placing an order with any place I recommend asking a series of questions. You need to make sure that they are the right kind, make sure they don't have any pesticides on them, make sure they were dried naturally - not chemically or in a kiln, etc. etc. Once you know those things definitively, you should be alright. Oh, and those look good to me as well. Usually the black or brown spots are dried alkaloid spots, either oozed out and dried on the outside, or damaged and dried inside the walls of the plant. Have a good one. BE SAFE!!! Remember, these are SERIOUS and not to be played with. You can always have more later, but you can't really remove some from the equation once it's in play.

Thanks alot MACstar and twoonsmack. also thank you for the info mahatma. i was a bit frightened when my lower back started hurting with a low dose. i would say about 10 through out the day but now stomach is a bit tight and clenchy. i think mainly from the alks not any other chems.

oh also the place i got them in an email she said that the distributor she gets them from puts a thin coating on them to preserve them. but i think she may be mistaken.
also if soemone can tell me how to tell from the different kinds potent to weaker i would love it.

There is no real way to tell a difference in potency from just looking at them. This is why nodding off them is even more dangerous than doing heroin multiple times from the same batch. Each individual pod is going to surely vary in potency. They're fucking plants.

oh also the place i got them in an email she said that the distributor she gets them from puts a thin coating on them to preserve them. but i think she may be mistaken.
also if soemone can tell me how to tell from the different kinds potent to weaker i would love it.

A thin coating of what?

I don't recall any of my pods ever having that glisten on them either. I'd try to find out what the hell she coated them with.

I know that. I never used them for that purpose so I don't know what the hell they would coat them with and If i would want to eat that.

Cool. Just google "coating on poppy pods".

"I have some pods coming and they are coated with a spray to "preserve" them(is what the distributer said) is this coating toxic? do i have to remove this coating be for grinding them up for tea? how do i remove the coating? the coating is not a paint, it is just a clear coating used to preserve them is what they said. i think she said sulferic nitrate? but i cant ..."
^This is actually a post from here on Bluelight. Here's the google link: http://boardreader.com/thread/question_on_coating_on_florist_pods_b2moXbjh1.html

Keep in mind, what one vendor, or even one hundred are doing doesn't mean your vendor is, if anything.

Thanks but my pods never came coated so it's not of a concern to me. Though if i was the OP it is something I would of wanted to look into. Thanks for explaining how to use google though.

Lol, I just realized that. Thanks for keeping the spirit of bullshit alive.

^btw, the post you quoted was from a few days ago by the same guy who made THIS thread.

Cool. Just google "coating on poppy pods".

"I have some pods coming and they are coated with a spray to "preserve" them(is what the distributer said) is this coating toxic? do i have to remove this coating be for grinding them up for tea? how do i remove the coating? the coating is not a paint, it is just a clear coating used to preserve them is what they said. i think she said sulferic nitrate? but i cant ..."
^This is actually a post from here on Bluelight. Here's the google link: http://boardreader.com/thread/question_on_coating_on_florist_pods_b2moXbjh1.html

Keep in mind, what one vendor, or even one hundred are doing doesn't mean your vendor is, if anything.

that was my previous post befor the pods came in the mail.

Look good, also, organic and non organic makes no difference. Its the same DNA. Plus if grown organic the pesticides used would be ancient recipes untested by science so would contain worse things that non organic grown with tested pesticides.