View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dxm and euphoria

Joewenston

Bluelighter
1.Is it just me or is the euphoria only there at like first plateau? Last night i went mid 2nd plateau and smoked a like 3 hits from my bowl and the euphoria was like. cmpletely gone. Nothing had like any life to it am i the only one his happens tocuz i heard others claimin of euphoria in upper plateaus as well.

2.Also i kicked one my friends out last night cause he was annoying me. Now i normally wouldnt do this does dxm like effect your ability to process like peoples emotions?

3. Also anyone else get that weird chemical taste when you smoke after youre already tripping some. It always taste like metal or something whenever i smke weed on dxm haha its nasty..

1: I have noticed something similair. Tried to few times to be sure though.

3: Yes. Try and use a mint chewing gum or similair.

yeah i have noticed that but as soon as i stop peaking on higher doses ill have a very euphoric afterglow. So i think its still there.

Hrm. Third is often extremely euphoric for me, much more so than second. I *like* second but it's not "oh my god everything is feeling better and better as I rise through strange tall mountain ranges and cloudscapes and everything is completely peaceful and floaty and secure"...

But I'm one of the strange people who likes DXM a lot more than is typical. YMMV.

1.Is it just me or is the euphoria only there at like first plateau? Last night i went mid 2nd plateau and smoked a like 3 hits from my bowl and the euphoria was like. cmpletely gone. Nothing had like any life to it am i the only one his happens tocuz i heard others claimin of euphoria in upper plateaus as well.

2.Also i kicked one my friends out last night cause he was annoying me. Now i normally wouldnt do this does dxm like effect your ability to process like peoples emotions?

3. Also anyone else get that weird chemical taste when you smoke after youre already tripping some. It always taste like metal or something whenever i smke weed on dxm haha its nasty..

1) I would say yea, because at the higher plateu the sedative effects kicked in for me pretty hard.

2) DXM made me feel like my mood was on a slippery slope, one thing could make me feel a little upset and I could just go into this really sad place mentally. It was that way with all my emotions on DXM, not only sad feelings. I can understand doing something like this while on DXM.

3) Not sure about this one cause I never smoked while on DXM.

-djstrip

I know what you mean about the metallic taste. I get that too. At first I thought it was the weed i was smoking but even purp kush tasted the same. Those three hits probably bumped you into the third plateu which I find is is less euphoric than the second.

I find the max euphoria in higher doses, 700-1000mg. Psychedelic revelations cause the best euphoria.

Hrm. Third is often extremely euphoric for me, much more so than second. I *like* second but it's not "oh my god everything is feeling better and better as I rise through strange tall mountain ranges and cloudscapes and everything is completely peaceful and floaty and secure"...

But I'm one of the strange people who likes DXM a lot more than is typical. YMMV.

This. 1st plateau has some euphoria similar to rolling, 2nd plateau is usually terrible for me. I feel sick and shitty. 3rd plateau, however, is the most peaceful experience I've ever had.

1. for me it's the opposite effect, i usually have caffeine-like stimulation on the first plateau, and slight dissociation but no to little euphoria. second plateau is usually a mild - moderate euphoria, especially when peaking. third plateau for me is VERY sedating/dissociative and feels like a smooth, mild salvia trip with an amazing euphoria and an overall feeling of almost going under (being put to sleep in a hospital) and distorting of perceptions. so overall for me the higher the dose the more euphoria.

2. i always felt cold/irritable towards people whilst on dxm (i wanted to pop my neighbors ~6 year old sister lol) while some people reported ecstasy-like empathy.

3. never smoked pot on dxm and unfortunately i won't due to drug testing (i'm in a substance abuse program).

I absolutely love first plateau doses. In the future I may up the dosage to a second or third plateau but the first plateau is so nice I don't have much motivation to do it. The afterglow is amazing as well.

I completely understand this, DXM is... unlike anything in this world. But to the OP, I've never done a first plateau dose (DXM has too much potential for just that) but I have read many a thing talking about the euphoria disappearing at the second. In fact, If I'm not mistaken William White talks about it in the DXM FAQ. My first 3 or so trips ever were all 300 MG second plateau doses. I can remember... I'm gonna go make a thread about DXM experiences now.

1. I have found DXM euphoria to be a highly variable phenomenon. My first few trips were all very euphoric, but now the come-up is dysphoric and uncomfortable. If I peak hard and go through a lot of trouble, then the downslope becomes *very* euphoric and heavenly. Like being washed clean.

2. I think DXM puts to sleep a part of your brain that experiences emotions. This usually allows me to work through emotional issues in a detached way, which makes DXM a very useful tool. Viewing other people, however, becomes a strange experience. Everything is tinny and thin... false emotions people put on become readily apparent, but I don't get annoyed at them. If anything, I feel more at peace with people.

3. Ugh, yes. That nasty chemical taste. It's one of the things that disturbs me about DXM... It's like this heavy chemical your body has a hard time metabolizing. It seeps through your pores, into your saliva, permeates your being. To me it tastes/smells like burnt carpet.