Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Mephedrone)--Inexperienced--Ecstasy Lite

Lady Codone

Bluelighter
Today was my first time using mephedrone. Here's the recap:

Set: 5'1, 125 lbs., female. Good mood and well-rested. My daily drugs include low doses of poppy tea and propylhexedrine (Benzedrex), though no other drugs were consumed within the last 24 hours. Empty stomach.

Setting: At home with the fam. Day off. Nice evening; relaxed atmosphere. Putting up X-mas tree with my sister and chatting with mom.

Dosing: Tested a tiny dose on the tongue to check for allergies or hypersensitivities. All appeared fine, so I took a nap and dosed upon waking. Took a very small amount from a 1 gram bag and dissolved it in some water, drinking it slowly over 30 minutes or so. Also licked some off my finger, which resulted in some strange throat sensations. Looked, smelled and tasted a lot like that "Twang" lime salt we all ate as kids: Tiny sparkly crystals making up an off-white powder that sticks together in the baggie.
Estimated dose: 50-75 mg. (but possibly less).

Effects: Vastly increased energy 5 minutes after swallowing it. Ate a large meal and felt no fatigue afterward, which is not the norm for me. Felt like I was chewing extremely fast and couldn't stop talking. Mild visual changes like I get with all drugs. Music sounds especially nice, similar to ecstasy. Feeling very euphoric but not as mind-fucked as with MDMA. Find myself saying things I normally would not and being a bit too "open", but nothing too serious. Start coming down after about 1.5 hours and wait about an hour before redosing.

Second Dose: Small oral dose followed by an equally tiny intranasal hit. A sip of poppy tea to prevent withdrawals (stupid physical addiction :)). Snorting results in some discomfort, followed by a bitter-tasting postnasal drip.
Estimated dose: 25 mg. orally, 40 mg. nasally.

Effects: More pronounced, with greatly increased energy, stronger euphoria/talkativeness and jaw clenching (not as bad as propylhexedrine). By now I'm feeling a bit warm, so I remove my jacket and feel better. Palms of the hands are pinkish-red like on MDMA and circulation feels improved compared to normal (hands and feet are always cold and pale/blue-ish, especially after caffeine or propylhexedrine). Find myself periodically checking my knees for purple splotches, which seem to be absent. Frequency of urination is increased somewhat like with other stims, but could be due to increased water intake.

Conclusion: Mephedrone in low doses feels similar to MDMA in several ways: music appreciation, red hands/body warmth, euphoria, talkativeness/openness and random tingles on the skin. Meph seems to cause slightly stronger stimulation than MDMA, similar to what I'd imagine cocaine would feel like. It is shorter acting and easier to function on mentally, making it good for chill nights at home with friends or small get togethers as opposed to raves or festivals.

My main concern was circulatory trouble, which didn't seem too prominent. Vasoconstriction is definitely not as noticeable at this dose as with propylhexedrine, my stimulant of choice. Even caffeine causes more of a poor circulation feeling than mephedrone, though I imagine high doses could get pretty unpredictable. I suggest not mixing it with any other stimulants, including nicotine or caffeine, until more is known about its circulatory risks.

I see myself using this for special occasions like family holidays, parties and vacations. I understand the addiction risks of 4-mmc, but find my regular drug menu better suited for daily functioning and don't intend to abuse it.

Hope this was helpful for curious would-be users. I'll be sure to follow up with any comedown/aftershock symptoms, though things are looking alright for now.

(The repeated comparisons to MDMA in this report are for those curious about how meph measures up to more common drugs. It is not intended to promote 4-mmc as an MDMA substitute. I realize the risks of eyeballing doses, which is why I aimed on the conservative side. No lectures about this please. Plenty of research was conducted beforehand).

Looks like you managed to get some without me :(

Decent report, in my humble opinion (and i'm 5'10" 130lbs), you might not of hit that "sweet spot". Some may consider this reckless (but all your meph-heads know what i'm saying here), but you should try parachuting around 200-275mg and snorting about 75-100mg on the come-up.
I guarantee it'll bring you from your + to a definite ++... maybe even a +++ (whaaa?! no way! maybe :D).

Mephedrone's downfall is, of course, it's short-duration... it's almost got something magical, but the duration (or lack of) just ruins it... plus the after-effects from large(ish) doses tends to bring out more negative side-effects (as with anything). But i think the side-effects are worth it as long as you don't re-dose massive amounts orally.

I will say i've binged three days in a row on mephedrone and never had the "purple-knees meph syndrome" but vaso-constriction becomes very apparent after the high wears off... damn metabolites.

Now i'm rambling... i'm drunk.

Good report! Hope you get to play with the chemical in stronger doses.

I'm surprised you got such effects from such small amounts assuming you have an amphetamine tolerance due to your daily use of propylhexedrine. Those kind of amounts don't do much for me and i wouldn't say I have any amp tolerance to speak of. Then again, I don't know if amps and cats have cross tolerance. However 100mg insufflated is freakin' awesome for me. 250mg orally is amazing as well. Exactly as he said, 200-250mg orally, and then 75-100mg insufflated upon come up.

Just go easy with it, don't abuse it, and it will play nice.

hmh , i dont like Mephedrone at all.
it was on saturday night, i didnt expect to take anything , but my friends had so ...
i already drunk 5/6 beers and than i snorted one line
( it was too big cause i was doing it when i was kinda drunk ) and swallowed 2 bombs .
after about 6h i took more cause the effect wasnt strong enough for me
(maybe because i was taking amphetamine in very large doses and this was nothing 4 me ) so i took another line and again 2 bombs.
yes it did make me feel the music much better etc ,
but i didnt move much , i mean it didnt give me energy to walk ,
i just wanted to sit and all i did was starring at the wall
after about 5 h i wanted to get higher cause i wasnt quiet happy with the trip
so i snorted another 2 lines and took 3/4 bombs
after that i had a good trip i stared at the wall and i saw warms on it lol,
but still someting was missing , it was like ,i had hallucinations and all that sh!t but it wasnt great .
so to cheer up , i started to snort amphetamine for the next 2 days
cause party was 3 days , only than i was happy :D
but the comedown was ....i layed down n i saw laptop on me , on beer cans was written - sleeping pills, animals were coming to me , warms were on the duvet and spider walking on my arms
sorry about any spellings , cause im not english

at least u dont need very large doses(thats great) , cause i do

^ your meph must have been shit. decent meph will make you feel very stimulated and fucking amazing. pre-ban meph was awesome, sadly i can find no meph of the same quality anywhere anymore. used to end up getting drunk and sniffing up half a G over the night, never felt so good in all my life. eventually started to get horrendous come downs though. all the meph around here is shit, dunno why i still waste my time, money and health with it tbh

^ your meph must have been shit. decent meph will make you feel very stimulated and fucking amazing. pre-ban meph was awesome, sadly i can find no meph of the same quality anywhere anymore. used to end up getting drunk and sniffing up half a G over the night, never felt so good in all my life. eventually started to get horrendous come downs though. all the meph around here is shit, dunno why i still waste my time, money and health with it tbh

true , thats y it was my first and last tym with meph

everybody wanted to get me to sleep cause i was awake for more than 60 h .
friend came in to the room with beer ,as i mentioned before i saw -sleeping pills written on it- and i started to say to him in very angry voice there is no way im goin 2 take those pills , u all %$^£%$ are tryin to get me to sleep
so it was a very funny one comedown , cause i mixed it up with amph and weed :D

anyways better dont take it anymore its waste of money . :)

Your mephedrone, even compared to these days, must of be REALLY REALLY SHITTY.
One bomb of 250mg and a rail on the come-up will give you euphoria unlike most anything. Only thing i've taken that tops it is MDMA.

Your mephedrone, even compared to these days, must of be REALLY REALLY SHITTY.
One bomb of 250mg and a rail on the come-up will give you euphoria unlike most anything. Only thing i've taken that tops it is MDMA.

yea , i took it cause i thought im goin 2 have very good trip , cause lots of ppl like meph , but i guess u cant find a good one anywhere

Thanks for the feedback!

...sorry, Cface, but all the talk of mephedrone made me giddy to try it!

As with most drugs, it doesn't take much meph to get me feeling good. I tried snorting a bit today before Thanksgiving dinner (only slightly more than the first snort) and ended up setting my nose/throat on FIRE. Can't imagine how people snort lines of the stuff. Anyway, the only side effects that I noticed were a slight mental dulling (difficulty with memory) and insomnia when attempting to nap...all the euphoria from before was still intact.

After using propylhex for so long, I welcome the shorter duration of 4-mmc. It doesn't appear to be useful for creativity or self-analysis due to its weird effects on cognition, but has great potential as a confidence-boosting, shyness banishing, feel-good party chemical of the 2010s...provided it doesn't suffer the fate of the JWHs :(

Thanks for the feedback!

...sorry, Cface, but all the talk of mephedrone made me giddy to try it!

As with most drugs, it doesn't take much meph to get me feeling good. I tried snorting a bit today before Thanksgiving dinner (only slightly more than the first snort) and ended up setting my nose/throat on FIRE. Can't imagine how people snort lines of the stuff. Anyway, the only side effects that I noticed were a slight mental dulling (difficulty with memory) and insomnia when attempting to nap...all the euphoria from before was still intact.

After using propylhex for so long, I welcome the shorter duration of 4-mmc. It doesn't appear to be useful for creativity or self-analysis due to its weird effects on cognition, but has great potential as a confidence-boosting, shyness banishing, feel-good party chemical of the 2010s...provided it doesn't suffer the fate of the JWHs :(

That's the problem, you probably didn't snort enough. If you snort ~100mg, you will start feeling the effects within seconds, and a full on rush within a minute or two, so any burn that is there literally diminishes within seconds. This way, whether it's actually burning or not, you really don't care at that point. :p

Update:

After using the drug daily in small amounts (been a little less than 2 weeks and still haven't finished the gram), I've decided the side effects are not worth the good feelings...at least for me.

I've been having serious stomach troubles--rumbling, intense pain, diarrhea--since starting mephedrone, and today they were accompanied by chest pain unlike any I've felt before, unstoppable bleeding from both nostrils and shortness of breath. I've had pleurisy/gas-type chest pains before and this WASN'T that. It comes and goes lately, but I figured it was just anxiety or my imagination...now I can't ignore it. When this was at it's worst, my chest was covered in red splotches, so I checked my knees and they were noticeably red too. (I asked someone just to make sure.) My body was freezing at the time.

I've noticed the side effects are at their worst when the drug has worn off. No idea why. Maybe I'm just sensitive to 4-mmc, because I haven't mixed it with anything else. I so wanted this to be good for me because it FEELS so good, but I'm gonna have to find something else a little less risky it seems. (Methylone?) Similar drugs I've tried include MDMA, MDMA + amphetamine, propylhexedrine, ephedra, coca and cocaine...none of which caused me any heart problems other than rapid heartbeat. This chest pain was wholly unique and very scary.

...and yes, I realize I abused it by taking it daily, though I've seen reports of people blowing through several grams in a week. I've never taken more than 100 mg. in one sitting, probably less. Not trying to warn against it or put it down, but I truly feel like it's not good for my heart. With the lack of info about mephedrone, it's important that everyone report their experiences--good or bad--and this is mine. Take it for what you will.

Ive heard of irreversible heart damage occuring from mephedrone abuse (should be easy to find). I was once on the verge of trying it, but never got around to it. But Ive been having weird heart beats, some red splotches her and there, and the purple knees & elbows. After a while I got it with most drugs, like my body was completely depleted and even a cigarette or a hit of weed caused physical problems. My chest hurts half of the time, and my heartbeat becomes weak and wobbly yet rapid several times a day, if not many. Now it takes more drugs to cause these symptoms, awesome.

Sorry if Im rambling, Im always drunk whether Ive consumed alcohol or not.

Careful guys, after being a naive meph-head for a few months, I reached the stage of not caring anymore and could not stop myself constantly redosing. After binging on it for a few days in march i was diagnosed with the following disorders, bearing in mind that before I touched meph i was completley mentally and pysically healthy:
Panic disorder
Severe anxiety
PTSD
Psycosis (was nearly sectioned)
Agraphobia

which led to severe alcoholism which I have only just conquered.

Yes everyones different and I did take a fuckload of it but do not underestimate this drug, i find it the most addictive hands down by far.

Careful guys, after being a naive meph-head for a few months, I reached the stage of not caring anymore and could not stop myself constantly redosing. After binging on it for a few days in march i was diagnosed with the following disorders, bearing in mind that before I touched meph i was completley mentally and pysically healthy:
Panic disorder
Severe anxiety
PTSD
Psycosis (was nearly sectioned)
Agraphobia

which led to severe alcoholism which I have only just conquered.

Yes everyones different and I did take a fuckload of it but do not underestimate this drug, i find it the most addictive hands down by far.

No doubt, its just as addictive as coke.

Yikes. Just found the article about acute myocarditis in a young user with no other drugs in his system or previous health conditions. Granted, he ingested a gram in a short period of time, but that's enough to put me off it, probably forever.

Just ordered a gram of methylone, which I'm planning to use much more conservatively. Will write up a report when it happens.

I have been playing w/ Meph since July. First thing is knowing that the crystals are LOTS STRONGER than the white powder. White powder advantage is that it's lots more nose friendly than ground crystals. When I do bombs, I don't get a fiendish craving, even if I do bumps now in then. If I just snort it, I will turn into a fiend and snort every last bit of Meph I can get my hands on. Its extremely more-ish.

I think it's a lot like MDMA except I don't feel as strong a desire to touch and be touched, though it still feels pretty good.

Decided to finish this gram and avoid meph for a long, long time (if not forever). Just ordered a gram of methylone, which is still a research chemical w/ unknown risks but slightly less addictive/harsh/stimulating.