Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Feds Move to ban "Fake Pot"

yeah I can't say I really care much at all
but I bet the high school kids will

yeah I can't say I really care much at all
but I bet the high school kids will

Jaded much?

Its not the compound's fault - its the fact that these blends contain mixtures of them and then don't list what ones are in each one.

Some JWH's like 018, for example, are bad for people that have panic attacks. Well certain strains of weed are too so are you all for prohibiting weed on that basis?

Different JWH compounds are just like different strains of weed IMO.

In any case, the scientific community is going to be in a huge uproar over this as there is legitimate research going into these compounds so I don't expect the DEA to succeed in permanently scheduling any of them into Schedule I except for 018.

Wonderful. I hope all you careless dope-head wannabes are proud of yourselves. You blazed the stuff like it was no big deal, toked your way to the fricken hospital while family and friends watched in horror. And now it's being banned at the federal level.

For some of us it was a welcome alternative to the real thing: an uplifting antidepressant with a lower risk of psychosis than cannabis. But a few of you had to misunderstand what you had in your hands. You shouldn't play with your own brains without understanding the dangers. Well, obviously some of you do, and now we all suffer. Thanks. You've ruined a good thing for the rest of us. )c:<

Now people are just going to switch to other JHW's or to WIN's or to regular weed. I don't get it. Its a fucking shell game. It seems like the feds are trying to push people towards other substances.

I'm bummed, I thoroughly enjoy legally buying stuff from a headshop that gets me baked. Its convenient, it works and its easy to get. But I suppose as long as seed banks are operating and people are creating new drugs it doesn't really matter
...besides wasting a fuck ton of resources and ruining the lives of thousands.

How anyone in this community can be pro-illegalization is a mystery to me.

It's not like the DEA is saying they'll ban cannabinoids and also unschedule cannabis or other safer drugs. These sorts of actions serve only to quell debate, freedom, research, etc. How on Earth can any of you support this?

Do supporters of illigalization just like incarcerating their fellow citizens?

What possible good can come from this?

Shame.

I realized that blends, and spice and all this fake weed is HUGE throughout the country especially with teens, but not really much in Cali at all, or places where [good] weed is readily available.

is this immediately effective?
LIke its illegal to buy jwh 018 in any state now?

The original article states that the ban won't be effective for another 30 days. For those of us who enjoy these compounds, it's a window of limited opportunity to stock up.

Not sure what this will really achieve as there are already plenty of new products that are already being sold as 'JWH Free' before the ban ... K2 Sky, Magic Gold, K2 Sex, Tai High Gold etc

At least we might see some proper studies done though.

Plenty of them will still be legal.

I'll miss 073 and 018 but I'll survive ;)

I have to admit though, the posters in this thread you support scheduling -- fuck you guys.

The only synthetics even exist is because cannabis is illegal.

I don't understand how anyone can think the government has any place in telling the citizen what they can put into their bodies.

Wonderful. I hope all you careless dope-head wannabes are proud of yourselves. You blazed the stuff like it was no big deal, toked your way to the fricken hospital while family and friends watched in horror. And now it's being banned at the federal level.
yeah, blame the druggies...

if this was proven to extend our lifespan 200%, reduce cancer risk, promote healthy diet and lifestyle... it'd still have been banned.

wake up. society itself is in a sick anti-"narcotic" rage

Not sure what this will really achieve as there are already plenty of new products that are already being sold as 'JWH Free' before the ban ... K2 Sky, Magic Gold, K2 Sex, Tai High Gold etc

At least we might see some proper studies done though.
illegalization effectively halts any sort of "proper study" on the chemical, sends the chemical and its problems underground and out of sight, and allows myths/rumors/idiotic thinking to define the drug

I didn't want to give the worng impression, sorry fi my posts were misleading, I'm all for banning the various spice blends on the reasoning that they are not properly marked as to what they contain, they are not consistent one batch to another, the cannabinoids themselves are sketchy. I'm not saying the cannabinoids are all useless, but, there's not been enough research done on them.

I've read one too many bad trip reports from various JWH series chems.

Where as I've been smoking weed, different strains for years, and others have for many years longer than myself. So I feel comfortable using this drug be it legal or illegal.

If I knew multiple who had ben smoking 018 or 073 for say 5 years in some regulated manner (not a blend they bought from the corner shop) with no ill effects then I'd feel a lot better about them.

I realize that illegalization hinders the medical research progress, but it can also prevent harm to those who use the drugs recklessly. I don't feel that the synth-cannabinoids are inherently bad but those who choose to use them need to be a bit more educated about how to use them safely.

Sure some people have bad experiences with weed but from sheer quantity of bad trip reports from these synth-cannabinoids it looks like its far easier to have a bad experience as they aren't standardized, many people don't use accurate scales, vendors can be less than trustworthy, etc.