• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Feds Move to ban "Fake Pot"

I've smoked this stuff before, it is identical to weed in its effects however i found that after hitting a tiny bowl of this stuff you are literally on planet neptune after 4 minutes. The high feels very dirty and chemical unlike the placid high you receive off of smoking marijuana. I also found this stuff very trippy. After smoking a certain amount of this stuff, you will begin to hallucinate and see objects, people that aren't really there and a mild form of dissociation. I would not substitute this stuff for weed, EVER. Nothing beats the real thing.

my first time here pls bear with me

I didn't want to give the worng impression, sorry fi my posts were misleading, I'm all for banning the various spice blends on the reasoning that they are not properly marked as to what they contain, they are not consistent one batch to another, the cannabinoids themselves are sketchy. I'm not saying the cannabinoids are all useless, but, there's not been enough research done on them.

I've read one too many bad trip reports from various JWH series chems.

Where as I've been smoking weed, different strains for years, and others have for many years longer than myself. So I feel comfortable using this drug be it legal or illegal.

If I knew multiple who had ben smoking 018 or 073 for say 5 years in some regulated manner (not a blend they bought from the corner shop) with no ill effects then I'd feel a lot better about them.

I realize that illegalization hinders the medical research progress, but it can also prevent harm to those who use the drugs recklessly. I don't feel that the synth-cannabinoids are inherently bad but those who choose to use them need to be a bit more educated about how to use them safely.

Sure some people have bad experiences with weed but from sheer quantity of bad trip reports from these synth-cannabinoids it looks like its far easier to have a bad experience as they aren't standardized, many people don't use accurate scales, vendors can be less than trustworthy, etc.

I have smoked K2, spice, deamon, and the other "leagle" spices. I have smoked pot for 25 years, but had to stop for custody reasons. Once I discovered the spice I was reborn again KEEP IT UP ;)

I've smoked this stuff before, it is identical to weed in its effects however i found that after hitting a tiny bowl of this stuff you are literally on planet neptune after 4 minutes. The high feels very dirty and chemical unlike the placid high you receive off of smoking marijuana. I also found this stuff very trippy. After smoking a certain amount of this stuff, you will begin to hallucinate and see objects, people that aren't really there and a mild form of dissociation. I would not substitute this stuff for weed, EVER. Nothing beats the real thing.

People tell horror stories about the spice. The first time I hit it, I took maybe 2 hits, I didnt notice anythang. Much like, I guess, the first time people smoke pot and say they dont feal anythang. A week later I had a chance to try it again and noticed enough of a buzz that I went out to buy some. When I got home and was safely sitting on my couch I tried 3 hits of the "stampede" and sat there for the next hour staring at a blank TV and having the time of my life. Ive heard horror stories of people winding up in the hospital, and I bet all those who did wind up at the hospital would be there just by breathing air. Ive had no attacks, no hallucinations, and no Ill effects. What I did and do get is a very nice good weed buzz. I give it 2 thumbs up!!! Personally I think one of the best things about it right now is that you can walk into a store and buy it. You dont have to worry about breaking the law, not that I did anyways, You dont have to worry about getting shorted or ripped off. It is the next best thing to pot. All this fake stuff would go away if they would just Legalize.

Last edited:
Just commenting in general on this issue you raised:

I don't understand why so many consumers choose to spend their money on such shady products. I don't buy blends for the same reason I don't buy cigarettes: because they're shady products and you don't know what's in them.

We do it as initial research in to a burgeoning business opportunity. We do it to feed the jones our addiction throws at us. Some people function in such a manner that, while under the influence of drugs, function 100% normally by all outward appearances. In deed, I am one of those folks and I used to get baked ALL THE TIME from wake up till bed time. It really became a part of me and my personality. I was able to maintain several, high-paying technical/field engineering jobs while being a heavy daily smoker. If I returned to smoking, it could signal the end of a career I am not willing to lose. All that said and at the end of the day, I STILL WANT A BUZZ for the head. For a myriad of reasons, I do NOT want the buzz to be from alcohol, the WORST drug EVER, second only to cigarettes that is!

I dunno, I'm very frugal with my money. If I buy a product, I need to be convinced it's worth my money. Perfumed smoking sticks and shady mystery blends just seem like a rip-off more than anything, at least to me.

That's where knowledge and research come in to play (and dare I utter the foul words 'Personal' and 'Responsibility'.) I once looked upon legal highs as a joke. I smoked some such blend once and the Salvia was NOT pleasant to endure for me. I wrote them off again for a long time before hearing a news report about "bath salts." I thought there was NOTHING I could buy, over the counter, that would come close to my sweetleaf or anything scheduled for that matter. Well after spending some time in a head shop and getting to know more regular users, I finally dropped the money on some earnest research....the results were simply SHOCKING to me. Me being the former "MORE IS BETTER" poster child for drug abuse. SHOCKED, I tell ya!

Being clean from opiates, pot and blow for a couple of months made for somewhat of a larger impression on me for sure, but the fact that this is available is a GREAT thing for some and, as always, a scourge for some others. I, personally would like to CONTINUE to have the choice to be a responsible adult and indulge in a fat MJ BUZZ - without the whole negative stigma bullshit our failed War On Drugs® has given us all

I met a guy who was smoking that K2 stuff. He couldn't smoke weed due to drug testing. He said it was just like weed. Who knows whats in the stuff though. I guess he bought it at a local convenient store.

yeah, blame the druggies...

if this was proven to extend our lifespan 200%, reduce cancer risk, promote healthy diet and lifestyle... it'd still have been banned.

wake up. society itself is in a sick anti-"narcotic" rage

Narcotics refers to opiates. You mean anti-anything rage.

Medically and scientifically yes, "narcotics" refers to opiates/opioids.

However, to a cop or a narc, "narcotics" refers to any illegal drug. Or any drug, really. Just like "dope" refers to cocaine, heroin, and weed all at the same time (if you're a cop, that is).

cop:"do you have any narcotics in the vehicle?"

ME: "no"

Cop:"whats this.... It appears to be an ounce of maryjane!"

ME:"No thats 1.75 grams marijuana and it's not a narcotic"

COP:"I hope you like prison"

It seems a number of new brands of incense can be found at my headshop. They seem to be more potent than former known brands such as K-2, K-3, Mr. nice guy, spice. M@ry Joy now has the highest consontration of synthetic extracts.

soo stupid this is just another reason why they should legalize weed already, k2 sends ppl to hospitals and what the f*** does weed do??????? no matter what if someone wants to smoke weed, crack or dope, its gonna happen!