• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Feds Move to ban "Fake Pot"

^ Source discussion, I'd remove that before you get a warning/infraction. And you probably can have a few grams and be fine but like 5+ grams wouldn't be good, especially since this is JUST after the ban. Cops are the worst at that time.

Yes, everyone is just giddy about the few 'noids listed. Might the chems chosen be deliberately selected because they cover the major cannabinoid molecular-geometries -- thus allowing capturing all the others as analogs?

If the TSA can be rattled by irate passengers and "full body scanners" -- then WTF can't the millions of "self-medicaters" rattle the DEA with protests? Where is "our" congressman/advocate?

The DEA is out of control -- they are addicted to power -- all based on the false-premise and oxymoronic term "Victimless Crimes". We must expand the 21st amendment to include ALL "Victimless Crimes". We need protection from our own government!

YES FINALLY somone that gets it. Almost all(if not all) JWH compounds have the same basic chemical structure. They're analogs, they're illegal. We need to move to new ones like BAY 38-7271 or better yet FUCKING LEGALIZE CANNABIS. Jesus christ who cares let people take what they want especially if it can help with many diseases and conditions.

I know a billion people that can drive while stoned but no one can drive normally while drunk. If someone wants to show me one person that got in a fatal car accident while DUI of solely marijuana, not alcohol, meth, heroin, or anything else I will chop my testicles off, fry them in a pan, and eat them with my penis used as a spoon or something.

Last edited:
im rather depressed this worked as a good substitute for the other stuff. unfortunately i have never had the pleasure to try in its non incense state. however i can say that it helped eliminate the feeling of anxiety related to exterior social presser. with the supposed herbal blends and the addition of the chemical i think it was like a hybrid of alchemy and science. people referring to it as fake weed and attempting to make there own blends for a profit are what destroyed a valid chem reputation. jwh i will miss the

We are hating on it cause it's not some harmless innocent substitute for smoking chronic, if it was, we'd be all for it. But in reality, it is a disgusting nasty mixture of unknown chemicals and a little of some stuff that makes you feel kinda high. ...
...and whose fault is it that full disclosure is not an option??? Your own government is forcing dangerous practices by banning rather than regulating this. BTW -- who can name even 5 of the 65 known compounds in Marijuana? Who really knows what they're ingesting. We all rely on the "Wisdom of Crowds" when it comes to ingesting substances.

Millions of people in Europe and N. America have used this "stuff" -- with less side-effects than any other recreational chem out-there -- safer even than Tylenol! (which kills directly). No rational person can claim it's dangerous based soley on the millions who have used it with no more side-effects than a rare case of anxiety or in extreme OD's maybe tachycardia and chills (worst-case).

Anyone who doesn't know it's safe by now -- doesn't want to know and has likely not tried it fairly. I am very dissapointed in the DEA's leadership. We should be doing everything possible to save lives in the drug-cartel wars on the border -- by reducing demand for those imported substances. Yes, legalization is the real answer but just leaving these synthetics "alone" reduces demand for Marijuana. It's beyond bizare that 40 years of failed drug policies can still be ignored by seemingly intelligent people. Now, many will simply go back to pot -- effectively escalating the cartel drug wars. Your tax dollars at work.

Last edited:
Can anyone touch more on the Federal Analog Act and how it pertains to the emergency scheduling of the 5 mentioned chemicals?

a rare case of anxiety or in extreme OD's maybe tachycardia and chills (worst-case)

lol...seriously?...you made suuuch a good point....

Even if people can't name all 65 chemicals in bud, it's all out there pretty easy to find for anyone who wants to, AND they are harmless, regardless of people being able to name them or not. Not only is JHW not labeled properly, but the unlabeled hidden chemicals ARE harmful, quite harmful, period. Thanks. Try again sometime later this is fun.

Simply nasty. And as i said, it's the same line of logic as saying let's drink some mouthwash cause there is no beer..... Are you gonna defend that somehow too? Sure you can get a buzz from it, while really hurting yourself in the meantime.

Just don't compare it to the beautiful plant that's all im saying, understand you're smoking nasty mixtures of chemicals, totally getting taken advantage of by the companies making this crap, telling you all it's "like weed." And you all fall for it, not even just fall for it, but feel cool for it, and defend it as if it's pot. Don't get caught up in your own bs my friend.

Silly Rabbit. Trix are for kids.

How anyone in this community can be pro-illegalization is a mystery to me.

It's not like the DEA is saying they'll ban cannabinoids and also unschedule cannabis or other safer drugs. These sorts of actions serve only to quell debate, freedom, research, etc. How on Earth can any of you support this?

Do supporters of illigalization just like incarcerating their fellow citizens?

What possible good can come from this?

Shame.

Just like how the kkk will vote for obama because they think it ignite the "race war" sooner. (no shit that is true) Criminalization is just a means to an end for these people, whatever that end may be. I can somewhat sympathize, If all the jwh's were off the market some of those resources might go into compounds that are more pleasant IMO. I never really like JWH's much. But criminalization sets a bad precedent, I wanted all the hype to die down, just not this way.

I think that when you have something that imitates a widely used drug like pot it will get out a lot quicker and then get banned a lot quicker than something like a 2C. Once something like that gets out of the hardcore scientific drug culture (the hive) its fate is sealed, this stuff was banned around a year and a half after it hit the mainstream market, 2C's have been available for years. The only reason Salvia didn't go the same way as the JWH's in most places is because 13 year olds finally figured out that it isn't worth it.

Even if people can't name all 65 chemicals in bud, it's all out there pretty easy to find for anyone who wants to, AND they are harmless, regardless of people being able to name them or not. Not only is JHW not labeled properly, but the unlabeled hidden chemicals ARE harmful, quite harmful, period. Thanks. Try again sometime later this is fun.

Simply nasty. And as i said, it's the same line of logic as saying let's drink some mouthwash cause there is no beer..... Are you gonna defend that somehow too? Sure you can get a buzz from it, while really hurting yourself in the meantime.

Just don't compare it to the beautiful plant that's all im saying, understand you're smoking nasty mixtures of chemicals, totally getting taken advantage of by the companies making this crap, telling you all it's "like weed." And you all fall for it, not even just fall for it, but feel cool for it, and defend it as if it's pot. Don't get caught up in your own bs my friend.

Keep it civil eh?? You are talking to a fellow bluelighter after all....peace and love and all that :)

with all the deaths supposedly caused by this chem i can only wonder what the pre existing conditions of the subjects were and the full tox screen results
and if they were victims of the counterfeit spice that was going around.
seems alot like the scare tactics of big brother using the media to justify a false crusade. well where there is a will there is a way. may the fruits or research continue to bear forth at one time they made pot heads out to be crazy violent rapist who steal and kill i dont know one pot head who gets good weed and has the power to get up and go to the fridge.let-alone comite real crimes for the most part. i don't see a jwh guinea pig like myself doing the same.

BTW -- who can name even 5 of the 65 known compounds in Marijuana?

Tetrahydrocannabinol
Cannabidiol
Cannabinol
Tetrahydrocannabivarin
Cannabigerol
Cannabigerovarin
Cannabichromene
Cannabivarin

I promise you I remember all those and didn't just go to yahoo or google or something and type in "WAT B DA CEHMICLS EN POOT?".

oh I just remembered another one!

Cannabidivarin

Anyway the rest are just like cannabivarin acid, cannabidiol acid, etc, basically repeats.

Can anyone touch more on the Federal Analog Act and how it pertains to the emergency scheduling of the 5 mentioned chemicals?

It's an act that's federal. It's about analogs. Analog=similar chemical structure=all the JWHs=all JWHs will be schedule 1 by default.
http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/law/analog/analog.shtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Analog_Act Oh wait, apparently it's only an analogue if it's intended for consumption. So they CAN'T arrest the people that will put stuff like JWH-250 and JWH-019 in their products as long as they say not for human consumption.

Last edited:
Just went to a local gas station to pick up one of the few last artifacts of craziness of 00s. Think about it. Never before the technological age allowed to sell really potent chemical for such a long period of time to the point that almost anyone could walk in to a store and get it. How much money was made.. And what is next? There's a huge market, I feel like a day after the ban in the US there would be alternatives with other synthetic cannabinoids (already are online...) and it would this damn government another 10 years to do anything about it.
I mean we are living in a pretty fun time ;)

i dont know anyone who smokes this shit so i could careless..ive been offered to smoke it once by my little brothers friends and i laughed in their face and packed a bowl of real weed

im not down to smoke something thats labeled as incense

Couple things. If they're hidden chemicals, completely unknown, how are they known to be harmful? It's a poor choice to take the chance, but because of the fact that health results are unknown, nothing is certain. That unknown angle works both ways, regardless if the chemical structures of a lot of the JWHs look nasty (hydrocarbons, epoxidation). There is no evidence one way or another.

I bought 'Serenity Now' from my local headshop because I heard there were RC cannabinoids included in it, not because I thought it'd "be like pot". In fact, I was interested to see how it compared and contrasted. I still love marijuana, and have access to it, but I wanted to try something new, and was willing to take a small chance. But, I personally could not stomach the chance that I could be doing my body harm, so I chucked a probably 3/4 full bag of it out my car window.

After a time or two -- always taking small doses -- one hit, I quite liked the high this particular blend gave. It was like weed but even and longer. All that is subjective, of course. :)

the DEA should spend their time banning substances such as "ivory wave" a synthetic concaine-like powder which is sold as bath salts at smoke shops. nobody has any certainty whatsoever on what that contains.

never heard of that but give it time..it will be banned soon enough just like every other headshop drug people start to abuse..i dont understand these fake weed and fake cocaine chemicals..just go buy the real shit

never heard of that but give it time..it will be banned soon enough just like every other headshop drug people start to abuse..i dont understand these fake weed and fake cocaine chemicals..just go buy the real shit
Well, you can get high for orders of magnitude less cost from buying these compounds pure than you can buying cannabis. I can get high 1000 times for $35 with jwh-018 (so I just bought a 20 year supply after hearing this news). And as far as the cocaine substitutes, who in their right mind would associate themselves with the illegal drug culture when doing so presents so many more risks than getting drugs through the mail? Why would you ever associate yourself with the drug culture if you had a choice? People who use drugs often enable you to use more drugs and aid in maintaining destructive addictive habits and life choices, and people involved in dealing quick euphoric highs are very often shitty, highly destructive human beings you're really much better off not being physically near, not to mention the legal reasons... Better to keep your drug socializing and buying online and deal mostly with "normals" in real life, except for a few friends (also supplied through the mail or legal headshops) to occasionally get high with of course. By banning legals the government encourages unhealthy social associations among members of the public whose well-being they are charged with protecting and supports geographically centralized drug trades that breed territorial gang violence and international and domestic cartel warfare.

Last edited:
please, your acting as if everyone who does and sells drugs like cocaine and marijuana are some child raping murderous psychopaths. i think its time to turn off the reefer madness propaganda and step out of that bubble boy life your living..i mean your sittin there telling me that you only buy legal drugs that can be purchased online because you dont want to associate with people thats into the drug culture and that your only friends are "normals" who i guess from your lack of description are people who dont use drugs or associate with anyone that they kniw of who does drugs and ones who like you,take "drugs" but dont do real street drugs they only buy their drugs with a chemical name from online retailers, again so they dont have to interact with the undesireables.. .

i cant even go on because i dont know if your serious or not cause at first i thought you where but as i wirte this out and reread your post, im thinking your just trollin and couldnt be serious..i mean that post is pure comedy, im talking AMP TV GOLD..i mean that post is like 1951 leave it to beaver state of mind..if thats the way you live i feel bad for you, your life must suck, i hope your some millionaire dork loser who got rich from doin some math equations..then atleat your rich

and that ivory way shit will be banned soon enough..heres proof
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1306877/Legal-high-bath-salts-Ivory-Wave-kill-bride.html

We are hating on it cause it's not some harmless innocent substitute for smoking chronic, if it was, we'd be all for it. But in reality, it is a disgusting nasty mixture of unknown chemicals and a little of some stuff that makes you feel kinda high.

<3
The way the typical anything doer acts in the way of a something that they just heard a little something about.

Just went to a local gas station to pick up one of the few last artifacts of craziness of 00s. Think about it. Never before the technological age allowed to sell really potent chemical for such a long period of time to the point that almost anyone could walk in to a store and get it. How much money was made.. And what is next? There's a huge market, I feel like a day after the ban in the US there would be alternatives with other synthetic cannabinoids (already are online...) and it would this damn government another 10 years to do anything about it.
I mean we are living in a pretty fun time ;)

You must not be typing this from prison.

However, you raise a good point. Once everyone who puts intoxicating substances into their body without a bureaucratic sanction is in prison together, we'll probably have at least facebook.

I bet BL will not be allowed though.

This is sad news, although some legislation concerning standardization oversight might be beneficial if utilized correctly. This is not that. Surprise.:\

~Monk

Haha Im going to stock up while I can. Though in the long run I can do without synthetic cannibinoids. Fortunately Washington has an abundance of the real thing :)