• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Feds Move to ban "Fake Pot"

Seriously? Your applauding prohibition?

Not at all. I'm just saying it's about time they pulled that Spice shit off.. Sucks that -018, -073, -200, and CP-47497 are being banned. As they are decent chemicals, but due to the massive amount of teens and generally ignorant drug users using theses drugs irresponsibly causes things like this to happen.

Yeah prohibition is stupid and never works. But sometimes the general public shouldn't have access to things like this so easily as it causes problems for those of us who know how to respect the drug and not draw attention to it or ourselves. Also, the DEA may of done us a favor seeing as we have no idea the carcinogenic effects of the JWH-substances, if any. So it's like a double-edged sword in the matter.

I've never tried the stuff, but I guess this is kinda lame. Does this include the herbal smokes that don't have chemical additives?

The alcohol companies must have lobbied extra hard to push this through the system so quickly.

Alright, Im bummed chemicals are getting scheduled, but having used k-2 type products months at a time in the past (drug tests, etc. not anymore though) I can say they definitely feel much more unhealthy then smoking buds. I have a feeling either some of the plants they use, or the chemicals, are much worse for your health then cannabis. All that being said those who want to keep getting high and pass drug tests do not worry. Here in my state (arkansas) all those chemicals have been illegal since july. 2 things happened. One thing was, which you can probably expect, is that a local head shop in my town continued selling k-2 under the counter. He was eventually caught, arrested and charged. The other head shops continued selling new incense's or "aromatic potpourris" that contained who knows what chemicals that still gave one a similar feeling to the old spice blends if not weaker.

Anyways pretty much forget all that and just order the pure chemical.

Tobacco companies like to spray their stuff with new addictive chemicals all the time that nobody really knows whats going on. Also, there is reports about the firesafe cigarettes being more toxic than ever before. yay.

Just commenting in general on this issue you raised:

I don't understand why so many consumers choose to spend their money on such shady products. I don't buy blends for the same reason I don't buy cigarettes: because they're shady products and you don't know what's in them.

I dunno, I'm very frugal with my money. If I buy a product, I need to be convinced it's worth my money. Perfumed smoking sticks and shady mystery blends just seem like a rip-off more than anything, at least to me.

I'm sure whoever the hell is making these blends shouldn't have access trouble.

I actually own a tax paying distribution company and recently had to switch designer drugs... and like you said it wasn't hard.

Banning 5 chemicals out of 4000 = .125% success rate in banning synthetic designer drugs...
Nice job feds...

(Why hasn't there been action against chemicals like 4-MMC yet... and other nasties... To go after the RC's first is something to laugh at!)

While JWH-018 does not give you as pleasant of a high as chronic it is an acceptable substitute for those who may be facing a drug test either because of a new job or probation/parole. Originally it was very popular with those in the military who would often face drug testing but now the military is one of the few institutions that actually tests for it. Don't see why so many of you are hating on this shit. Its a substitute for those who don't have the freedom to smoke the real thing.

SOoooooooooooooooooooooooo... Are we all forgetting that little thing called the Federal Analog Act? Yes there are 1000s of ANALOGS to the banned ones. But if you have an analog of a schedule I substance, you get prosecuted just as you would any other schedule I substance.

I actually own a tax paying distribution company and recently had to switch designer drugs... and like you said it wasn't hard.

Banning 5 chemicals out of 4000 = .125% success rate in banning synthetic designer drugs...
Nice job feds...

(Why hasn't there been action against chemicals like 4-MMC yet... and other nasties... To go after the RC's first is something to laugh at!)

SOoooooooooooooooooooooooo... Are we all forgetting that little thing called the Federal Analog Act? Yes there are 1000s of ANALOGS to the banned ones. But if you have an analog of a schedule I substance, you get prosecuted just as you would any other schedule I substance.

Just about to say, yea wouldn't that be great to see a Federal document listing, in total, 4000 chemicals, in a non-hierarchical, straight-up list-fashion. :):)

Just for the actual document of course! Not the law itself...

^ What? I can't tell what you're trying to say.

Wait now I kinda do. They don't have to list what they consider analogs do they? and anyway can't they just look at a list of them and put them all down as analogs in a few hours of work?

BAY 38-7271 looks really sexy. Man someone really needs to synth that.

Also I just read there are EXACTLY 450 JWH compounds that were developed by huffman. That doesn't mean that there will ever be 450 that people know about because he of course kept some completely secret.

Last edited:
doesn't make a lot of sense to me to disregard a drug without thorough testing first, not that it would help any. i.e. marijuana, LSD

the fdas been on a fashistic power trip lately.they should b legalizing weed not controlling these.

Yes, everyone is just giddy about the few 'noids listed. Might the chems chosen be deliberately selected because they cover the major cannabinoid molecular-geometries -- thus allowing capturing all the others as analogs?

If the TSA can be rattled by irate passengers and "full body scanners" -- then WTF can't the millions of "self-medicaters" rattle the DEA with protests? Where is "our" congressman/advocate?

The DEA is out of control -- they are addicted to power -- all based on the false-premise and oxymoronic term "Victimless Crimes". We must expand the 21st amendment to include ALL "Victimless Crimes". We need protection from our own government!

Don't see why so many of you are hating on this shit. Its a substitute for those who don't have the freedom to smoke the real thing.

We are hating on it cause it's not some harmless innocent substitute for smoking chronic, if it was, we'd be all for it. But in reality, it is a disgusting nasty mixture of unknown chemicals and a little of some stuff that makes you feel kinda high. It's like saying smoking cigarrettes is a nice substitue when there's no tobacco around. Or let's drink some mouth wash when there is no beer shall we! STill have to say, just plain gross. Please don't compare disgusting mixtures of harmful chemicals with the beautiful plant....

JHW-018 - anyone know the cap?

Anyone heard of the amount we can posses before it is considered "intent to deliver"?

My favorite brand Head Funk has 50% off sale this weekend and I want to stock up before the ban goes into effect December 25th.

http://www.yeah-right-incense.com