• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Feds Move to ban "Fake Pot"

time to stock up, once this stuff is banned the price will skyrocket, as will demand most likely

everyone stocking up - you should stock up on said chems and not the shitty grass they spray it on

cut out the middle man

mgrady said:
I didn't want to give the worng impression, sorry fi my posts were misleading, I'm all for banning the various spice blends on the reasoning that they are not properly marked as to what they contain, they are not consistent one batch to another, the cannabinoids themselves are sketchy. I'm not saying the cannabinoids are all useless, but, there's not been enough research done on them.
qwe said:
illegalization effectively halts any sort of "proper study" on the chemical, sends the chemical and its problems underground and out of sight, and allows myths/rumors/idiotic thinking to define the drug
yea

Right when my girlfriend and i were going to quit because we have been on a massive multi month binge. I wonder if it will find its market as an illegal drug or if the fact its schedule one will mean people just wont bother.

Jaded much?

Its not the compound's fault - its the fact that these blends contain mixtures of them and then don't list what ones are in each one.

Some JWH's like 018, for example, are bad for people that have panic attacks. Well certain strains of weed are too so are you all for prohibiting weed on that basis?

Different JWH compounds are just like different strains of weed IMO.

In any case, the scientific community is going to be in a huge uproar over this as there is legitimate research going into these compounds so I don't expect the DEA to succeed in permanently scheduling any of them into Schedule I except for 018.

This hit the nail on the head.

Thankfully the DEA is to law enforcement as the TSA is to security; They both mainly provide sources of theatric protection to the public.

I do have a little pdf somewhere with a bajillion synthetic cannibinoids that I found online.... I'm sure whoever the hell is making these blends shouldn't have access trouble.

Little kids aren't the only ones using synths. It's people like me that need to take drug tests but need to get high at the same time.

yeah, blame the druggies...

if this was proven to extend our lifespan 200%, reduce cancer risk, promote healthy diet and lifestyle... it'd still have been banned.

I guess I was just taking the following statement at face value:

Since 2009, DEA has received an increasing number of reports from poison centers, hospitals and law enforcement regarding these products," the DEA said.

I can't really stay mad at people for too long, since I've made some of my own mistakes, some quite huge.

wake up. society itself is in a sick anti-"narcotic" rage

Well I'm in a sick anti-society rage. As a whole we've let our view of drugs (among other things) become perverted, and it is leading to a general lack of discretion by today's youth. But it is up to each one of us to practice responsibility. As sentient beings we can't keep blaming prior conditions for our current behavior! Are we animals, or are we humans?

I realize that illegalization hinders the medical research progress, but it can also prevent harm to those who use the drugs recklessly. I don't feel that the synth-cannabinoids are inherently bad but those who choose to use them need to be a bit more educated about how to use them safely.

When did making any substance illegal prevent harm? LMAO. The exact opposite is always the case, historically.

So what now? ANOTHER synth cannaboid, that is even more dangerous appears? Or people continue to use the JWH and the only effect of scheduling is yet more citizens lives' ruined by jail?

The five targeted chemicals are identified as JWH-018, JWH-073, JWH-200, CP-47497 and cannabicyclohexanol.

lol.. i think most of these are already illegal in my state, but 5 out of the jwh series is not going to stop this....

there are hundreds if not thousands upon thousand of potential analogs.....

but yea, good luck DEA but the chemist are already about 50 steps ahead of you on this one....

I think there are more adverse side effects with JWH compounds than with organic cannabinoids because JWH's have ten times the affinity for CB1 receptors. K2 just isnt meant to be smoked in fat blunts or 1 gram bong rips. A small joint is usually fine. The DEA and FBI always look for new drugs to fight because THAT IS HOW THEY MAKE MONEY. Ultra-lame.

I think chems of such a nature have been illegal here in Texas, and still sold. I know for sure in some localities it's illegal.

Texas legislature has fairly recently gone after many/most quasi-legal chems. Effective Sept, 2011.

I imagine enforcement can't be too easy at the consumer level though. Strikes me as a means for more immediate punishment for people in possession that are perhaps selling it under the guise of other blatantly illegal substances. I've seen mmcat being sold to very unaware people as molly. Crazy, I know. Of course most these chems are federally illegal analogues in such instances.

Wow, just after I sampled two last week! Unhealthy, but after a couple days of "adjusting" I loved the high these gave...

Oh well, back to ganja and juking drug tests for me (voluntary, not legal) -- which I would be back to in a week anyways. There's plenty of good strains out there!

"The chemicals, which were used in research, have not been approved for human consumption, and there is no oversight of the manufacturing process, the DEA said."

Im pretty sure there are tons of other products on the market that are not aproved for human consumption, with little to no oversight of the manufacturing process.

Thats not why they are doing this....

I'm clean now, but I really liked the herbal blends. I could get weed anytime and often would, but it was nice to be able to go to a store and just pick something up that gets me baked.

If I ever use again, it will be weed. That will not be for awhile though, probably not until its legalized (which I believe will happen in the next decade or three).