• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Making d-amp smokeable?

datSTIMfreak

Bluelighter
Ok I understand that to make amphetamine smoke-able, you must make it into a base, which comes out as a oily liquid. Could you simply take pure d-amp, no fillers, binders, etc., put it into a spoon, throw a bit of baking soda in there, and cook up using a Bic? The end result would be a liquid, but would that liquid be smoke-able d-amp that I could just put on aluminum foil and smoke through a straw? I smoked a Dexedrine on foil once and got no high whatsoever. I don't shoot dexies anymore, and I want a rush dammit! Anyone with a scrip (I have one, but I'm not really willing to try this before it's been tested) willing to sacrifice a Dexedrine Spansule for this? Just take the beads, crush them into a fine, snortable powder, put some water in a spoon, throw the powder in there, throw a bit of baking soda in there too, and cook up with a lighter. Then take the liquid, pour a tiny bit on aluminum foil, make sure it doesn't slide, and vaporize from underneath. I think we can finally make d-amp smokeable.

Prepare to be shot down by moderators for it being in advanced discussion because it seems too basic. But I can state methamphetamine is smoked in it's salt form so wouldnt dextroamphetamine be similar in physical nature to methamphetamine enough to be smokable in it's salt form as well?

Is there a salt that has its flash-point sufficiently lower than its boiling point to allow for sufficiently efficient vaporization? I know that freebase amphetamine either fails to meet this criterion or is just too difficult to handle, as a caustic, oily liquid.

ebola

Yes, freebase d-amp is definitely the wrong answer.

I think the OP is looking for pure or nearly pure recrystallized, then crushed up, d-amp.hcl vaporized over heavy duty aluminum foil or inside a glass bulb such as a chalet or light bulb and inhaled through a hollowed out bic pen.

The hard part is getting pure or nearly pure recrystallized d-amp.hcl.

I believe d-amp HCl is too hygroscopic to crystallize.

amphetamine base as an caustic oil is too inconvenient to handle.

I believe d-amp HCl is too hygroscopic to crystallize.

You can simply heat a hygroscopic solid to get the moisture out of it. Don't know that it won't decompose when heated though. The analogy to methamphetamine is a good one.

BTW dexedrine is sold as the sulfate?

^In that case one would need to freebase it and gas it to get the hcl salt. How well that would smoke I don't know, but meth hcl smokes fine obviously. Why is amphetamine made as the sulphate in the first place? I understood amphetamine hcl to be highly hydroscopic, but given that water is often added to European speed to add weight why would that be a problem?

^In that case one would need to freebase it and gas it to get the hcl salt. How well that would smoke I don't know, but meth hcl smokes fine obviously. Why is amphetamine made as the sulphate in the first place? I understood amphetamine hcl to be highly hydroscopic, but given that water is often added to European speed to add weight why would that be a problem?

It's not the whole Eurrope. The paste/base-speed is mainly a UK based phenomena. Seen over here of course when times are tough but here speed is powdered (and higly likely cut) racemic amphetamine sulphate. Racemic P2P (powder) methamphetamine has also hit markets thanks to the Latvians.

I suppose you could smoke the powder dl- meth HCl but no one does it here. Seems like everyone's into needles here. And if product had been cut with a sugar it wouldn't be smokable.

When buy speed you get either amphetamine sulphate (more likely) or dl- powder methamphetamine HCl.

Usually the dealer isn't even aware what he's selling but "somekinda speed".

damn...so it's impossible to smoke base amphetamine? could i simply make it into a pasty substance, as done in the UK, and vape it?

No, it's not impossible to vaporize amphetamine.

You just need powdered amphetamine hydrochloride, and the admixture need be reasonably pure with no unacceptable cuts such as sugars. Acceptable cuts for this purpose include epsom salts or methanesulfonylmethane, but cut is undesirable in general.

Recrystallization is not necessary per se if the product is already pure.

Good speed in Holland is usually base (pasty stuff) in my experience... I've never heard of people smoking it. IV-use happens but it's really, really uncommon (I've never talked to anyone who did it). Back in the 80's IV-use was supposedly more common.

To be honest, I don't think I've ever encountered another form here save dexamphetamine sulphate pills/caps for adhd.

@LivingOnValium

Would they even know there are different kinds? speed is speed innit?

It's not the whole Eurrope. The paste/base-speed is mainly a UK based phenomena. Seen over here of course when times are tough but here speed is powdered (and higly likely cut) racemic amphetamine sulphate. Racemic P2P (powder) methamphetamine has also hit markets thanks to the Latvians.

I suppose you could smoke the powder dl- meth HCl but no one does it here. Seems like everyone's into needles here. And if product had been cut with a sugar it wouldn't be smokable.

When buy speed you get either amphetamine sulphate (more likely) or dl- powder methamphetamine HCl.

Usually the dealer isn't even aware what he's selling but "somekinda speed".

There also used to be Finnish-made meth which was d-meth hcl... it had this distinct flowery scent and was crystalline. That stuff has become increasingly rare though... in the year 2000 or so you could still get it some days. Since then it has largely been replaced by dl-meth.

so I could toss some d-amp and hydrochloric acid into a spoon, cook, take the substance, and chase?

Errrrr....... if you don't have a problem with taking the excess HCl, too, then the answer is probably yes. But be warned, it might cause some slight burning sensation to whichever part of your body you intend to apply it.

- Murphy

No. You need to convert it to freebase, then convert it to HCl. If you don't know how to do this then you shouldn't be attempting it.

You can smoke the Amphetamine salts. All that would be necessary is to extract the amphetamine so the starch, sucrose, etc. dont get in the way.

Good speed in Holland is usually base (pasty stuff) in my experience... I've never heard of people smoking it. IV-use happens but it's really, really uncommon (I've never talked to anyone who did it). Back in the 80's IV-use was supposedly more common.

To be honest, I don't think I've ever encountered another form here save dexamphetamine sulphate pills/caps for adhd.

@LivingOnValium

Would they even know there are different kinds? speed is speed innit?

Uhm coming from someone who lives there: I don't think the paste really indicates base. It's supposed to mean it's freshly made suggesting it's not cut, but the joke would be on you since the moisture makes it heavier and cut amphetamine can also be moistened if you want.

Don't believe it too fast.

I think the paste-type speed is just a different salt of amp or meth. Perhaps acetate or citrate or something.

@Wizzle

They usually can tell that there are difference in the effect. Many claim always to be selling meth 'cause they think every customer prefers it's over the sulphate (not the case).

@dread

was it pink(ish) crystal? I've had those ca.2000. the crystals were very small and i was
just told it's "the shit" and i put straight in my arm. =D