• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Making d-amp smokeable?

@dread

was it pink(ish) crystal? I've had those ca.2000. the crystals were very small and i was
just told it's "the shit" and i put straight in my arm. =D

Nope. In it's pure form it was clear or slightly white-ish crystal. It was called "blomster" by some (swedish for "flower") because of the smell, which was a chemical sort of flowery smell, or like a toilet air-freshener. It was also extremely potent when IV:d.

The pink(ish) stuff was racemic meth, but this was pure d-meth hcl and it was made in Finland back when there still were meth labs in Finland - I'm not sure if there are any left today, since it seems to be cheaper/easier to import it from Russia or Baltia.

It was called "blomster" by some (swedish for "flower") because of the smell, which was a chemical sort of flowery smell, or like a toilet air-freshener.

sounds like there's some P2P in there

I'm not nearly drunk enough to ask you to post a link to the smell

I just got some white damp squishy speed. It works just fine eating it for me but out of curiousity I did give smoking it a go. Obviously it’s harder to snort cos wet and sticky. Wet and sticky is usually still the sulphate salt, not the freebase.

Solution: Tried cutting 4/5amp to 1/5baking soda, dissolved it in a spoon of water. Kept heating spoon till no water left and spoon was crusted in dried powder. Scraped it off. Technically it was more base like than before, and dryer and easier to sniff. I even chaced a little on a bit of tin foil, and made a little pipe out of an empty beer can. It smoked a lot easier to me than when I’d smoked the unaltered product through the beer can and chasing the dragon was way smoother. All that aside it certainly weren’t crack, but was closer to it than the powder/paste.

That was my answer to your question, just got two of my own if anyone feela like answering:

1) If you brushed true freebase with sulphuric acid would it become amphetamine sulphate/would vinegar make acetate/citric acid make citrate?
2) Istill don’t know why speed comes in a paste. Anyone know the answer to that? Why does adderall and dexedrine come as chalky crushable little pills?

The flowery smell definitely suggests it was racemic meth, not D-meth. Perhaps just very good grade racemic. That flowery odor, it was almost certainly phenylacetone, and reductive amination routes from P2P with either an amine or with some routes, use of nitromethane (reduced to methylamine in-situ and forming/reducing the imine as it does) or nitroethane (for N-ethylamphetamine).

Phenylacetone has a very distinctive flowery, sort of sweetish scent to it, very pleasant, although the odor of it in speed makes it a cert that, unless someody went to the effort of chiral resolution, it'll be racemic, P2P routes afford racemic product.

He was asking about D-amphetamine, pomzazed, not meth. People commonly smoke meth of course but the typically available form of amphetamine is the sulfate, due to the hydrochloride being very hygroscopic.

I have little experience with different organic salts, so I don't really know, are there any other suitable anions that wouldn't make the salt too hygroscopic? I don't want to smoke amp, in fact I've never even done it - I'm asking out of pure curiosity.

Also, what structural feature(s) determines if the hydrochloride salt is hygroscopic or not? Not all HCl salts are, after all. Structurally very closely related meth HCl isn't, correct?

I still don’t know why speed comes in a paste.

Pretty much just marketing.
Freebase amphetamine is an oily liquid that will evaporate unless it's stored in a sealed container. Amphetamine sulfate is a white powder.

There's this myth that speed paste still contains large amounts of freebase amphetamine that hasn't been precipitated as the sulfate (or even that it is pure freebase amphetamine), so that's why it must be "straight from the source and totally uncut, bro!". In reality, it's far more efficient for the dealers to just moisten up the amphetamine salts with organic solvents, thus adding weight to their product while simultaneously giving the impression of better quality.

Whether its badly salted freebase could be determined with a PH strip.

Wonder if it could perhaps deliberately be made with a mixture of sulfate and HCl? just a stab in the dark, but if it would increase profit I see no reason chemists wouldn't do so.

Whether its badly salted freebase could be determined with a PH strip.

Wonder if it could perhaps deliberately be made with a mixture of sulfate and HCl? just a stab in the dark, but if it would increase profit I see no reason chemists wouldn't do so.

You mean a mixture of amphetamine sulfate and amphetamine hydrochloride, or amphetamine sulfate mixed with hydrochloric acid?

I don‘t see how either of these would make sense.
*) Amphetamine Hcl contains even more amphetamine than amphetamine sulfate, and they‘re both crystalline solids, so it wouldn't result in a paste, nor make sense from an economic standpoint.
*) Making a paste with a highly caustic, volatile acid seems like a really bad form for a drug to be sold in. I believe they usually just use organic solvents to create the amphetamine paste.

All I can say is that the citrate salts work well when smoked. I say well but I don't say nice. Like crack lasting 20 minutes. If you have pure dextroamphetamine, the most euphoria that can be wrung out of it is matching mg for mg with diazepam; a sidewinder. With diazepam having a longer T½, eventually it becomes less stimulating and more sedating.

In fact, with 5mg Dexys costing £1, the same as 10mg diazepam, for £20 you could have a better time than MDMA users and fall asleep for 8 hours i.e. 4AM.

Just swallow the damned things. It is a highly caustic base and REALLY not good to smoke. I've seen enough ex-Northern Soul ravers from the 1970s with no teeth. No, it doesn't magically rot your teeth but a dry mouth and the usual speed side-effects cause the issue (like people saying methadone 'eats' the bones of the users - not 'I should have brushed my teeth for those X number of years'. Which is the case.

Any amphetamine hydrochloride should be "smokeable", c.f. methamphetamine hydrochloride being the de facto abusable smokeable amphetamine, and not the (liquid at r.t.!) freebase. People have smoked mephedrone, I'm pretty sure, and certainly MDPV as well (a Certified Really Bad Plantm), so that should give you an idea.

As soon as you move to organic salts (citrate etc) I'd expect it to have some decomposition of the acid to CO2 etc but it'd still volatilize.

I think the key factor to remember in this is that the salt association between the nitrogenous base and the acid is not a permanent bond, delivering enough energy to the pair will force dissociation into acid plus freebase and then you can smoke the stuff.

Yes Hcl is smokeable I remember reading a conversion tek from sulphate to Hcl. Result was smokeable but really hygroscopic

Hodor, I meant a mixture of the sulfate and HCl salts, to cause, via the hygroscopic nature of the HCl salt, sufficient absorption of atmospheric H2O to cause the mixture to take on water and form a pasty consistency.

That would make sense to "base" putty sellers mixed in with some other binding agent. Less likely to dry out if u have Hcl in there. Sulphate will powder over time in most cases depending on storage of course. More water weight equals more profit