• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

if i go browse this thread i will literally cry. omg....

margiela sneakers. sparkles n' glitter how i'm rockin ᕙ( ͡◉ ͜ ʖ ͡◉)ᕗ

This thread makes me go crazy (good crazy).

oh come on now, will this just be masturbation? miss y'all. but i can speak into the air.

but this isn't that much, just a couple of quotes because i'm finally getting some time to myself.

348465.jpg

"The horse fucking and fist fucking videos? I don't think Caroline Herrera has those on her resume." It's June, a few days before the CDFA awards, and Rick Owens and I are sitting in his garden in Paris. "After Dadaism and Cubism and all of the aesthetic gestures that have been made in the past, how can anybody be surprised by anything like that [fist-fucking]?"

That reality was hardly imaginable when Owens first set up shop in Los Angeles in 1994. He dropped out of art school because "I didn't think I was cerebral enough."

"Oh, my father is a Nazi. He calls himself conservative."

He sighs. "I'm so obvious."

When asked about the state of his archival (minimal, not really existent), he shrugs. "My business plan was that I was going to keep on making stuff and selling it on my own and struggling until someone who came along who would notice it and then somehow help. Which is a naive approach but it sort of worked. It was just about survival, I wasn't even thinking about legacy."

Rick Owens' insane Triennale di Milano opens December 15th.

I just got this post =D

Thank you Kenickie!!! :)

if i go browse this thread i will literally cry. omg....

margiela sneakers. sparkles n' glitter how i'm rockin ᕙ( ͡◉ ͜ ʖ ͡◉)ᕗ

oh my god joe hi are you still okay i miss this thread so much sometimes i dream about it.

andy warhol's interview magazine does not exist anymore. there are a couple of pictures from that magazine in this thread, which is slowly rotting with broken links and no new content. should we promise to come back here? do we owe each other that? i don't have a tumblr log in anymore because their privacy policy is bunk. that in itself is a tragedy.

i live in brooklyn now! with this guy!

tumblr_oj4ji4k28Q1vxuoq7o1_500.gif

i'll try again. i miss everyone. please.

tumblr_p7knqcL23T1r43ynbo1_500.jpg

here is charlotte rampling in 1974 photographed by helmut newton. because i don't have anything else to go on right now and i think it's the last thing i posted on tumblr. love y'all so much. this thread has saved my life sometimes.

i miss bored koreans. i miss this thread. i miss my friends.

W Korea "Girls from Ipanema" by Elina Kechicheva aka Keni's bored Koreans

tumblr_oav8ovpHqF1qa12r0o1_1280.jpg

0ef09ce57497eb3957c956090f2dd225.jpg

a43685dc1e10a8a0ec63d0c7b3deae97.jpg

978fb0bc4ace58b97a73aa93bcac4ed3.jpg

Hey Kenicke, fashion isn't my thing but I love how you faithfully return to this thread. :) I really love these pictures though.

Hey Kenicke, fashion isn't my thing but I love how you faithfully return to this thread. :) I really love these pictures though.

And here I am, again, alone.

I didn't know our paper of record put out a fashion magazine. But they do. and it had a heartbreaking spread shot by Harley Weir, which used to be a favorite in this thread. I assume she still is.

model is Shoyun Jung. styled by Suzanne Koller.

Sohyun+Jung+by+Harley+Weir+for+NYT+Style+Aug+2018+%285%29.jpg

gucci.

Sohyun+Jung+by+Harley+Weir+for+NYT+Style+Aug+2018+%286%29.jpg

chanel

16tmag-smartlady-slide-65NG-superJumbo.jpg

dress is loewe. celine earrings. givenchy shoes.

sigh. i miss fashion a lot.

it's really intense to me that i'm now in europe working at a magazine we discuss and cite and post pictures from, here. i cannot overstate the importance of this thread in the direction my life has taken, and how much i love joe and hydro and everything we've ever done. we are even shooting a model i fucking love and have posted here over and over.

stay trill and chill. will report back and with stuff from work, if i can.

tumblr_inline_oicoprxDny1qbhp2s_540.jpg

eta; i signed a hella uptight nda so no go until it goes to print. sorry to be a cock tease.

Last edited:
And here I am, again, alone.

Celine is why I'm here and that feels fucking rude. So much of fashion is about optics, and the optics about this show...nightmare.

Fashion often isn’t intended to be overtly political, but it’s impossible not to see what we wear through the lens of what’s happening around us. Clothes reflect the times. They’re how we armor ourselves to move through the world.

Slimane did what he does best, what he’s been doing for years. But the context has changed; he didn’t read the room.

Responding to criticism of his Celine collection, he argued that women should be able to wear miniskirts if they wish, telling a French television program, “The young women in my show are liberated and carefree.”

Slimane continued: “For some in America, I also have the poor taste of being a man who is succeeding a woman. You could read into that a subtext of latent homophobia that is quite surprising. Is a man drawing women’s collections an issue?”

when confronted with legit criticism he pulls "im gay so this is homophobia." i would be lying if i said that i couldn't believe it.

GettyImages_1043982522.jpg

every single model looked like that. sick, white, bored, and in none of the positive ways that those words mean.

GettyImages_611954386.jpg

RIP cool intellectual sensitive femme looks.

As far as I know Marc Jacobs indeed had a X with MTV, he wanted at a point between 09-2011 to do it and they refused it, I don't know why or how and back in 2016-2017 they released it but pointless imo, I don't know why he created some hoodies with their logo, at least could have done something to improve it and doesn't have a reflection of progression.

tumblr_mv6nbgzPZB1slhdbho1_400.gif

tumblr_o0r4a8wRC01qdg957o1_1280-640x796.jpg

a7ddbf1cb68ba2ca24e3095534bfb7e5.jpg

5etb3h-l-610x610-jacket-girl-fashion-ida+greco-jeans-azure-tumblr+outfit-tumblr-pale-grunge-cool-hipster-quote-image-stylish-urban-ripped+jeans-pintrest-indie-denim-distressed-ripped-grounge-denim+.jpg

MG_0798.jpg

tumblr_miup9xY2pC1rqkjy0o4_1280.jpg

IMG_7780.jpg

Victoria-Beckham-i-D-Magazine-Cover-Pictures-Whatever-Weather-Issue.jpg

Last edited:

julia bedeaux by alexa king

drew at models1 by ralph whitehead. wearing alek lassement. photo is very roversi

for some softasfuck fashion ...

lulu and yuki leika by josefine seifert wearing cecilie bahnsen ss19. the bts is lulu by seifert.

still waiting for 032C with kiko & baldwin and A Magazine curated by rocha featuring yumi to hit newsstand shelves here. they tell me any day now.

Last edited:
haven't had good reason to post her in this thread until now, but i've been all about this little model laneya grace. she's in a avacii music video. it's given her modeling career a boost in the right direction. she was just photographed by dani brubaker...

laneya+Collezioni+Magazine+by+dani.png

laneya+Collezioni+Magazine+by+dani+2.png

a few year's later ...

by lionel reyes

by tina maliga

by wendy horton

too short and normal for runway so she's not wearing anyone mentionable. still, what a face for editorial. props to that scout. i want that job. let me take polaroids of little girls and give the pollice verso.

Last edited:
Which cameras did you use? looks Sony/Canon, lovely shit

You should try to organise a little jeez because you have have some kinda art inclination but more to.. somehow jaded

gqf6z7-l-610x610-jacket-sweater-xanax-black+hoodie-black-tumblr-tumblr+girl-tumblr+hoodie-hoodie-drugs-pills-cigar-sweats-drugie-dopamine-style-fashion-trendsetter-lean-dirty+sprite-black+white-xan.jpg

tumblr_orf21zjYAp1vg8zzho1_400.jpg

000465791.jpg

zahm_HOME.jpg
Oliver Zahm..

Lindsay-Lohan-Breasts-Nipples-Sexy-Photoshoot-14.jpg

15935526865_815c8cbdf1_b.jpg

interesting mag too

26005078450_1280f849a0_b.jpg
Mayela Munoz

Which cameras did you use? looks Sony/Canon, lovely shit

You should try to organise a little jeez because you have have some kinda art inclination but more to.. somehow jaded
not following? do you think i took those photos of laneya? would love to work with her. on film. and i'd never retouch a child's face in ps like those photographers.

like the xanax hoodie. crass, but perfect for a late teen, early 20s tumblr girl.

sveta's career is on fire at the moment. rightfully so. she got a feature editorial in Oyster Mag ...

by renee parkhurst. can't figure out who she's wearing, which is strange 'cause it looks designer.

it mentions she walked rodarte, which i need to get around to posting some pics of. a good collection. in the interview she wishes one of her skills was photography, which is modest. she and her model friend alina shoot each all the time and sveta is an above average photographer. they have a giant binder of instax shots.

danny scott lane recently worked with her too ...