• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

give it up KevinKostner, whats this about?!?^^

what is the trapHouse trend?

~;-)

Whats everyones thoughts on white jeans or white linen pants this summer paired with a white v-neck? Trying to go for a South Beach chic look for this event later this month.

id look for linen/acrylic or linen/rayon to help stay a little bit more loose, cool and dry - unless you dont want to wear synthetic material.

and white acrylic v-necks, acrylic and rayon wont wrinkle and air-dries in a few minutes after being soaked...South-Pole is a good example of a 'designer-lable' that uses acrylic - i always get their stuff when i can.

Last edited:
^ reminds me of "Coco before Chanel" i caught it on cable a few days ago.

speaking of Chanel, "Chanel Launches New Collection Inspired by Amy Winehouse in London." backstage footage + short lagerfeld interview @ http://youtu.be/6R2twfQgzq4

andrej pejic is wild, it's amazing how beautiful he is, whatever he is choosing to model. however, it makes me uncomfortable, and makes me really feel that gay men designers are as misogynistic as they are rumored to be, and are so relieved that they don't have to put their clothes on actual women, but sexless hipless boys.

that's some food for thought, the thought has crossed my mind before. im sure there is some truth to your statement.

kinda thinking of collecting fashion related books, should start with:
Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/03...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0300169787 )

jaw dropping video tour @ http://youtu.be/Rgiyk_oPE-E

btw, did anyone catch the premiere of Project Runway Season 9 ? looks to be entertaining and funny commentary at the avclub ( http://www.avclub.com/articles/come-as-you-are,59615/ ). Christina Ricci was the guest judge, looking absolutely radiant. the brilliant mind behind www.christinaricci.ws has "119 screen captures of Christina Ricci from last night’s episode of “Project Runway”

^very cool, thanks
;-D

on the video tour- which im about to watch again, i like and am familiar with pieces from the 'Romantic Mind' and 'Romantic Gothic' - the book now is needed after seeing that.

Joe- I almost watched that the other day.....it's on demand. There are actually two movies on Chanel I think.
Also, I am refusing to watch Project Runway ever again b/c Wretched Gretchen won last time and she was AWFUL.
I lost all faith in the judges. And Michael Kors obviously does not know what good looks like. :D (Seeing as though he makes millions and I make pennies, he dresses famous people and I wear jeans and a t-shirt;))

^ ... i had forgotten about that.

did you see the Savage Beauty video Ocean?!?

a 2,3+ hour line at the MET i was reading - hehe, would be worth a longer wait then that if one could spare the time:-x
(i love that red butterfly hat)

"I want to empower women. I want people to be afraid of the women I dress"
-Alexander McQueen

Joe- I almost watched that the other day.....it's on demand. There are actually two movies on Chanel I think.
Also, I am refusing to watch Project Runway ever again b/c Wretched Gretchen won last time and she was AWFUL.
I lost all faith in the judges. And Michael Kors obviously does not know what good looks like. :D (Seeing as though he makes millions and I make pennies, he dresses famous people and I wear jeans and a t-shirt;))

lol "Wretched Gretchen" :X /me shivers, for sure you aren't the only one who refuses to watch P.R. after she won. Mondo was way more creative, talented and worked harder than her. The challenge when he incorporated the + plus sign into his pants and revealed to the world he was H.I.V positive was definitely my favorite moment in the history of the show.

I wiki'd Coco Chanel and see a few films based on her life with more to come ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabrielle_"Coco"_Chanel#Film_depictions ) Coco before Chanel was... okay imo but i wanted more, a lot more which i should have expected i wouldn't get going by the title "... before Chanel " take the before out and add on another 60 minutes then i woulda been a really happy camper.

"I want to empower women. I want people to be afraid of the women I dress"
-Alexander McQueen
this quote just gave me the chills, really.

andrej pejic is wild, it's amazing how beautiful he is, whatever he is choosing to model. however, it makes me uncomfortable, and makes me really feel that gay men designers are as misogynistic as they are rumored to be, and are so relieved that they don't have to put their clothes on actual women, but sexless hipless boys.

i wouldnt assume it to be this way, actually, i would go as far to guess that the typical body types are chosen because of the practicalities to consider...

i would want my potential customers to see, or hope they saw a more less descriptive body, and be able to envision themselves in the clothes, or a client, with less chance of distraction.
---
this would be convenient having maybe a minute or so to get each girl carefully changed, placed/together, ready to turn around, walk out, and show your work for the first time, in one piece...
-----
color i feel, is fairly dependent on shape, with clothes we think of our complexion etc. but, shape as well plays a role, and so again having models whom do not have as much shape who will not have as much influence over the presentation of the clothing - id guess and hope would be a good idea.

IDK, seems maybe more likely though.
;-)

JoeTheStoner
that print gave me chills, just the memory did - that was amazing television - and Mondo is an amazing designer who totally won that shit! hehe - IMHO

http://theultraultra.com/

you girls are lucky..!
scroll down, and look at the box on the lower left - their "latest collection" is pretty amazing.
black white and gray - loose fitting over sized shirts, a killer mini skirt, and some black 2-3 piece out-fits - layering clothes.

"ULTRA, designed and made to unite sustainability with leading fashion – to be the choice with a good looking voice for a wider world of people.
Soy and bamboo fibers, recycled PET, salmon skin leather and biodegradable tencel mix with other innovative fabrics under ethical production standards to make ULTRA.
"

they mention bamboo, ive never sewn with it or worn it, but after reading about the stuff, and handling it some i dont see why it isnt used more often.

Linda Loudermilk Premiers First-Ever Compostable Swimwear at Miami Fashion Week
^
what do you chickas think of this?!?
.. i suppose i like the 2nd one.

^
i had started practicing making roses like that, in theory it is very simple, but using glossy silk or polyester the material likes to slip around, and this makes it difficult.

^
absolutely love this!

^
what can i say. perfect.

here is a crude picture of my pants...feels and acts like a 60/40 of rayon/wool. its light material that dries fairly fast, and doesnt wrinkle. after seeing the above pics i went a dragged these out. i am trying to keep the "split seem" along the legs, and should pick up practicing Carlos Ruzzi's "Worm-Hole" stitches again to use along the legs.
after a liner, the crotch im then anticipating to be the most technically challenging part.

please excuse the photo quality, ive been wanting to post these up, but not sure how much of a better pic i can take myself, so, there they are...
:-D

Last edited:
Not high fashion or anything but my latest obsession is :freepeople

PiP- I almost bought a pair of shoes like those the other day but they were all black and from TARGET! haha But they had a heel and I'm slowly moving into heels due to my bad ankles and knee......I'm working on small wedges now, once I can prove to myself I will survive them, I will move into bigger heels- But yeah, the shoes were all black and saddle black 50's style- Super cute. I also saw them at another store today in brown. I will have to get a pair this winter.

I like :
NSFW:
aclb4sd.jpg

and
shaug4.jpg

and
shaug3.jpg

but I NEED to have :
20053799_036_a

And Joe, Mondo was awesome.

Today, among other things I got these two cute tops:
pMAUR1-9902112v275.jpg

and
pMAUR1-10006183v275.jpg

Last edited:
^haha really

well, those are the most adorable little shoes ive maybe seen.:-D
lol

id be very cautious ocean! heels arent worth your ankles and a knee!
but, i suppose if i were a chick-a, i would be doing the same thing - hehe
(must, wear, these - shoes!)

... id want a larger more decorative buckle, if i could be picky about it...
(did you notice the red threading in those?)

maybe i like the top "blouse" first,,, do those have "corsets" built in?!?
if so, thats perfect, they look like they should...very burlesque-esq, very, sexay
;-P
awesome

Last edited:
^Just looks like they do.....they don't actually :)
They were super cute and I figured I Could dress them up or down depending on what I wore with them.
So I bough two pencil skirts as well and to dress them up can wear those, down, wear jeans......
Yeah......I spent all my monies today. :\ Sux.
But I came home with a crap load of clothes......just need to buy more jeans again now.
I at least have two pair that fit.

edit: and yeah, heels are not worth my legs! So I will continue to move up to a heel and if I don't dislocate my leg in the process I will buy at least one pair of heels- but those boots, they are a must have for this winter.

So, I posted in the girlie thread (b/c I was also talking about makeup and nail polish and gilrie things)
But I've been looking at the Fall 2011 collections.
What trends do you guys think will be most available?
What trends are you excited about?

I was happy to see lace- I've purchased some lace tops and have a couple on my list to buy-
I also saw a couple other things I'm really into-
Saw a Stormy Collection I liked a lot, as well as a Mod Collection.
Looks like lace, dark, and retro will be popular this fall/winter.
I'm not really into the being trendy thing but glad the things I like will be more readily available.

I'm trying to move away from so much black b/c EVERYONE teases me about wearing black all the time.
I've been trying to purchase more color but seem to just gravitate to black.
I recently bought an awesome Plum colored top- I'll have to see if I can find a photo of it- It will be perfect for fall and these awesome harvest striped socks I bought. (Just need boots and a skirt for them:))

HEre are two things I found, that of course I'd never be able to wear anywhere but really liked from a fall runway show:
NSFW:

39.jpg

36.jpg

Last edited:
^ holy shizer. really feelin the 2nd look.

ocean, do you browse http://hautemacabre.com ? dedicated to more dark/goth style fashion. i hear ya tryin get away from wearing black, BUT pretty regularly they post affordable stuff like under $50. just thought id mention

as for a collection with some color i recently saw "Desigual autumn / winter 2011/’12"

below is a couple favorites
NSFW:
erinheathertondesigualaw11122.jpg

patchwork :D
erinheathertondesigualaw11129.jpg

more @ http://www.fashionising.com/pictures/s--Erin-Heatherton-Desigual-AW-1112-11220-1.html cool bags too!

^ holy shizer. really feelin the 2nd look.

ocean, do you browse http://hautemacabre.com ? dedicated to more dark/goth style fashion. i hear ya tryin get away from wearing black, BUT pretty regularly they post affordable stuff like under $50. just thought id mention

as for a collection with some color i recently saw "Desigual autumn / winter 2011/’12"

below is a couple favorites
NSFW:
erinheathertondesigualaw11122.jpg

patchwork :D
erinheathertondesigualaw11129.jpg

more @ http://www.fashionising.com/pictures/s--Erin-Heatherton-Desigual-AW-1112-11220-1.html cool bags too!

OMG. I'm loving this site. THANK YOU!
Damn! :D

Who knew Victoria Secret had amazing clothes?!?!!?
I Wish they had a store with clothing!!! I want like 5 of their cardigans, a few of their skirts......
Love this:
V323224_100.jpg