Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Some advice please

Klubber

Greenlighter
Hi,

I am new to the forum. glad to have found this place.

basically i use mdma/ecstasy a lot. weekly, sometimes twice weekly, and usually in the 3-4 pills a session region. this has been the case for about 4 years with very few (if any) breaks.

i have never actually stopped to think about how much i have taken. ive always known that my friends (both clubbing and non clubbing) make comments about my fondness for E. but to me it has never felt wrong.

in particular, i always get high......very high. even if i use consecutive days i always get the 'magic' from the experience. as for the side effects......some slight vision disturbances recently and the usual monday blues......but this always clears up by tuesday.

thing is.....recently i have become acutely aware that what most people consider heavy use....to me is an average friday night out.

at this moment in time i am trying to reduce my intake. i used to do silly amounts well over 7 pills in a night......but even then i didn't feel myself like i was overusing.

there are certain drugs that dont agree with me. a few lines of coke and i feel like i have over done it. cannabis is also very hit and miss with me. and i dont drink alcohol.

so i guess what i am really asking is........dos anybody else out there feel that E is just a part of your routine. and that even though youaefar more han others.......you don't feel like anything too bad is going on.

or am i looking at some serious trouble in later life. whatever the answer....im pretty sure i will keep dropping. but it would b nice to know how things have turned out for people like myself.....from those who have been ther and done that.

thanks

i have heard of stories of people suffering some serious issues after heavy use so i would cut down personally

sorry.....just wanted to add some further points.

i consider myself very educated on the ways in which mdma works on the brain and body.....and chemistry in general. i am after 'experiential' advice rather than information on how the drug works.

one thing that has always puzzled me is how my friends have all fallen out of love with mdma at times. they will often complain that they are not getting high or are feeling sick. i never, ever get this. every time i drop i get the butterfly in the stomach, body tingling, music enhancing, love inducing rush that i got from my very first pill.

i don't know why and how i achieve this given that most people i know develop tolerance quickly. i easily take the most out of my social circle.

i am kind of starting to question whether my continual good experiences are tricking me into feeling that the amount i take is ok.

i dont really want to stop taking E. but at the same time its been a long time since i did not. i guess i don't really know where im going with this. other than.......is it really possible to use a chemical as potent as mdma for so long ad not pay any real price?

You are very lucky to still have the magic, but who knows what the long term effects will be. You should really try cutting back gradually, until you can roll off of 1 or two anything in excess is bad for you. I'm jealous that you can get E so easily.. It's very dry in my area :(

Your MDMA use schedule is definitely fucked up. I can't believe that you don't get any negative effects from the way you use MDMA at the moment. But...

I've been using MDMA pretty badly in the last few months. I've rolled maybe like 5 times in the last 8 weeks. I first tried it in 2004 and then I never did it again until summer 2008 and then I started doing it again. I've been doing it on and off. Before my current binge, I didn't do it for 7-8 months. And I still getting very good effects from it. Everything I want from the experience is there. So what I am going about? =:)

Maybe you should consider just taking a break for 3 for months and then start doing it again just for kicks.

I understand you man, compared to all other drugs that exist, MDMA is nirvana. There is no other way to say it. It takes the best from every class of drugs. It gives you confidence, psychedelia, empathy, relaxation, happiness. If you enjoy it, there is nothing better in this world.

Idk, I am kinda drunk. But I'll tell you this man. If your MDMA use truly does not effect your life in a negative way, then who the fuck cares? Life is beautiful and that's all that matters. If it really does not make you do things you normally wouldn't do and your use lets you live a normal positive life, then go for it!!!

MDMA is part of my life. Even when I don't do it regularly, I still feel it, if you know what I mean. I just really like it. It makes things feel the way I want to feel.

Sorry for the cryptic reply. But yeah, I would just take a break for 3 months, just so you can say I did take that break and from there see it how it goes.

Take it easy man!

Btw, I've never fallen out of love with MDMA and I've used it for almost 3 years. Sure it's a very short time. But I've also done it with very different people and in different environments. SO yeah. :)

You wont be able to use that way forever. Eventually, it will take it's toll and start to wear you down mentally. I honestly don't agree with the loss of magic concept. I think every drug seems stronger when you first start using it and the experience always changes as you grow and become more comfortable with the effects. Alcohol, weed, mushrooms, lsd... every single drug I have done has seemed not as intense as it was when I started using it.

Anyway, I don't bother telling anyone they should stop using so much when they're doing what you're doing. It won't stop you. You've heard the stories. I did the same thing when I first started doing it, and eventually I slowed down and now use it much more responsibly. That seems to be the way MDMA works for many.

Just be prepared for some temporary mental issues after long term abuse like that. When it happens, a nice long healthy break will restore you, and you should be able to go back to using responsibly (which you will likely have a new appreciation for) if you still want to.

i consider myself very educated on the ways in which mdma works on the brain and body.....and chemistry in general. i am after 'experiential' advice rather than information on how the drug works.

i dont really want to stop taking E. but at the same time its been a long time since i did not. i guess i don't really know where im going with this. other than.......is it really possible to use a chemical as potent as mdma for so long ad not pay any real price?

Obviously you are not educated on how ecstasy works because if you were you would not be taking it every week. Read up on how it works because it has been covered a thousand times. And knowledge of how MDMA works doesnt help if you dont respect the drug and control your intake

The only way to take MDMA and not pay a price is to respect it. Take it maybe 2-3 times a year and you can enjoy ecstasy for the rest of your life. Abuse it and you will be fried with lots of problems and lose the magic probably forever.

Ive seen multiple threads of kids complaining they dont feel the same after abuse and are having trouble with motor skills, brain zaps, memory and more. Please if you know somuch about ecstasy then you would know you need to stop.

this ^^^^ if you were educated you would know that the minimum amount of time to take between breaks is a month and that it's not a good idea at all to do x more than once a month if not longer, your going to eventually run into some side effects, i was moderate with my use (once every month or so ) this year and still ran into problems

@klubber - sounds like some one isnt really using any MDMA at all... or is new and did read up on it before posting in this forum. i dare you to take 3 - 4 pills 2 nights in a row while im with you and you tell me on the 3rd day that you dont feel like shit. and if youre not taking pills then what ever powder or substance youre getting is either not MDMA or of extremely little potency.

@lostsoul.on.e - you said what i wanted to say

im on day 58 of my break

Many people are going to have different veiws on this, but I can see why a human would enjoy, and routinely use ecstacy because of the feel good it gives, that many things in life that should just dont give to you.
The concern of mine is the tolerance that you may begin to have to these pills, and that may become an issue later on in life.

Do you continue to use them or do you wish to stop?
Have you thought about a more healthier way of getting a feel good feeling and release of seretonin?
I am not well educated with drug abuse (although i should be!) and i also do not know all the details about the brain and how it may work. However I think you should ask yourself if you are dependent to ecstacy and test to see if you can go for a period of time without using it. I would seek advice and opinions from someone such as a therapist or physciatrist (they usually offer therapy) and i am not saying that you have a dependency issue, but they will beable to explain to you what it is you are getting from ecstacy that you very well may beable to get from something else (in other words, maybe someone with more knowlegde and study about how the brain works can help you find your zen)

that is the only thing i have to offer, sorry i am not fully aware of every aspect in your situation feel free to privately message me if you would like to share more, i am a good listener

You can be educated about the way it works and still kind of 'overdo it'.

Thats what you call addiction. Being fully conscious about a problem doesn't mean that it prevents you from having that problem. Nasty thing.

Just take a break. Surely your mentality in later life is more important than getting high twice a week.

thanks people.

i do understand mdma......better than most i would imagine. and i can assure you that what i am taking is mdma. i have my own 'quality' control.

this is why i have trouble understanding my over use.

i cannot explain why 'i do not want to kill myself'....as one person has said. i simply do not find that a reduction or depletion of seretonin levels brings about this state of mind. i have seen it in others with my own eyes. but it is not the state that i experience.

i do, however, come close to this experience when i take pills that are mixed with amphetamine, or take mdma crystals with amphetamine.....or take cocaine. then i can understand this post-high depressive state. but when i go to a club i only use mdma or mdma containing pills......and in the absence of another drug.......i do not get these negative side effects.

it is clear to me that my use is constituting over-use. and i am taking measures to cut down.

i do think that context has a lot to do with this. i live in the UK, and i work in the dance music industry. i have noticed that many people who comment on mdma from the USA and outside of europe seem to view it as a drug that is best experienced maybe 2-3 times a year.....in almost a spiritual way. i am sure that some people in the UK do this too, but in europe mdma is very much a week in week out club drug. its use is rampant.....its availability is relatively high. and if one uses the right testing agents (many fakes in the UK) it is possible to support levels of usage like mine very easily.

I do not claim that this is a good thing. the fact that i have asked the questions that i have asked suggests that something inside of me is questioning my patterns of use.

i guess i wanted to know that i am not alone. at times i feel that way. we all know people who drink alcohol every week, who smoke nicotine every day. sometimes i do feel that i am alone amongst my friends in my mdma use.

but i don't feel any worse off for it. i still love and respect the drug. i still enjoy the experience and i don't feel fried, zapped, depressed......so maybe this is the time for that break. so that i don't fall out of love with mdma.

anyways.....thanks for all the replies

firstmoment,

Have you been to Ibiza. 3-4 pills 2 days in a row is not that much to be honest. starting off at Space for WE LOVE (22 hour rave) one can easily get through a gram......moving onto DC10 Circo Loco afterparty on monday morning.....again you can easily neck another 5 here.....then onto amnesia for cocoon........you get the picture.

although it is by no means good............3-4 pills two nights in a row is not a lot..........and to suggest that i am lying or whatever makes me think........do you know what you are talking about.

btw........when i say 5 above i mean pills. i prefer pills to mdma crystals when i am on a multi-day marathon due to stomach upset on crystal (and taste). my point is that what you consider to be 'impossible' levels of use are very very normal in some parts of europe.

I've never taken MDMA on a regular basis, but I have had two very good friends who are very intelligent people that took A LOT of mdma for a while. Both of them are very burnt out now. They still have their base intelligence and instincts, but they have way less memory, my one friend Jack who is like 28, had a F-MRI done on his brain back when he was like 21 or something and the doctor told him he had the brain of a 50 year old, not a 20 year old, from all the drugs he had done. I forget if it was an F-MRI or some other brain scanning procedure, but that's what he was told. The other friend Robbie went on a binge for like a year or so I guess and he got to the point where he just didn't 'feel' anymore, and since then he's always had a cold feeling about him, like he lost a lot of the joy in life or something. I don't know personally about abusing MDMA, but I do know about abusing other drugs and my experience says: the consequences WILL eventually catch up to you. You may react differently to MDMA than other people, but at some point it is probably going to break you down and fuck you up (if it hasn't already to some extent and you're just not aware of it) if you continue using at that rate. It's the same for all drugs.