• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

what do u eat before u roll??

spike14163

Greenlighter
What do you like to eat before you roll and when do you eat it? I've heard mixed feedback about starchy carbs slowing MDMA absorption or proteins taking long to metabolize. I'm no diet expert so I apologize if I sound misinformed. I've also heard about just eating fruits and vegs beforehand but I'm the type thats always hungry.

I like to have a nice late lunch and skip dinner. Carbs are good and should digest quickly enough and give you the energy you need, and you wont be too full by the time you roll such that absorption would be delayed.

Generally, while rolling most people have no appetite or desire to eat, so I wouldn't worry about getting hungry.

I usually try to have some pasta or rice about 5+ hours before I roll. It helps to give me energy since I wont be eating again for a while. Also I will sometimes have some fruit as a snack a few hours before I roll because it can be digested easily. Meat takes a long time to digest so try to avoid eating it before you roll.

nothing... why would you fill your stomach up with something thats gonna make youre drugs absorb slower?

for some reason i have found that if i eat right before i roll it intensifies it. i usually try to eat a couple of tuna sandwiches (for protein) and some chips or carrot sticks. gives me the required energy for the night and it boosts my roll

nothing... why would you fill your stomach up with something thats gonna make youre drugs absorb slower?

This is why its good to not eat anything too close to a roll. But I think that the OP may just be wondering what people eat before they roll AND how long before dropping they eat it

I try my best not to. I normally eat several small meals throughout the day because Im active and play sports. If I roll and jump up and down for hours I would probably get lightheaded without food. I'm more interested in knowing foods that will interfere with my roll the least and when to eat it.

This should help:

Before a trip - eat fruits, vegetables and starches, avoid oils and heavy proteins, don't eat anything heavier than fruit an hour before dropping, especially if you are prone to nausea.
During the trip - drink juice, eat simple starches (bread, crackers) and nibble fruit, set a schedule for eating and stick to it (remember, you won't feel hungry) avoid candy, pop and anything with alcohol or caffeine. (These may seem nice, but they do bad things to your blood sugar and hydration.)
After the trip - eat fruits, vegetables and starches, avoid oils and heavy proteins, eat several small meals rather than trying to eat a few large ones, remember you won't *feel* hungry but your body needs the food.
Source: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_health2.shtml

Also here is a thread which breaks down the digestion times for foods. It is very helpful when trying to time dosing
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=419813

I usually eat chili cheese fries with pastrami around 12-1 pm. And that fills me up for the rest of the day until I roll which is usually around 9pm. When 9pm hits im hungry but im not starving and ive been doing that for a couple of years and it always works out for me.

Dude I can guarantee you won't want to eat a thing during the roll or the comedown, even if you haven't eaten anything all day. The problem with that, however, is that if you are rather skinny, the roll might burn some muscle. I used to be somewhat fat, so I wouldn't eat a thing the day of the roll. I rolled 6-7 times total over a month and a half period and went from fat to 100% skinny. Then I rolled once more a few months later (still skinny) and noticed that at least a little muscle was gone, and when I tried to stretch for gym a few days later my flexibility was WAY down, and never fully returned.

So it's probably a good idea to eat some carbs many hours before you roll. Just make sure your stomach is empty when you pop the pills.

I've tried both big meals and nothing at all and found that small amounts of bland foods like crackers, toast or cereal are best for me. Enough food to kick digestion into gear without overloading the gut with fuel for diarrhea/nausea.

I don't think too much about it...I try to eat something light a few hours before.

Maybe you'll be able to eat on the comedown. I've gone for ice cream during the comedown, it was delicious and just made me feel better overall having some food in my stomach. But I usually smoke pot when I comedown so that might be what helps with the appetite...

Fruit. It won't make the absorbtion of the substance slower. actually I think it will improve absorption by speeding up your methabolism.

Balanced diet is very important especially if you are a regular user. It may not seem much when you are younger but trust me, it catches up on you before you realise. Most of the health issues when you are old are to do with prolonged irregular sleeping, eating and drinking patterns when you are younger.