The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Massive Amounts of Fake Pharmaceuticals- HARM REDUCTION THREAD

PainGame

Bluelighter
Massive amounts of fake Mallinckrodt M box 30mg Oxys Hitting HARM REDUCTION THREAD

Apparently it is bad.

Can anyone discuss how to determine a real one? To keep everyone safe and not dead?

Or if someone gets a fake please post a picture!

Or if someone can be specific in discussing the characteristics of legitimate ones -

color, taste, thickness compared to Qualitest V and A/215 brands.

I have heard they can for sure be differentiated with some practice, but people are getting very sick, like ER sick.

Is there a way to adapt a home drug testing kit to work on these pills in other words could you get one and test the pill for opiate content somehow?

Thanks - this is hitting a lot of people.

Also I would not post this frivolously - I did some of the research behind the link between insuffalation and silicosis with OPANA ER - see here in ADF - http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=8732234#post8732234

This is not a joke and there needs to be some awareness among the community so no one else is hurt.

Please scroll down since I cannot post link to read firsthand reports I excerpted from the originals so that we would be 100% safe with any copyright issues - they are just excerpts and reprintable under the fair use act and will hopefully raise awareness - as a community there needs to be ZERO tolerance for this sort of fake medicine thing especially when it is dangerous to your health and not at all what you expect.

Last edited by a moderator:
^I edited out the link in your original post and merged your 2 posts together. While most outside links providing documentation for claims and such are copacetic; links to other forums often are not because they don't have the same guidelines and policies as us... so if WE don't allow prices or vendor discussion, for example, why would we allow links to a site that openly does?

Anyway... myself and other staff were unsure about this thread. If we can get some solid information beyond just speculation, this certainly has harm reduction value. I don't doubt that this is occurring, however I have no idea on what scale or what actual or potential dangers this poses.

For now this can stay here to see what kind of discussion it generates, but if its really confined to a specific area and doesn't have applicability to a large amount of the OD community, it'll be moved to the appropriate regional forum.

Lastly, this recent thread discussed testing hydrocodone pills and the responses are the same for oxycodone. With marquis reaction EZ tests or other home testing kits, you can detect the presence of opioids/opiates but not specifically WHICH opiate. If these fake pills have any opioid them, the test will not differentiate between them and it won't tell you if other harmful ingredients were used.

what about the test? i'm sure a fake doesn't taste like a real one, and if you don't trust the situation then don't do it..

^This isn't true, there's no fakes going around. And if there were they wouldn't be killing people.

^you can say there aren't fakes anywhere with 100% certainty?

In fairness to the OP, he originally had a link to another forum where many people where expressing their experiences with these fakes in a specific geographic region, so to claim outright the phenomenon doesn't exist is just ignorant.

I'm not sure we understand OP- People are getting sick? As though there is a toxic substance, and inactive perhaps in these fake pills that is making people actually sick? Or is it that these purported fake pills have Fentanyl (or one of its analogues) in them and people are overdosing? Or something else?

We definitely need something more to go on, otherwise any advice we might offer is purely specultative.

^you can say there aren't fakes anywhere with 100% certainty?

In fairness to the OP, he originally had a link to another forum where many people where expressing their experiences with these fakes in a specific geographic region, so to claim outright the phenomenon doesn't exist is just ignorant.

I know with 100% certainty that the market is being flooded with fake M boxed Roxis. My friend in Florida got burned and his reaction from the pill was really bad tachycardia and dilated pupils. He was afriad he would have a heart attack.

Someone with a pill press is making these and there is some speculation there is some MDMA or speed content in them, or it was a failed extasy batch that was repressed to look like OXYs and sold.

This has spread all over the country - I am really sad the link was removed as there are hundreds of reports in Florida, Kentucky, Delaware, New Jersey - of people getting really sick and there even being violence caused by angry people who have been burned.

I live on the west coast but am concerned if they are spreading. Only a magnifying glass can tell them apart they are so professionally done.

Here are some direct quotes.

I am sorry but I am not allowed to post the link which has over 100 reports from different individuals this has happened to and all report getting sick Please if we can get a picture of one of the fake ones so the rest of us can learn to detect them.

has any one seen? or know what they are? i got ripped tonight for (an amount of money deleted specifics) not real f#ckin happy. Part of it i know but still so mad i cant stand it im gonna get em but still not my $ just whatever they got on them after i get done splitting thier head open.anyways they look just like a m box 30 just a little bigger and a shade darker you have to look so close to be able to tell .its amazing has 30 on other side and everything.i could not believe it.

Just came across a batch of em- the imprint is exactly the same as the real thing (M box on one side, 30 above the score line on the other side), but they are a little bit larger and darker blue. Also, they have no taste, and if snorted will make u cough and hack as if u inhaled chalk. They do seem 2 b cut a bit sloppy- uneven edges, etc.
They're making their way around the Tampa Bay, FL area so beware!
Real M30s are pale blue, almost white, and have a bitter taste and drip. If they don't look right, don't risk it!

i think the ones they got, came high quality from china
they been selling lots of fake pharmaceuticals for awhile now

they are over here in lauderdale also just almost got got look just like u explained 2 a T everybody be on look out examine real good before u buy

Well according to the posters on here the tainted 30mg Mallinckrodt Oxycodone have so far shown up in 3 states (Florida, Kentucky and Virginia.

The posters have stated that these pills look almost identical to the real pills, the fake pills were stated to be shaded a little darker blue, so you have to look very closely at them.

They also stated that the pills made them very sick and made them feel like they were about to die.

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE FAKE 30's IN TAMPA) I jus came aross that shyt it palm harbor, fl, I got from a frnd and when i got hm an blow it i knew right away it wasent right, so i broke up a real half (from tusted source ), then broke up the fake half and started tasting them, first the real..then the fak..real..fake.. i knew it was fake after that, it tast wierd like chalk,nasty,..burns going up a little,.an when u brake them they shater like glass into jaged edges, now i've done a lot of pills in my day and some brake soft some shater a little,..but if you've been useing blu's for a while YOU WILL KNOW when you brake it,.they look a tad bigger ,(you have to look real close),an lighter in coler like white,...very very good fakes, i think they may have used a bean(xtc) press ,with small custom dyes, (custom dyes are avalable all over the internet, u send them a picture or print and they make em)

my freind bought some of these m30s that were aliitle larger in size and they completely SUCKED!!! SHE WAS STILL DOPE SICK after doing 10 of them!!! If u buy them,make sure there from the PHARMACY!!!

i have seen the seen the fake mallinkrodt 30 mg blues. they were good fakes, only way to tell was lookin at the side with the 30 on it. it looks like it was rubbed a bit and is not as indented as a real m box. smell and taste horrible. when i tested them they came up possitive for opiates and methamphetamines/ectacy. dont know what that means but maybe there home made?

This is no joke folks, these are going around south FL and they are hard to spot unless you look at them under a light, i got 1 the other night and it didn't really do anything to me, i even felt a beer (bud light) over it and thats just not right.

watch out for these!

Made it to West Virginia too .. feel like shit..looked the same as described and the taste...eww.

we did our run to CT and picked up a pritty huge batch and sure enough they where fakes. u can also tell because the 30s slanted and they are never perfect u can look at them solo and tell each one is different. im pritty sure they are comeing from NY when it comes to my area. oh and yes they are noticeably bigger im lookin at them right now next to all 3 legit 30s a v m's also side note throw them up on a digi. it takes 7 oc 80s to = a gram andit takes 11 box ms to way a gram so every time u throw 11 up the weight comes outs different everytime

yea they officially hit orlando about a month and a half ago.. they look just as you described and almost undistinguishable.. taste like chalk.. all I can say is inspect when buying with scrutiny and you better believe that the person that is selling em to you knows they are fake!!!! Its prolly some dickhead with a pill press doing this shitt.. Fuck the internet

They have officially hit Tallahassee now...coming from S. Florida. Hit our family for over $600!!! Not very happy! Would really like to know what was in them since we were all SOOOOOO sick from it & felt near death, almost admitted ourselves to the ER! Does anyone have a clue as to what they are made of??? We haven't felt right since!

I completely agree. i took 6 and felt as if i was going to die. My pupils are so big, there is no color in my eyes. I will never do one again in my life. I urge everyone to be very carefull if ur buyin them because I believe someone will die off those, if someone hasn't already. If you have been doing 30s for a while, you will know the difference between them and the fakes. Some characteristics of the fake one: Looks undoubtedly like a M block except for its deeper blue tint and bigger size, it crushes kinda grainy rather than powdery, tastes salty, burns to snort, makes your heart race nonstop for 15 hours, sweats, huge pupils (I can't even exaggerate the size of my pupils, they were just black). Be carefull everyone. I truly feel like I escaped death that night.

These fakes look REALLY good!! You need to have a real one and lay the fake one side by side. The fake is slightly more blue in color and the fakes sit taller than the real M's. Real M's powder up easy when u crush 'em,the fakes are HARD AS A ROCK and don't powder up easily. It seems that people who sell them are mixing them in along with real ones. Does anyone know what's actually in them??

These are just a sampling of over 100 reports from separate individuals, they are spreading further across the country and there needs to be some awareness so those of us who have not gotten sick can learn to identify the fakes. Also word needs to get out so people can be careful.

Last edited:
I'm not sure we understand OP- People are getting sick? As though there is a toxic substance, and inactive perhaps in these fake pills that is making people actually sick? Or is it that these purported fake pills have Fentanyl (or one of its analogues) in them and people are overdosing? Or something else?

We definitely need something more to go on, otherwise any advice we might offer is purely specultative.

Please read some quotes above the moderators are not allowing links to other bulletim boards but people need to know about this - it is a serious - very serious - harm reduction issue! There are thousands of these fakes flooding and spreading across the USA.

Also I hate people who try to take advatage of pain patients or people with addiction - they would have a hard enough time already without people doing this kind of thing.

Thank you for posting the quotes!

If you notice in the first one they mention prices... This isn't allowed here and was one reason the link was removed.

I'll bring up the link issue with other staff and see what they think... If you can, please edit out that quote. I'm on my phone at work and don't have a lot of time at the moment but wanted to thank you for adding the quotes.

what is in these fake pills...and what states have they been found in?

After reading a ton of posts online, it seems that they are heavily in Florida, but are scattered up and down the east coast. They have been around since Sept. Hopefully they are gone and no more are produced.

From reports, they are a tad bit bigger, a bit more flat and just a shade of blue darker. The imprints are spot on, but if examined closely you can tell something is a little off with the press, the box's aren't always centered, etc.

I have not seen any pics of these, it would be great if someone could get a pic of one up so we have a visual idea of what to look for.

Whatever is in these is making people feel sick, dialated pupils, and trips to the ER. They apparently taste like chalk/bitter burn like hell in the nose and don't crush into a nice powder, but rather shatter first.

Even the most experienced users have reported getting ripped, and finding it almost impossible to distinguish one from the other without having a real one to compare it to side by side.

IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT THAT YOUR M30 IS FAKE, TAKE A PIC, POST IT AND THROW IT AWAY. Or send it to a place that can test it and find out what people are getting poisoned with.

Be careful everyone,

-Noddy

aren't the blue M30's roxicodone, not MSContin?

Always heard "blues" as interchangeable with roxicontin

just wondering

the morphine M30's i've seen are red/purple

Thank you for posting the quotes!

If you notice in the first one they mention prices... This isn't allowed here and was one reason the link was removed.

I'll bring up the link issue with other staff and see what they think... If you can, please edit out that quote. I'm on my phone at work and don't have a lot of time at the moment but wanted to thank you for adding the quotes.

NP, Done!:)

aren't the blue M30's roxicodone, not MSContin?

Always heard "blues" as interchangeable with roxicontin

just wondering

the morphine M30's i've seen are red/purple

Um these are Roxis - no one is talking about Morphine.

Again this is Mallinckrodt 30mg IR Oxycodone.

I really hope someone can get one who is one of our smarter members and do an analysis to find out what the hell is in these fakes and also post pictures so people can avoid them.

Word to the wise - if you get "M" boxed 30mg Roxis BE VERY VERY CAUTIOUS. It seems to have like some bad MDMA or METH or even like MEPHEDRONE IN IT.

"It's prolly some dickhead with a pill press doing this shitt.."

Thanks, Einstein - that narrows it down quite a bit!!!

Hmm, whoever's selling em is prolly some dickhead sayin they're oxycodone instead of sayin they're fakes.

So have you gotten these personaly? Or are you just going on what you've read about online?

A simple solution would be to not get Malinkrot brand, and get qualist "V" instead.

^I've only seen those in parts of the USA (Southeast)... I'm sure the plant there spreads them all over the country to an extent, but the closest generic company to your location will still have a huge impact on your local pill availability.

About a month ago there were some fakes going around in CT. They looked EXACTLY as they have been described in this thread, slightly bigger, slightly darker, not perfectly pressed. They broke up weird too, but they had ZERO effect. Ate and sniffed a few and didnt feel anything, positive or negative.

FAKES IN SW FLORIDA! M 30 oxycodone 30MGs

Definitely fakes in Southwest Florida, Several people have gotten VERY SICK after doing these!

THE M press is much bigger than the M press on real ones, I Will post pictures shortly

IMG_1148.jpg
IMG_1150.jpg

Last edited: