• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom

lazywhitefox

Greenlighter
hey all. I just received a small amount of Kratom and I was wondering what the best way to ingest it would be. It's 13 grams of the powder. I've read that Gel-capping it is the best way to go, but I've read a lot about teas. This is my first experience with Kratom, so I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I've never even met anyone who's done it. Please help me! I'm very anxious to try it, but don't want to waste it. Thank you.

13 grams of what? bali, thai, an extract? From your research, how much do you think you should take? I ask because an extract you would take much less of, and standard leaf 13 grams might be best used in one dose. (*Might* be too much depending on if you don't have tolerance for opiates and if you are under like 120 pounds - but taking 8 or 10g wouldn't leave you with a decent amount for later use.) The only problem with taking too much kratom, is a dizzy nausea. Nothing to fear and still wouldn't impair your ability to enjoy the kratom.

Gel-caps are a great way - do you have a capping contraption and caps to cap kratom with? Bombing bundles using rizlas or tp works good too - for avoiding the flavor.

Personally, with some experience I've acquired a taste for the flavor, so I go with the fastest method which is adding water to the powder and chugging it down. Quick, easy, and decent onset.

I would suggest boiling the water, with powder that has initially blended with cold water and raw leaf. There is likely tropical bacteria residing on the leaves, although if you have a strong immune system, Big deal!

I like to add cinnamon, ginger and cardamon and lots of honey/sugar... try it iced !
Happy 'toming ;)

I get the best effects from the "dump and swallow" method......just put some juice/soda in your mouth, put measured amount in the mouth and swallow. I get good effects from 4 grams of Bali this way.

Well i actually tried all three ways. I gelcap'd 4 pills and swallowed them. I didn't feel anything within the hour so I mixed some with boiling water and drank it. Still nothing. So I mixed the rest with a bottle of tea and chugged it. I feel that I should mention that I'm also in the middle of a pretty large adderall binge. I've been up for 2 days taking almost 200 mg in that period. So, with sleep depravation, the speed, and a couple bowls of weed on top of this, I was feeling amazing! I couldn't keep a single train of thought for about an hour, and when i was trying to sleep i kept opening my eyes to very real hallucinations. All in all, a very good time, but I don't think I'll be ordering any more Kratom. I'll obviously just waste it anyway... haha.

got 5g. of the 15x shit today, gonna try it.

Mix w/ apple juice

I have found that mixing kratom w/ apple juice works well and disguises the nasty taste. I also use a gram scale and measure out between 2.5-4.0 grams. this amount seems to work well for me. I have not tried taking large amounts although I frequently read posts by folks who do. I enjoy the feeling it gives me and I find it has pain relieving efficacy similar to oxys or norcos, without the empty, chemical feeling those drugs have. Just experiment, but IMO use a scale so know exactly how much you are ingesting.

It's not necessary to boil it if you get it in powder form, your stomach acids are sufficient to kill off the bacteria– I've never gotten sick because of it and I've been burning for over a year. A good starting dose (assuming that you ordered Bali) is 3-5 grams or 1 1/2-2 tsp. Kratom works best when you're well rested and you're not on any other drugs.

I started using Kratom less than a week ago. I think I've had it four times. The only easy way for me to do it is to mix it with some flavoured yogurt and add some sugar, about one of the small containers of yogurt and 2-3 grams of sugar for every 3-5 grams of kratom. I enjoy it roughly as much as alcohol.

Last edited:
I'm jealous of all you guys that only have to use like 6 grams of kratom. My normal dose is around 12 grams of bali. I've tried different types of kratom from various vendors so it not that I'm just getting bunk stuff. I've never used opiates in my life so that's not the problem either.

Anyway, I'd say gel cap it assuming you have a large number of gel caps. It takes around 25 00 sized gel caps to get around 12 grams in my experience.

i'd stick about 8 grams in a cup of water and drink the lot slowly over 30mins, save the 5 grams for when it wears off to bring yourself down gradually

Oh, man. 13g of bali or thai kratom would make me vomit and dry heave for hours, get the hiccups, and generally feel like complete crap. I wouldn't advise it. I recommend going to erowid's website and reading everything that they have on kratom:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/kratom/kratom.shtml

After you read that, come back here and read what people have to say about kratom once you already have a general idea about it.

Try to take kratom on an empty stomach. This means that you want to wait 2 to 3 hours after having your last meal. Don't take it while you are starving though. A totally empty stomach on starvation mode makes people feel shitty, and adding kratom to the mix won't help that. So figure out what works best for you in that 2 to 3 hour window. It's cool to have an apple or some fruit 30 minutes to one hour after taking the kratom on an empty stomach. I find that, after I take kratom on an empty stomach, having a little fruity snack helps rev up my metabolism and kickstarts the kratom. Taking kratom on an empty stomach makes it kick in faster. You may need to wait a while longer for it to kick in if you gel cap it because all of the gel caps need to dissolve. I never tried it in tea. I usually just weigh out my dose, put it onto waxed paper, and "toss 'n wash" it, which means I take a bit of orange or apple juice to mask the bitter taste and put it into my mouth, cup my tongue, funnel the kratom powder into my mouth, then swallow it with more juice. After 30 minutes to an hour I start to feel it.

Too much kratom will make you super sick and that's no fun at all. Start out with a low dose after you've read up on it. Definitely read through the experience reports on erowid.org to get a general idea of what different doses do to most people. If you don't get a good effect, wait a few days then the next time you try it up your dose a bit. If it still doesn't work, be patient, wait a few days so you don't get a big tolerance and then try again with a slightly higher dose. Seriously, take it slow, kratom sickness SUCKS!

Tip: Kratom constricts your pupils like most opiates will do. If you want to check in to see if it might be starting to work, and you look in the mirror and your pupils are pinned, then you know it's doing something at least.

Just picked up some 15:1 extract, 6 grams of it but havent tried Kratom yet, this will be my first time, will report back.

yea 15 grams of what...dif kratom will produce dif effects and if you dont have a tolerance dosage is going to be huge...but if you have been doing a while ( which i doubt because you asked) you would just test it because you know what the feelings are...good way to start is 2-5 grams...and trust me ive been doing kratom for a little bit/tried alot of different strains

yea 15 grams of what...dif kratom will produce dif effects and if you dont have a tolerance dosage is going to be huge...but if you have been doing a while ( which i doubt because you asked) you would just test it because you know what the feelings are...good way to start is 2-5 grams...and trust me ive been doing kratom for a little bit/tried alot of different strains

It's also tricky because different strains of kratom sometimes effect you at different doses, and extract-enhanced kratom differs greatly from one vendor to another. Every time I've overdone it unintentionally it's been when I tried a similar extract-enhanced kratom powder from a different vendor after getting used to another vendor's kratom. It helps to find something that works for you and then stick with it for the most part. One enhanced bali kratom powder could be pretty different from another vendor's enhanced bali kratom because the ratios and extracts used might not be the same.

It's also tricky because different strains of kratom sometimes effect you at different doses, and extract-enhanced kratom differs greatly from one vendor to another. Every time I've overdone it unintentionally it's been when I tried a similar extract-enhanced kratom powder from a different vendor after getting used to another vendor's kratom. It helps to find something that works for you and then stick with it for the most part. One enhanced bali kratom powder could be pretty different from another vendor's enhanced bali kratom because the ratios and extracts used might not be the same.

thats another point...the MOST important thing to remember with kratom...is find a good vendor...i cannot stress that enough