• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Kratom 15x Extract - Experienced - Do not waste your money!!

Seattle_Stranger

Bluelighter
I'm fairly experienced with kratom powdered leaf by now. I usually just buy the plain jane premium commercial powdered leaf, and about 10-12g of it gets me well. 20g gets me nodding. Pretty consistently too.

The worst part about kratom is the ingestion. Ugh, that vile taste you must endure to enjoy it, but it's definitely worth it. I read about extracts, and thought it would be awesome if I could get the same effects with far less powder. To me, that would be worth paying a little bit extra, ESPECIALLY if I could capsule it!

I ordered a 15x powdered extract, which is claimed to have a 15:1 potency to regular powdered leaf. That means that for every gram of the extract, it should be as potent as 15 grams of powdered leaf. It came in the mail, and I very excitedly capsuled up 1.1g of the extract. Down the hatch. Played some video games, and after about 1.5 hours, I decided to pour another gram into some OJ, and I downed that too.

Nothing. My pupils didn't even pin out. On 10g of regular kratom my pupils nearly disappear. I took what allegedly should have been as potent as 30g of powdered leaf. Felt some slight stimulation, about a cup of coffee's worth, but that was it!

No sourcing, but I can say that the powdered leaf I buy from a certain Mr is consistently good. He doesn't carry any extracts, so I decided to order the 15x from a well known Shaman site, and it sucked. Take that as you will. :)

After I started using plain leaf frequently extracts ceased to have any effects on me at all. How long have you been using kratom? Ive tried to take a few weeks break but my tolerance hasn't dropped that much. Do you do anything to keep your tolerance to kratom down?

All the extracts I have tried have been disapointing. I read somewhere that it is quite hard to extract well. I just have the super fine powdered leaves premium grade. If you put it in hot water the powder will pretty much disolve into the water and is easy to drink.

When I was into kratom I just used the whole leaf, boiled them into tea. Never heard anything that good about the extract though.

Yeah I gotta agree the kratom extracts are no where as strong as they should be. I'd take the equivalent of plain leaf any day.

I've gotten buzzed off the extracts but never as buzzed as I should have been. It's a pain but I'd rather parachute straight leaf.

After I started using plain leaf frequently extracts ceased to have any effects on me at all. How long have you been using kratom? Ive tried to take a few weeks break but my tolerance hasn't dropped that much. Do you do anything to keep your tolerance to kratom down?

I haven't been using it all that long, maybe just a couple months now, maybe 2-3 times a week, sometimes less. Not much of a habit yet, nor an addiction, but starting to get to the craving point, where I am starting to have that "Oh I wish I was high" feeling, similar to when I used to use pods, but that was much worse.

So now being fairly experienced with kratom, this extract did nothing but disappoint me. I quickly ordered 120g of powdered leaf, and when it gets here you bet your sweet ass I'm downing 20g of funkafied orange juice. %)

I'd be uncomfortable trying to stuff a ounce of anything up my ass

These extracts are a waste of time and money. What does 15x really mean anyway? Seeing as how kratom is unregulated, there could very well be no difference at all between 5x, 10x, 15x, etc. from one vendor to the next, or even from the same vendor. We have no way of knowing any of this, or whether the people making these extracts actually know how to properly extract active constituents from a plant, or moreover whether all the desirable actives in this particular plant are being extracted at all.

I feel like a broken record saying this on here so much, but honestly: stick with plain leaf. At least then you have a better idea of what you're getting.