• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Is it safe to drink every night?

You want to know if you have a problem with alcohol,stop drinking for 30 days,be honest with yourself!!tell no one of your plan,you will know after 30.My self I'm a drunk! but i haven't had a drink in over a year!

Personally, I can't stop myself from drinking. I might drink three nights a week, three beers a night. That is enough to make me feel guilty, so I continue to run ~3 miles a day and do bodyweight exercises.

I can live with my drinking "habit" because of my plentiful exercise and healthy diet. Or, perhaps I can live with my exercise and healthy diet because I drink...

;)

I'm going to die anyway. Might as well have fun doing it.

Tell me it's fun when you're dying of liver failure or cancer ;)

As I said before, which you seem to have conveniently ignored, the level that you're drinking now isn't necessarily particularly dangerous, BUT you should aim to have at least 2 or 3 alcohol-free days per week.

Certain drugs done on a daily basis will always move one towards a greater tolerance. Alcohol is defiantly in that class of drugs so 3-4 drinks a day will tend to drift ever higher for many people. 10 years and that drift will be how much? It will vary but could easily be double or triple, maybe more. That is part of the reason why periods of abstinence might be good. It can help keep the tolerance drift from being to drastic. A different reason periodic abstinence could be good is that chemical pleasures or reliefs can become to routinized, habitual without pleasure or gain. After some abstinence some of the "magic" comes back.

If you drink anything more than one to two drinks a night, you are causing damage to many functions of your body. The ideal way to drink is to have one a night, and not right before bed; rather with dinner.

It is actually harder on your body to "binge drink" only four times a month than to drink one drink every day that whole month (yes, even if more alcohol is being consumed overall!)

Safe drinking

You wont cause any major health problems. Its just unhealthy in general, because of hangovers, weight gain and dehydration. After a year of drinking about 18 beers a day it took me awhile to recover and get healthy again.

how much do you weigh?

cuz weight has a big effect, and your sex, aswell since alcohol is more detrimental to females

6 beers might not be much for a 200lb 6.5 german boy:p

but a native american 98lb girl it would effect majorly

also id imagine the quickness of consumed alcohol would ply a role aswell,
and the fullness of your stomach

i wonder if its less harmful, if you barley get a buzz, i mean on some days 6 beer's will just be the tip of the iceberg for intoxication

You wont cause any major health problems.

This is entirely incorrect. Chronic drinking, i.e. drinking relatively small amounts (and large amounts too obviously) every single day, is actively potentially causing major health problems. It's just that alcohol-related diseases can develop over such a long period of time which may cause people to think that nothing bad is happening to them right now. But in the long run, the amount of alcohol consumed now is effectively causing major health problems.

I am into bodybuilding and I know that it is pretty bad for that so I stay away from Alcohol and snort Ketamine instead.

This is entirely incorrect. Chronic drinking, i.e. drinking relatively small amounts (and large amounts too obviously) every single day, is actively potentially causing major health problems. It's just that alcohol-related diseases can develop over such a long period of time which may cause people to think that nothing bad is happening to them right now. But in the long run, the amount of alcohol consumed now is effectively causing major health problems.
I wanted to point out that the harmful effects of chronic drinking (over decades) in relatively small amounts could be indistindguisable from the effects of getting old. It's not easy to separate the damage done by drinking fron the damage done by aging and bad genes. Having said that, I think I agree with you.

Mars: You might benefit from setting some persoanl limits on how much you drink and when. IMO, 6 a day, every day, is too much.

i imagine it will give you a beer belly and put strain on your liver and other organs. plus you will develop tolerance