• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Sasha Shulgin suffers a stroke

Dr. Shulgin is home and things seem to getting better, see below;

Note from Tania & Ann written at the hospital earlier today:
HI ALL,

SASHA IS COMING HOME TODAY. THE ANGIOGRAM WAS SUCCESSFUL. THERE IS INCREASED BLOOD FLOW TO HIS LOWER LEFT LEG SO HOPEFULLY THE HEALING OF HIS WOUNDS WILL HAPPEN NOW. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR DONATIONS, ATTENTION, AND MOST OF ALL YOUR LOVE.

MANY BLESSINGS,
TANIA AND ANN
(Facebook)

Sorry for the delay in updates; we are so amazingly busy here. Sasha is home! Hurray! Still quite a bit of pain and somewhat out of it. We are supporting him with round the clock care. Ann told me she would write an update and I hope to post it here tomorrow. Your messages of love and gifts are every bit as effective as the prescriptions. Thank you. You rock! Happy Thanksgiving to you all. ~ gregM
(Caringbridge.com)

Wrong, Meth is not more toxic at low therapeutic doses (less than 30 mg oral) than normal amphetamine. At higher doses when it loses dopaminergic selectivity and releases serotonin yes it is worse.

MDMA taken in equipotent doses regularly is much worse than normal methamphetamine. Thats why you should only roll like 4 times a year where as with meth you could easily get away with once a week usage. I will say meth is more addictive by far which is probably why it has more stigma.

Hah and i hope shulgin dies before he creates anymore toxic compounds that ruin lives, because lets be real most people dont take mdma like they should and fuck themselves into e-tards who become a burden to society....

come at me...

Fuck you.

this is what i wonder too, drugs are new theres nothing know of long term effects, look at what we just now find out about steroids, people who used steroids are HIGHLY HIGHLY susceptable to heart attacks. what if its the same for drugs like meth, mdma and we dont even know it yet. yes mdma effects the brain much more so maybe a long term effect of heavy use is the user becomes highly susceptable to strokes? i guess only time will tell. same thing what meth, nobody knows what will happen later in life to the young people who chooose to use meth heavily in the 90's & 2000's.

Dude to put it into perspective for you the man is 85, he's doing pretty good to even still be alive... It dosn't seem a big stretch to think this was caused through old age?

As someone pointed out he's 10 years past the average life expectancy for males dude.

I doubt the cause of his stroke was through experimental drug use that happend 30 years ago.

Hope he pulls through i'd donate if i had the money.:(

Wrong, Meth is not more toxic at low therapeutic doses (less than 30 mg oral) than normal amphetamine. At higher doses when it loses dopaminergic selectivity and releases serotonin yes it is worse.

MDMA taken in equipotent doses regularly is much worse than normal methamphetamine. Thats why you should only roll like 4 times a year where as with meth you could easily get away with once a week usage. I will say meth is more addictive by far which is probably why it has more stigma.

Hah and i hope shulgin dies before he creates anymore toxic compounds that ruin lives, because lets be real most people dont take mdma like they should and fuck themselves into e-tards who become a burden to society....

come at me...

Hopeforly you die somewhere uncomfortable with no scientific technology or any thing derived from the hardwork of scientists to ease your pain. No drugs, no nothing.

But no, when the situation is right for you i bet you would happily gobble down one of sasha's creations.... Or use drugs which have been invented by other scientists which have caused both good and bad things to happen in society.

Now can your small brain see where im coming from now? Anyways i don't have to demonstrate your stupidity anymore you did that well enough yourself...

PS: i'm only biting once cunt, i'm not gunna buy too much into this argument you're obviously craving to start..

The intelligence and articulation that Sasha carries with him is enough to ascertain that drug use has had little or no effect on the mans cognitive abilities. Or that if they do carry with them neurological burdens that with mental excersize one can find these "long term effects" negligible

sorry to hear about the stroke. sending positive thought in the shulgins direction. as said before they should be financially stable, such a genius chemist, with so many contributions to humanity.

Anyone know where I can see a picture of this diamond mixed with a pearl?

come at me...

you are a complete dumbass

did he put a gun to peoples heads telling them to misuse those compounds?

it is called personal responsibility

FUCK HENRY FORD FOR HELPING MAKE THE AUTOMOBILE POPULAR - SO MANY PEOPLE DIE IN THEM EVERY YEAR, THAT FUCK

do us a favor and SHUT THE FUCK UP

--------------------------------------------------
anyways, I donated and I am glad it seems Sasha is doing better.

Via facebook ...

Dear Everybody,
Sasha came home Wednesday night. Attached to his left foot is a most extraordinary invention called a Wound Vacuum, not very large at all -- it's mostly a piece of special black sponge which is fitted to the wound, held to it by thin see-through film which extends well beyond the ulcer(s) to wrap around the leg. A thin tube extends from the middle of the wrapping, down to a dainty black purse-like box which hums away, maintaining a complete vacuum. The purpose of this miraculous contraption is to draw out fluids which tend to build up in the injured area, causing swelling and inflammation, and also to encourage blood to move into the field of battle. Without blood flow, healing cannot take place, and healing (not only in the general sense of the word, but in the very specific sense of the coming together of the edges of a wound, the forming of granulation tissue, and eventually the reforming of healthy skin over the ulcer) is the thing we've been waiting for during the past six months.
We are very lucky people. We've got a plucky British woman, cheerful and efficient, funny and optimistic, who comes for the night watch, helps with Sasha's dinner (he's still being hand-fed), brushes his teeth and checks to see that the nether regions are dry before he goes to sleep, after which she curls up on our long, very comfy couch and doesn't stir unless Sasha wakes up, or the 5:30 alarm goes off, at which time she looks for me and, if necessary, knocks on my bedroom door to wake me up. Then we both change the King's diaper (he often sleeps through all this), tuck him back into his blankets, and go back to sleep. Which reminds me, I'd better take an intermission, and get some sleep before my own alarm goes off in four and a half hours. I'll continue this tomorrow, I promise. Ann

My name is Mike Power and I wrote that Guardian article posted above.

I figured it would be good to get the story out as widely as possible, and checked with friends and contacts of Shulgin before I wrote it.

I also wanted to give Ann a chance to respond, in mainstream media, to the inevitable speculation that her husband's use of psychedelics had caused his stroke.

Awesome. Genuinely, thank you. It's brilliant that you got there before the Mail.

That being said, without being able to relate this story to the Royal Wedding, I'm not sure it would have ever made it onto the Mail website, let alone the paper.

Just donated. Everyone try and help!

Sorry for the delay in updates; we are so amazingly busy here. Sasha is home! Hurray! Still quite a bit of pain and somewhat out of it. We are supporting him with round the clock care. Ann told me she would write an update and I hope to post it here tomorrow. Your messages of love and gifts are every bit as effective as the prescriptions. Thank you. You rock! Happy Thanksgiving to you all. ~ gregM

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/shura/

This man's predicament in a way reminds me of the terrible job FOX News did of covering the life of Kurt Vonnegut when he died.

I'll probably donate some money to this great dude once I get some cash, because that's the only form of currency I'd send his way. :\

come at me...

lol come at you? Your so cool man like wow you must be sooo tough and scary to say that behind a computer screen. Fucking quiff, you dying would be of much greater benifit to society than shuligin dying